Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 128 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

23 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

He finished off by informing that they know we have reported them to the landlord and that they are expecting a visit early next week.

Just going back to my Covidiot neighbours.

For the first time since Christmas, ALL of their visitors’ cars disappeared last night. It’s good to see that they have all apparently recovered from their mental health issues. I hope they don’t flair up again next weekend.

One of our other neighbours thinks their disappearance might have more to do with the previously announced imminent visit by the landlord, so that they can pull the wool over his eyes and pretend that they’re doing nothing wrong...

I think he may be right.

• Like 2

I think the more accurate indicator of CV19 deaths is excess deaths over the average of 5 previous years total. 

looking at those, the death toll in March 2020 is much worse than now .. granted we are still in the middle of the wave 

spacer.png

Edited by SFO
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

Any idea if any of the global economies are going to stand up in introduce sanctions on the PRC for this “escape” of a clearly man made genetically modified virus? 

• Like 1

Only here once

It may be the consensus, but it’s one reached without being allowed to properly investigate the outbreak. What are the Chinese hiding and why is the WHO being so complicit?

Is it a coincidence that the worlds leading Coronavirus research facility is based in Wuhan? Possibly. But there are no plans by the WHO to investigate this as a possible source of the outbreak.

1 hour ago, SFO said:

I think the more accurate indicator of CV19 deaths is excess deaths over the average of 5 previous years total. 

looking at those, the death toll in March 2020 is much worse than now .. granted we are still in the middle of the wave 

spacer.png

As it states bottom right: data to 4 December only. Things have got an awful lot worse in the past 5 weeks. Look how fast the April fatalities shot up: from normal to peak deaths in 3 weeks. We’re probably in that phase now.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, andydclements said:

Why is is clearly genetically modified/ manmade? I thought the consensus was that it wasn't clearly manmade?

It’s the dna string pattern of CV19. To many experts it’s blindingly obvious. I’m not an expert - but my mind isn’t closed either. Let’s face it the Chinese are doing rather well buying up stuff at rock bottom prices currently 

Only here once

It is in my mind, highly suspicious....

That the WHO have not been allowed in to investigate the virus origins is very concerning, I'm sure many of you have read this article from last month?? https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-55364445

China is very tightly controlled country so this may simply be the government continuing to exercise its unblinkered controlling policies over its media, foreign media access and its general population.   But frankly, from where I'm sitting, it's really difficult to conclude anything but a cover up!! 

• Gold FFM

China's view of our (UK and "The West" in general) vaccination policy - albeit from The Sun (also available from Daily Mail)

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/13657195/chinese-media-slams-uk-elderly-first-approach-vaccine/

China "Welcomes" WHO ......

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/jan/06/china-stalls-who-mission-to-investigate-origins-of-coronavirus

I agree with the Chinese media. It is absolutely nuts to vaccinate the elderly first. Bonkers.

First, all front line health workers and care workers including those who work in care homes - that way, they will not transmit COVID to the their residents who don't go anywhere so should be safe UNTIL it is brought in to the care home from outside. Carers in "bubbles" for elderly who live at home should be vaccinated too.

Second, the police and fire service and all teachers (and caretakers, dinner ladies etc) - once vaccinated they can teach the little biohazards with no fear of catching the COVID from them

Third - everyone who has a job, except, Politicians. I said a job.

Fourth - the elderly

Fifth - anyone who is left

Sixth - Politicians

This approach will keep the elderly safe through limiting their exposure to anyone not vaccinated. Will allow people to get back to work to drive the economy whilst their kids are being taught at school. Then will allow everyone else to start to roam as needed with minimal risk to exposure at that point.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

31 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

that way, they will not transmit COVID to the their residents

There is absolutely no evidence to support that vaccinated people will transmit the virus less than anybody else. The only thing the vaccination is supposed to do is minimise the effects of the disease, and no research can support reduced transmission yet, and indeed that was never stated. It might be a good side effect, but no data. Indeed, the experts have explicitly said this.

So here’s a question. Today Boris announced that by Autumn everyone will have been ‘offered’ the vaccine. Good news.

But, what happens if a decent percentage of people decline the offer for some reason leaving plenty of the population still vulnerable to getting Covid? Will we be left wearing masks, social distancing and living under continuing restrictions because the government claims that there are still enough vulnerable folk out there to potentially overrun the NHS?

Or do we say to those people, sorry, you’re on your own if you declined the free, potentially lifesaving vaccination you were offered...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Neil, I personally think they should bring the passport option in. You don’t want a vaccine, fine but you aren’t coming to the pub or restaurant I am going to. 

I had this with one of my employees who is odd and him and his Dad read shit on the internet too much. I said no vaccine then best you go look for a new job. To be fair I haven’t heard back from him but I mean it. 

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Dan E said:

I said no vaccine then best you go look for a new job. To be fair I haven’t heard back from him but I mean it. 

I'd like a job please - I'll get a vaccine, get my papers in order ... what's the rate ?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

So here’s a question. Today Boris announced that by Autumn everyone will have been ‘offered’ the vaccine. Good news.

But, what happens if a decent percentage of people decline the offer for some reason leaving plenty of the population still vulnerable to getting Covid? Will we be left wearing masks, social distancing and living under continuing restrictions because the government claims that there are still enough vulnerable folk out there to potentially overrun the NHS?

Or do we say to those people, sorry, you’re on your own if you declined the free, potentially lifesaving vaccination you were offered...

We do that now with the likes of measles, the problem is that not everybody who does have the vaccine will be immune,  so some who do opt to protect themselves that way may still end up contracting it.

If they did some sort of ID for having had the immunisation, you know the fake ones will be in the hands of people before the real ones.

6 minutes ago, eeyoreish said:

Or do we say to those people, sorry, you’re on your own if you declined the free, potentially lifesaving vaccination you were offered

Maybe, but, there are reasons why you might not want to be part of the stage 3 trial(because that is what it is), especially if you are allergic to fish(one example)

This is worthy of a read.

https://sebastianrushworth.com/2021/01/10/are-the-covid-vaccines-safe-and-effective/

Here are last two paragraphs of this very complete summary:

Ok, let’s wrap up. So all three vaccines appear to be highly effective at preventing covid-19, although both the Pfizer vaccine and the Moderna vaccine are clearly more effective than the Astra-Zeneca vaccine. In terms of safety, I have significant concerns about the Astra-Zeneca vaccine, considering that there is a signal suggesting that it increases your risk of developing transverse myelitis by a hundredfold or more. Future research will have to show whether that is a real risk or not. I also have concerns about the Pfizer vaccine, since there was a 60% increase in severe adverse events among those taking the vaccine, an issue that Pfizer hasn’t bothered to address at all, and I am also concerned about the fact that Pfizer does not provide a detailed breakdown of adverse events, which makes it impossible to see if there is anything in there that we should be worried about. The Moderna vaccine does appear to be safe however, based on the data available up to now.

One final point. None of these studies tell us whether the vaccines are safe and effective for children. It would be unethical to start vaccinating children without first having made sure that it’s safe, especially considering that the risk to children from covid is infinitesimal. The same applies to pregnant and breastfeeding women, people with immune disorders, and people with severe allergies. If you belong to one of these groups, you should probably think extra long and hard before getting vaccinated, because these groups were not represented in the studies, and it is therefore not clear that the benefits outweigh the harms.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, thebartman said:

I'd like a job please - I'll get a vaccine, get my papers in order ... what's the rate ?

He is on 32 million a year with share options and use of the company villa in the South of France 

• Haha 1