Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 133 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

58 minutes ago, march said:

No they weren't - the Police are considering it - the venue is claiming they new nothing about this 🙄, they are looking at the organisers but I bet this goes nowhere.

True, they are facing the fine and of course the venue will do what it can to get out of it but that does make it quite different to 'only issued 5 £200 fines' that you noted.

4 minutes ago, pete said:

New nothing so why we're black out curtains at every window

....and how did they get in !

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
16 minutes ago, Techyd said:

True, they are facing the fine

The problem is who is actually facing the fine.

The school is claiming it new nothing as it used a 3rd party for letting the premises

The 3rd party was just doing it's job and letting it as it had been charged to do (no longer apparently - contract cancelled)

The newly weds?

The person who booked the hall - who may claim they were never there and new nothing etc.. etc..

It just seems to me that it could be a real can of worms tracking down who was actually culpable especially as they only fined 5 people (I assume this means those are the only personal details the Police obtained)

Personally I think its a good opportunity to throw the Mother in Law under the bus.

On 21/01/2021 at 11:12, ChrisJ said:

Got a funeral going on at the catholic church across the road - hundred or so people. Police standing around directing traffic.

y4masJjMqF8kf1omK8yeUYTRV10RUeeyOh9MWMgi

Is it this one on the bbc -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-55772495

10k fine for the funeral directors

• Gold FFM

@Buddsy I am going to call you out on this. Have you watched the news or known anyone personally that has died of this? 

I guess not, I have and I can tell you it isn’t pleasant in fact it is tragic. So are you going to have the vaccine? 

• Like 2

Yes, that's the one @exeterjeep

I was just reading the same on the local paper - thanks for posting that, I don't read the BBC website much anymore.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

Sorry no I dont watch the news

Sorry no I only know a few people who I work with who had it over Xmas. Oh and Kimbers

Taking the vaccine..Now I know youre taking the mick! :rofl:

buddsy

So you haven’t lost anyone to this and you won’t take the vaccine, correct? Laughing emojis do not cut it by the way 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Guess Im lucky I live in a part of the world where its not prevalent.

buddsy

You should be careful. The new strain is 30% more fatal as per official statistics.

or to assist in contextualising @Buddsy as I know you are a pedant over this - it’s raised from 1.0% fatalities to 1.3% fatalities across all age demographic based on 1000 people.

actually using official statistics it’s 100% fatal to all those whom died of covid ***

*** based on those tested positive with the last 28 days

Edited by Barrykearley

Only here once

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

it’s raised from 1.0% fatalities to 1.3% fatalities across all age demographic based on 1000 people.

it's so small as to be nearly statistically irrelevant .. though Vallance did say the data wasn't clear. So, why bring it up now if not to frighten folks?

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

And folks wonder why others are dubious.

spanish flu - burned for 2 years and killed millions globally. Is this looking any different?

was it the vaccine and the big governments that saved us?

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

@Buddsy, let me guess, you won't take the vaccine because Bill Gates is going to put a chip in you? Remote control you with 'em 5G waves? Sounds ridiculous yes? I don't like to disrespect you or take a cheap shot but you need to look at the world rather than the 2 metres around you. People are dying. The stories I read on other forums are horrific. My cousin and her husband are in a bad way. It might not be in your neck of the woods yet but it will be soon if not controlled.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Signature not working...

8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Guess Im lucky I live in a part of the world where its not prevalent.

buddsy

Err not so sure about that. my son's girlfriend is a junior doctor at the hospital in Norwich and is far from having  a fun time with covid.    Her comment to him yesterday was that was she was getting sick and tired of signing death certs!! First time round was all oaps , she now has people 20s and up with it to care for.

@Buddsy, I know you say you don't read/ watch the news but just have a look at the local paper. You'll find that Norfolk was one of the areas that was recently one of the fastest growing problems, and Norfolk still has/had some of the few areas where the infection rate was growing despite the country and all big geographical areas seeing declines. It may be that we avoided it before and so there's no immunity to slow spread now, or just that we are being too complacent here in Norfolk.

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Lex Templar said:

All I can say is accept the lock downs, we have been strict here in Australia

Not the case in the uk. It’s very lax at best. Countless reasons to be out the house and spreading it. I’ve been away working this week onsite - absolutely no noticeable difference in traffic on the roads other than no school run. Coming home last night there was a 1/2 mile queue at one of the roundabouts - for the drive through McDonald’s!

And before I get moaners - I cannot work from home - it’s rather difficult to wire a commercial chicken shed for free range eggs from home. This one is contracted to supply Waitrose - so part of the food supply chain. 

Edited by Barrykearley
  • Sad 1

Only here once

Update on the two covidiot male neighbours opposite.

After the last discussion, all of the visitors magically disappeared for a couple of days until the letting agent went round to see them on the Wednesday as warned. She was there for 12 minutes, wearing her face mask.

Two days later the visitors had all returned for last weekend’s entertainment.

Last night I got a message from a neighbour in another house telling me that one of the tenants was seen ferrying a group of visitors with their overnight luggage in his own car from their cars parked 200 yards away, straight to the house under cover of darkness. Presumably in the hope that we didn’t notice them arriving in his car. You couldn’t make it up!

It is estimated that there is currently 6 or 7 people staying overnight in that house where 2 people live.

• Sad 1

For all those piss takers and naysayers:

Last night a friend of Carina's died of Covid19 - he was rushed to hospital about a week ago and placed in an induced coma. He was fit (lifted weights etc..) and in a Heavy Metal band and followed the rules/guidelines religiously. He had no underlying conditions when admitted with Covid.

If you don't agree with the virus fine - but do not mix in a society where you may kill others by your stupidity.

As a note another friend has a mother who does not believe in the virus and has refused to have the vaccine -  the GP's has struck her off their books and now has to sign forms to access further hospital services.

• Love 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

absolutely no noticeable difference in traffic on the roads

I was working in SW London on Monday. On the drive home at 5pm, there was a point where there was zero traffic visible on the M25 around me, something that I've only experienced before in the middle of the night on rare occasions. No, the road wasn't closed and I hadn't noticed the signs :lol:

• Haha 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

1 hour ago, march said:

For all those piss takers and naysayers:

Last night a friend of Carina's died of Covid19 - he was rushed to hospital about a week ago and placed in an induced coma. He was fit (lifted weights etc..) and in a Heavy Metal band and followed the rules/guidelines religiously. He had no underlying conditions when admitted with Covid.

If you don't agree with the virus fine - but do not mix in a society where you may kill others by your stupidity.

As a note another friend has a mother who does not believe in the virus and has refused to have the vaccine -  the GP's has struck her off their books and now has to sign forms to access further hospital services.

Now, if you had not known them to be visitors of the tenants, then you might reasonably have suspected the unfamiliar people to be there illegally (other than COVID rules, say trespass, squatting, breaking & entering etc) and you could have done the neighbourly thing and called the police in an effort to protect the possessions of the tenants.

36 minutes ago, andydclements said:

Now, if you had not known them to be visitors of the tenants, then you might reasonably have suspected the unfamiliar people to be there illegally (other than COVID rules, say trespass, squatting, breaking & entering etc) and you could have done the neighbourly thing and called the police in an effort to protect the possessions of the tenants.

?

• Like 1