Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 12 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Sounds very sensible. Thanks for posting that.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Hi Bibs, yeah I know about the overall content. It was just a light hearted comment based on what I saw under the current activity thread :)

Apologies is this appeared to be more than intended. 

• Like 1

As I stated. The evidence is already staring us in the face in Italy and China. No need for guessing any more: let’s take action. We seem to be the only developed country doing nothing. Even the many sport cancellations were made by the organising bodies themselves, not the Government. Over 70s might be facing lockdown in a few weeks! WTF! Do it now and give them a fighting chance.

Boris wants manufacturers to suddenly start making respirators. How long is that going to take? He could have done this 2 months ago, but what do these guys know about making ventilators anyway? What equipment do they have to do this? Seems to be passing the buck. Also on a global scale, I don’t think closing borders is helping much anymore unless your country is virus free. We need the vast majority of people to self isolate at home for a month or more. By all means make exceptions for food, medicine etc. but doing nothing seems ridiculous to me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It certainly seems to have taken over from Brexit :lol:

Brexit, did someone mention Brexit?  Lagervirus got the borders shutdown and free movement stopped much faster than Farage, Johnson, Gove etc.  WTF? Next time we want something we need to just engineer the right virus!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 minute ago, KennyN said:

Greta doesn't seem to be getting much airtime these days either 😆

I'm hoping to get her face on the side of the Bloodhound car :P

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Brexit, did someone mention Brexit?  Lagervirus got the borders shutdown and free movement stopped much faster than Farage, Johnson, Gove etc.  WTF? Next time we want something we need to just engineer the right virus!

Its just not cricket is it? Who's batting? :lol:

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, KennyN said:

Greta doesn't seem to be getting much airtime these days either 😆

Greta probably had the virus engineered, given the recent drop in pollution levels.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

The incubation period needs to be taken into account.

• Like 2

The small print.

52 minutes ago, Advantage said:

There's panic buying and then there's panic buying. This sort of panic buying is not acceptable. Not happy about this. :(

95868243_Panicbuypeanutmarmite.JPG.089dbba44b4ab7306dc5f95671549ea2.JPG 

I'm really pissed off, 2 supermarkets today and neither had Galaxy milk chocolate in reasonable size bars (100g+), they had dark milk ones with stuff added but not the standard stuff. I can't handle Cadbury's  and I get really nasty without chocolate. This could be an emergency.

Tesco's were selling large Galaxy Easter eggs at half price. They were great...

The small print.

I think there's a balance to be had between:

1) 'Keeping Calm and Carrying On' as normal (as in don't panic buy); and

2) being aware of the risk's not only posed to you - but also by you (so if, for example you do have some of the symptoms - such as a cough, or you've juts come back from a highly infected area; you should think about self-isolation).

I'm sure part of the problem of what happened in Italy was people just thought they had 'normal' colds and carried on with their daily routines, meeting people etc and hence spreading the disease. An unfortunate example of that being this Italian Health worker https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/italian-paramedic-dies-coronavirus-after-21697463

So no, we shouldn't all run about like headless chickens proclaiming the end of the world is nigh - but neither should we stuck our heads in the ground and pretend that nothing is different. 

• Gold FFM

All British Citizens Entitled to claim £100 pound a day to stay at home to avoid spread of COVID-19 novel Coronavirus   starting from March 17, 2020. The Government grant pay is accessible to all no matter employment status. Read full article here on how to claim:

https://external-preview.redd.it/vxPXEGgL4v8mCGw06IFGsmJNtqWQg-z60xQQ79dHKPY.jpg?auto=webp&s=db7685262e9b352a4888e547f52a244e2ea2cb9f

• Haha 1

Only here once

11 hours ago, pete said:

And they are on lock down. So does that mean that doesn't work either

As already mentionned, you can't have a complete lockdown, not even close. We still need medicins and medical care, food and energy, and a lot of transport and planning to make it all work. A lot can't be done from home. So the lockdown is no more than an attempt to reduce contact. Not sure if that has enough merrit to warrant all the economical and psychological damage it's causing.

Filip

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.