Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 118 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

More testing will lead to more cases. What’s important is the number of those cases which are serious. 

Also worth noting that every single year for decades the nhs has been bursting at the seams under the winter pressure. 

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Seek the facts @SFO and you may find the truth....

7C64B3E2-B7B6-4D63-AEC1-3BB3C396D3B2.thumb.jpeg.20ba21046011450dbb1adca3928f8f8e.jpeg

so if you are indeed in hospital for any reason - and you are tested positive - you will indeed be part of the BBC scaremonger scheme

This is what I was saying - you have to have been tested positive for CV19 - and thus if you die in hospital without a positive CV19 test, it isn't a CV19 death. So not ALL hospital deaths are counted as CV19 deaths.

it is not BBC data, but HM Government data - BBC merely reports the data

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1

Don’t forget that there should probably be record low numbers of hospital admissions for the usual winter flu and similar illnesses due to all the social distancing, face coverings and other protective measures put in place to combat Covid. So if the NHS struggles to cope this winter, it will surely have more to do with Covid than winter flu.

• Like 1

F**k me, Tier 3 lasted all of one day. We are in Tier 4 from tomorrow. What a bunch of muppets (the government)

So there we have it, the Government has cancelled Christmas finally, despite insisting for days that the temporary relaxation would not be removed.

From what I can see, tier 4 folks are basically under house arrest now. Referred to as a ‘stay at home order’...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

It’s much better over here in tier 1. We still aren’t allowed to do much though. 

on the plus side - I’m fairly sure the local drug dealers are still busy.

Just now, eeyoreish said:

So there we have it, the Government has cancelled Christmas finally, despite insisting for days that the temporary relaxation would not be removed.

From what I can see, tier 4 folks are basically under house arrest now. Referred to as a ‘stay at home order’...

Except they can go to work.... and no doubt school soon enough. Oh and essential shops and for a walk. Local dogging sites probably busy as well.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Only just 3 days ago Bojo said it would be inhuman to cancel Christmas and he's just gone and cancelled it for millions of Britons. Well that proves one thing then. It's a tough call to make and to be brave enough to make it but their approach is wrong from the start. A complete shambles of a situation to put it mildly. 

It'll be sadly ironic if these virus vaccines are ineffective to the new virus strain propagating in the southeast. All that time, money and hope would all be for nothing.

I expect another national lockdown from mid to late January lasting 6 months as it's the only thing that has had an impact to the number of people getting infected.

There is one silver lining. When the next pandemic occurs, we can look back at how this was handled and know how not to fuck it up again, if only we can learn from history instead of trying to delete it.

• Like 2

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

And the quickest way to spread the new strain to the rest of the country, just like how the virus spread in Italy. This attempt to isolate the virus has probably backfired in a spectacularly way. 

Signature not working...

Be nice if someone blamed the Chinese government for all this instead of ours. They don't have the same crystal ball some on here appear to have

• Like 2

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Wtf is wrong with people 🤬

I'm the first to think the reactions of the government have been appalling with regards to lockdowns and the misreporting of Covid. But seeing the news and the behaviour of some is disgusting. From the very first day I’ve been totally compliant with the rules and have frankly had a miserable year like most.

roll on the other side

• Like 1

Only here once

15 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

F**k me, Tier 3 lasted all of one day. We are in Tier 4 from tomorrow. What a bunch of muppets (the government)

I deal with lots of supposedly intelligent people through my work. I'm sure that a significant number of the people are incapable of tying their own shoe laces, they are certainly incapable of taking low impact action, decisions, accountability or responsibility. These are muppets and represent a significant proportion of the supposedly "brighter" citizens in the country.

Getting tired of the constant criticsm of Government. Do you really honestly think you would do a better job? Make better decisions? Be more accountable? Or given the ramifications of any decisions around COVID struggle? They're only human, not superheroes with enhanced DNA etc.

I save a lot of my frustrations for those making shit loads of money out of this. Like many GPs. We all know they have been doing less due to Covid but their income has not been hugely impacted by this lower workload. Now they are being paid £12.58 for each COVID vaccination they do so being paid extra to use spare capacity they have already been paid for. What a great scam! They should only be paid extra for EXTRA capacity they employ.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

What’s the point in having tough restrictions when adherence to the rules is merely a request to comply and no one is going to prevent people breaking the rules?

Police said yet again last night that they aren’t going to “police” the situation, the judicial system has overturned fines, saying they are unlawful and hence suggesting to people that they can ignore any fines, and that prize idiot Kuenssberg’s first question to the panel after the announcement, putting ideas in to people’s heads, was “what would you say to Londoners who are currently about to pack their bags and leave?”
She deserved the sack a long time ago but I guess the BBC will regard her latest comment as “being in the public interest” since it gave an idea to some.

The spread in East Suffolk after Easter was down to Londoners illegally visiting their holiday homes. In Nov it started again after Londoners did the same at half term (albeit not against any rules since the govt was slow to react). If they just stayed in their holiday homes it wouldn’t be too bad but they don’t, they are usually the ones you come across gathering in groups on the sea front whilst their kids just run amok everywhere bumping into people etc.

Selfish and irresponsible doesn’t begin to describe the “I’m only interested in ME and fcuk everyone else” element of our society.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Spot on @Neal H.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
13 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I don’t envy any government having to deal with something that is unprecedented in living memory.

The real issue though is the blatant sensationalisation of the situation. Had this been before massive media hype I’d suspect not many would have noticed Covid.

Only here once

Starmer’s comments yesterday were unbelievable.

”I support the action being taken but millions are going to be heartbroken having their Xmas plans ripped up. I am particularly frustrated about this since I only raised the question (of not imposing stricter Xmas plans) on Weds and the PM was dismissive of this and insisted that people should have a good Xmas and then only 3 days later rips their plans apart”

Hmmm, so it was ok to rip the pans apart 3 days ago but not now. What a moron this guy is, I actually believe he is worse than Corbyn. At least you knew that Corbyn was always going to oppose anything With Starmer, as Boris said earlier in the week, “he just never has a view on anything”

Now I see our elitist MPs are moaning because they haven’t had the chance to vote on this. OK, let’s delay the decision by another week just to give them the opportunity to give the thumbs up🙄

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Whilst I agree this is a shit show and the government has a difficult task, the restrictions need to apply to everyone or be more granular to make any sense.

I live in a hamlet on the edge of the bucks/ox border and do all my shopping and going out in Oxfordshire so less than two minutes in the car I’m in Oxfordshire but now I can’t go there. My area has some of the lowest infection rates but I’m classed as bucks so now in tier 4. Is it really that hard to lockdown by postcode and highlight high infection zones to avoid? The data is all there.

Found a random article on the internet, sorry it’s the daily mail, apologies if it’s been posted before . It has lots of official government stats and the the one I found very interesting was the fact that most reported cases came from kids catching it at school and care homes.  Which just adds to my feeling of how arbitrary all this is as I don’t have any kids of school/university age nor have any relatives in care homes. The level of infection cases attributed to bars and restaurants is very low so why the focus on those sectors and delay in sending kids back to virtual classrooms. Similarly for retail outlets.  We seem to be killing our economy when the reality is it appears to be schools are the biggest breeding ground, and frankly that should be obvious to anyone who had kids. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9043583/NHS-data-suggests-hospitals-England-December.html

it’s ok if your potentially virus ridden university kids to come home for Christmas but not ok for my kids who work remotely from their flats and effectively isolating anyway.

I was scratching my head a little and can only think the government don’t trust their own statistics.

2 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

The real issue though is the blatant sensationalisation of the situation. Had this been before massive media hype I’d suspect not many would have noticed Covid.

Look on the bright side Barry. Once this and Brexit is all over the media can make redundant 95% of their staff and the TV news programs can be cut to 5mins once per day, since there’s F all other news around in the world

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

I drive past my local M&S food shop which I only go to occasionally in the early evening as it’s very quiet. 

it is never busy at 5.30 on Saturday and it was queued around the block to get in. 

Now is that due to people picking up their Christmas turkeys or media induced panic buying?

• Like 1