Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 103 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

They have taken the Golden One to Walter Reed Medical Center, the Army's premier hospital.  

It depends who you are what you make of this.  If like me you find the irony overwhelming, you're in a better position to capitalize on any humor potential.  If you're a die hard, it's somebody else's fault, probably antifa or Obama's.  There are very few undecided people left here by most accounts.  It's not that they're unimportant  to a victory either way, quite to the contrary.   But most of them are single issue voters.  Abortion, what we call Row v. Wade, is the big one and that's almost a  fait accompli for the anti-choice people with the death of Ruth Bader Ginsburg.    They may hate the person Trump is, but abortion is the main thing and ultimately, the only thing that keeps them from doing Biden.  Who also ironically, is Catholic and was anti-choice for much of his political career.  That's one possible dynamic.  I live in the Southland, Bible country and I think I can see where  that thinking comes from.  Otherwise, it's pretty hard to be undecided at this point. On the other hand,  don't underestimate our ability to turn out morons!   Well, that's one perspective.  

Most people know how this will be played if it's a "mild case." But more damning at the moment is that half his administration has it, Hope Hicks seems to be the person they think "gave" it to him.  But Melatonin has it too, and many of the rest of the winners that hang with our President.  .  There will be more scandals and revelations that will roll off his back and ultimately we'll have an election.  And not just any old election. But later and elsewhere for that!  

Anyway, he's in hospital and Hope Hicks reportedly has a bad case.  

"We'll See What Happens!"  

And that's the news from here, Nashville signing off.  

'17 Evora 400 MT 

• Gold FFM

Let’s just keep our eyes on Mr Biden shall we - won’t be long until he test positive either. Remember they shared a stage only recently. 

either way - I’d bet Trump gets another term

Only here once

I don’t follow US politics at all but from what I’ve seen on the news, Joe Biden looks like someone’s elderly grandfather and not someone I’d want to elect into office. I certainly wouldn’t vote for Trump either so it’s a shame they couldn’t find someone a bit more dynamic to stand against him...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

10 hours ago, eclat22 said:

https://www.dunstabletoday.co.uk/news/people/funeral-over-400-people-brings-dunstable-standstill-2991305

And this today in my home town, obviously certain people don't get the virus

That’s just one more demonstration of the traveller communities total disregard for law or the ordinary law abiding folk of this country. They are only concerned about themselves. 

• Gold FFM

Sadly @Spinney the news are all too fast to report on that section of society rather than other ethnic population areas where they are doing just the same.

Only here once

3 hours ago, SFO said:

data extracted from https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/healthcare

Patients in hospital UK 
1 Aug: 1214
1 Sep: 829
1 Oct: 2428

numbers on ventilators UK 
1 Aug: 91
1 Sep: 82
1 Oct: 341

nothing like as terrible as numbers of cases

Yes but this is with safeguards such as social distancing, masks, lockdowns etc in place, without this the figures would be considerably higher, that is the issue, its a very contagious virus.

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Not half as contagious as the sheer panic of our political leaders and media.

you really do have to wonder just what would have happened had this been 100years earlier 

• Like 2

Only here once

4 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

you really do have to wonder just what would have happened had this been 100years earlier 

Our political leaders would have sat down, had a nice of pot of tea. A chuff on the old cigar, then retired to the drawing room for a few ports and the odd whiskey!  Then the next day they would address the serious issues and life would go on...

Was watching the news having breakfast the other day. Full of snowflakes and limp wristed lefties and whinging and moaning young people - just looked at the wife and said "better not be another world war, no fight in this lot, we'd all be fooked by lunchtime!"

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Reality is that 100 years ago there would have been a lot less of a problem.  There was far less travel so, the spread from country to country and continent to continent would have been much slower, save for anything such as mass movement due to war (as happened with the "Spanish flu". a lot f deaths are due to underlying health conditions, ones that probably would have proved fatal much earlier in the lives of those people. Also lots of deaths are in the homes for the elderly which were not an industry back then. Oh, and we had c 1/8th of the population, so we had less centres of population/ centres were smaller / less densely populated, so less chance for transmission.

So, there would have been less of a problem, and with only things like news reels, newspapers (and radio if we said <98 years ago rather than 100 years ago) there would not have been the social media panic.

• Like 2

Facebook and twitter and the rest of the social media shite have a huge amount to answer for. God I truly hate social media, in fact, it's an oxymoron as I find it one of the THE most anti-social things.

• Love 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Now they say they could close Pubs and Restaurants again. Now I am not a huge pub goer but I do like to go our once a week for some nice food. I don't agree with this policy TBH. The Restaurants are pretty damned hot on social distancing and cleanliness.

The pubs, the issue is people start off doing everything right and by the 5th pint that all goes out the window! However they are clean ad doing their best to adhere to social distancing etc.

The worst by far are those who don't seem to think this all applies to them. 

I saw someone last week who thought he had it. So he saw the doctor and he told him to isolate and get a test. When he told his Partner she got in a right strop about her plans for the week and went straight out shopping. She had no intention of isolating, she "Had things to do".

I spoke to another Lady I know who said it wouldn't stop her looking after her Grandson twice a week so his mom could go to work, even though she had symptoms.

Recent article showed that 40% wouldn't isolate when coming back from a holiday destination that required it.

Overall I think there is an issue here. Now the Health Advisors are saying even if there is a immunisation it will still mean lock downs and social distancing. At some point people need to live the economy needs to recover and maybe the best way is build a certain amount of resistance to the Virus up in the community?

Don't get me wrong I'll do as I'm told, but like many I am getting sick to death of this now!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

I think we are facing restrictions that would be excessive, if all people acted responsibly.

It's those few who act irresponsible that mean that others need to go over the top with measures in order to even things out. For example, if everybody that had symptoms were to isolate as required, the rate the infections spreads would be much less and so the people with no symptoms could carry on eating out and doing other things that keep the economy going but the overall rate of infection wouldn't be disastrous. 

If MPs aren’t going to accept that the rules apply to them what chance the rest of the country 😠 She should have been fired by now!

Also doesn’t help when I heard a certain Mayor in a northern town on the radio this evening bleating on about the Tories attacking the North with extra measures whilst defending the South. What a totally irresponsible comment.

• Gold FFM

Alice our youngest was sent home from school and told to isolate. There was a case in her bubble - but it meant we could carry on as normal and she isn’t required to be tested.
Daisy was routinely tested a couple of days ago - she was due to have some clinical placements as part of her training at uni. Positive. That’s us all on a 14 day sabbatical now.

• Sad 1

Only here once

13 hours ago, PaulCP said:

If MPs aren’t going to accept that the rules apply to them what chance the rest of the country 😠 She should have been fired by now!

Also doesn’t help when I heard a certain Mayor in a northern town on the radio this evening bleating on about the Tories attacking the North with extra measures whilst defending the South. What a totally irresponsible comment.

I agree with you, the thing is you cant fire an MP or a Councilor, the only thing that allows that is fraud. All the party can do is throw them out, but the arrogant ones just stay in place taking the money.

Andy Burnham?, the man who started privatising the NHS, but he don't like to remind people of that...

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

For some reason I thought it was up to the local party members to “deselect” the person when they are guilty of a major transgression  of the law. No doubt there would then need to be a by-election and I guess it’s open to question whether she was guilty of a major breach of law. 
what is abundantly clear though is that she lacks any form of human morals.

@red vteci don’t know if it was Andy Burnham, I didn’t catch who it was or which city he was mayor of.

What is clear though is that we have MPs, Mayors (why do they think they are important, they are usually misguided soles with loads of mates and a big ego) and, in particular, members of the opposition party who seem intent on playing politics with people’s life’s just because they with want to be consulted with (read big ego’s) 

Thats why Scotland & Wales can implement measures almost immediately whilst in England the message that is sent out is “have a bloody good party next weekend before a decision is made”

Sorry, rant over🙄

• Like 1

Things are getting serious again now. Latest NHS England data shows 525 CV-19 hospital admissions on Tuesday 6 October. That’s similar to mid March when things really kicked off. In fact admissions doubled from 241 on 27 September to 478 on 4 October, so that’s within 1 week. The BBC are incorrectly reporting this doubling period on their News website as 2 weeks, so the rate of increase in hospitalisations is much worse than they are telling us. Batten down the hatches.

Just now, Neal H said:

Do I need to buy six months supply of toilet roll?

Amateurs built the Ark