Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 122 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

Yes very strange, especially when we have members on here reporting first hand experience of the awful consequences, both short and long term.

Maybe their response is purely financially driven? Pretty much everyone has lost out though. I have 5 figure investments gone to sh!t in two different companies thanks to CV-19 and haven’t received a penny from the Government since this started and I don’t expect to either.

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, scotty435 said:

What I’ve yet to hear from any Covid denier, is a cogent reason why the Govt and the NHS would want to lie and say the Covid situation is worse than it is. Can someone enlighten me? What’s your thoughts Barry?.

Dunno chap - I’m not professing to be an expert. I like the government need to follow the science - which means you can send kids to school to mix and do whatever they like - but us mere mortals can’t enjoy a pint. Follow more science and you will see that the death rates are indeed up on normal - so all the lockdowns have had little or no effect. Consider the wider science and longer term impacts - we’ve had huge amounts of cancer screening cancelled. People with heart conditions not seeking help, stroke patients struggling to access care, nhs consultants in A&E simply at their wits end not being able to get treatment for patients on trolleys.

you really need to question some of the utter bollocks. I cannot have a pint - but if I want to roll out a prayer mat and face a certain direction I can indeed crack on.

add onto that my eldest who’s had covid, tested positive and is having some long covid effects although she is fit and well. Screening and blood tests regularly and she’s got antibodies. Due back at med school shortly once she has had 3 clear tests. She utterly failed to pass on this to any of us at home......

Only here once

• Gold FFM
25 minutes ago, Dan E said:

It isn't hard is it, follow the government advice and get the vaccine as soon as you can

And that I absolutely agree on. Been following the guidance for nearly a year now - and all of it has been largely pointless sadly

Only here once

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

So you are saying those who die wont need to be notifiable cases?

But surely with the numbers being reported of people we are told have Covid-19 as 99% of them wont die shouldnt there be many more than 50 people recorded in week 51 across the UK?

buddsy

I think that for the vast majority of deaths (in scope of the COVID-19 reported figures) they are not notifiable cases via the normal route.

The second bit, I just don't get what the question is. I just looked at the data for deaths where the person tested positive within the preceding 28 days, and apparently there were 981 such deaths. https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/deaths.  It's not 50 days related to COVID-19, it may not be 981 deaths related to COVID-19, it's probably somewhere between. If the mortality rate was 1% (and that was an estimate very early on, I'm sure things have become more accurate and treatment improved), 50k people contracting it per day, 1% = 500. So is it really that unbelieveable?

7 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

..... Follow more science and you will see that the death rates are indeed up on normal - so all the lockdowns have had little or no effect. ,,,,

@Barrykearley you cannot draw that conclusion from the result. It would be like comparing road deaths pre-national speed limit and road deaths now and saying the national speed limit has made things more dangerous. You'd need to compare some realist projection of deaths had the change not taken place, but taking into account other factors.

So had there not been the restrictions (lockdowns, tiers etc)  what would the extent be of deaths? We don't know.

I'm not defending the restrictions and saying they have worked, just that the foundation of the reasoning you stated in this case isn't logical.

• Gold FFM

1A613DAF-E43C-4A6A-BF4C-0AE25C40796B.thumb.jpeg.1f1764613381eb12c135611d5d5854c5.jpeg
oh look - folks die on average at 81. 
ive maybe got 37 years left....... unless I dies of covid - which for the record originated in China but no-one is mentioning that anymore 

Just now, andydclements said:

I'm not defending the restrictions and saying they have worked, just that the foundation of the reasoning you stated in this case isn't logical.

I’m learning from Sir Starmer - you don’t need logic in an argument. And also the scientists whom are being led by the science - lets send the kids back to school it’s fine. Oh look it’s spiked massively since September - but let’s ignore that inconvenience 

Only here once

Sir Starmer probably wouldn't recognise a logical argument if it got up and slapped hi round the face while he's at his place of work, not that there's much chance of there being a logical argument put forward in the house of commons.

@Barrykearley please don't sink to his level, if you then carried on in that downward spiral you'd eventually meet the criteria for being a politician.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

1A613DAF-E43C-4A6A-BF4C-0AE25C40796B.thumb.jpeg.1f1764613381eb12c135611d5d5854c5.jpeg
oh look - folks die on average at 81. 
ive maybe got 37 years left....... unless I dies of covid - which for the record originated in China but no-one is mentioning that anymore 

I’m learning from Sir Starmer - you don’t need logic in an argument. And also the scientists whom are being led by the science - lets send the kids back to school it’s fine. Oh look it’s spiked massively since September - but let’s ignore that inconvenience 

Kids aren't going back to school

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Not this time chap - I was referring to September. 

This time however it’s only non exam year seniors whom are being delayed by a couple of weeks - primary schools are obviously completely safe.

Only here once

2 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

lets send the kids back to school it’s fine. Oh look it’s spiked massively since September - but let’s ignore that inconvenience 

The restrictions were working well until the UK mutant variant came along. My kids were in school every day last term. New cases here remained low. Schools have now been closed for 12 days, but cases are up massively, so even without kids spreading the virus, we’re still in the sh!t. The new strain is 50 - 70% more infectious, so the restrictions which used to yield an R rate of say 0.9 are now only good enough for 1.4 - 1.6. There’s your problem until the vaccines take over.

• Like 1

Time to get the army medics and anyone trained to give an injection rolling out the Oxford vaccine. Drive through vaccinations anyone..?

My flu jab took less than 2 minutes from walking into the surgery to walking out. At that rate we should be able to get millions vaccinated in short order if the government don’t cock it up.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Medical students are also being trained to administer vaccines on behalf of the NHS. Daisy has had her interviews and screenings - training as soon as she’s back in a few days. They really are stepping this programme up.

• Like 2

Only here once

Administering the COVID-19 jab is a bit longer than flu jab, the jab itself takes no longer but it's c30 mins from entry to exit the facility. The recipient has to have screening prior to the jab then have a 15min or so waiting period to check for any adverse reaction (given the higher-than-normal level of allergic reactions they are getting). So a bit slower to get people through than for flu jab, but not as if it's 1:1 monitoring all the time.

10 hours ago, eeyoreish said:

Time to get the army medics and anyone trained to give an injection rolling out the Oxford vaccine. Drive through vaccinations anyone..?

My flu jab took less than 2 minutes from walking into the surgery to walking out. At that rate we should be able to get millions vaccinated in short order if the government don’t cock it up.

I asked the head nurse at my GPS about this when I went for my monthly blood test yesterday.

She said the biggest problem with following the flu jab procedures is the insistence currently that everyone who has the Covid jab had to wait & remain seated for 15mins afterwards (I guess, but don’t know exactly, to ensure no immediate adverse reaction). This places a large limitation on the number that they can do every day.

Since many GP surgeries also have limited facilities this is why it can’t currently be rolled out across all GPs.

edit: sorry, posted at the same time as Andy🙄

Finally got my flu jab, by chance.

I'd tried for ages to book one at a chemist (I'm not eligible for NHS one, so stocks were virtually non-existent), went to pick up medication and was asked if I'd had the jab. Said No, but explained I'm just below 50, pharmacist asked about caring for anybody elderly, and said I qualified. That was despite the person not meet certain criteria that I'd found on the NHS website. I guess they were just keen to use them jabs up rather than let them go to waste.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Is Norfolk only getting the 2017 jab, then?

Are they that far behind in Norfolk then, I thought we were behind and out of the way in the south west

• Like 1