Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 196 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

Well it looks like Boris is well and truly on the ropes and frankly he does need to do the decent thing and fall on his sword. Along with every other civil servant sloshing booze down their necks in that garden.

The MET must also be held to account as they were happy to hassle folks in public parks and issue tickets - yet at no10 - they simply looked the other way.

• Like 2

Only here once

The Labour front bench can only throw stones. Never seen a more pathetic bunch of people, I mean, they were that desperate they have even brought back Ed Miliband!

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

34 minutes ago, 100th_Idiot said:

That's a really tough ask to make the Labour front bench look more unelectable

Diane Julie Abbott? is  she still on the back benches?

Correct me if I’m wrong, but hasn’t news of these various parties of up to 100 people only come out because Dominic Cummins has a grievance with Boris? It’s amazing that none of these 100+ people came clean during the intervening 12 - 18 months.

Funny how the chief architect of the Vote Leave campaign was rewarded with a position as Boris’ right hand man and may well end up helping to bring about his downfall. Never dance with the devil.

• Like 1

Yep and it seems as though Cummings, in his distorted mind, has totally forgotten about his need to test his eyesight when talking about lame excuses for breaking rules 🤔🙄

That post Barnard Castle press conference by Cummings was just two days after Boris’ big garden party. There were probably champagne corks still lying around. Very hypocritical of Boris to force Cummings to face the music for what he’d done, having knowingly broken the rules so flagrantly himself just 48 hours earlier. You can see why Cummings is gunning for him now and will keep drip feeding the media with bait.

• Like 2

On 10/01/2022 at 09:55, C8RKH said:

Can I ask, because I cannot find the figures despite Google being my best friend, the number of deaths that have been recorded as being "by" Covid?  (i.e. COVID was the ACTUAL cause of death as opposed to be being a virus present in the system).  

Found some more info for you

Deaths from COVID-19 with no other underlying causes - Office for National Statistics (ons.gov.uk)

• Like 1

Thanks. Makes interesting reading. Wouldn't want to be over 65 and get COVID!

Please see below for death registrations for 2020 and 2021 (provisional) that were due to COVID-19 and were recorded without any pre-existing conditions, England and Wales.

2020: 9400 (0-64: 1549 / 65 and over: 7851)

2021 Q1: 6483 (0-64: 1560/ 65 and over: 4923)

2021 Q2: 346 (0-64: 153/ 65 and over: 193)

2021 Q3: 1142 (0-64: 512/ 65 and over: 630)

So to put into perspective, 2020 saw 9400 deaths with COVID recorded as the cause of death, against 607,922 deaths in total.  So that is what, 1.5% of total deaths were down to COVID as the cause recorded.

The graphs don't seem to justify the restrictions we have now, to me.

image.thumb.png.685dc0f98d905ed058f480a73fd89687.png

image.thumb.png.f96743f8b04b43b130441d0183a180a5.png

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

The graphs don't seem to justify the restrictions we have now, to me.

Nope - must be wrong - you must be reading it incorrectly and frankly just thinking what you might possibly be thinking, or indeed inferring, is greatly offensive to many whom enjoy sweets formally known as midget gems 👍

Only here once

• Gold FFM

If those numbers are indeed the truth @ChrisJ - and I suspect that they probably are - then that’s kinda what I expected to see.

I know loads of people who’ve had covid - and know of plenty whom have indeed succumbed to covid. However all have had serious underlying issues and would have died regardless of covid. Yep - utterly unscientific - yes some may find the mere suggestion of that offensive - so I will offer my unreserved apologies for that. It doesn’t appear to have been the mass extinction of the human race that many thought.

My point has always been about the gradual erosion of our freedoms, discrimination against those whom choose not to be vaccinated and the big frightening headline numbers that could well be to justify the response. Some may indeed quote WHO reporting methodology etc - and many in the media have speculated about the Chinese lying about death rates. Maybe they haven’t been fibbing that much after all?

Only here once

• Gold FFM

The land of the free has had an interesting legal judgement

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59989476

Im sure it won’t be long before cases are brought against uk companies whom have announced new policies targeting just the unvaccinated.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So unless I am mistaken, some here are saying that the restrictions are not justified according to the data? Yes?

However, and again I may be wrong, you have made the decision of ignoring the deaths of some older people in your numbers (because they are going to die anyway - charming by the way) and only looking at the deaths because of Covid 'on its own'.

The assumption that goes with this is that those older people were going to die at the same time as they did even if they DIDN'T catch Covid, because if Covid in any way has brought about an earlier death than they would have had, I would think that those numbers CANNOT be ignored.

I'm just a fitter and machinist though. Our numbers do not match the UK and we are under restrictions. Do I care? No. I do not have all the data to hand to be able to make any decisions as to what is right or wrong.

Oh, hang on. That must be the nanochips in the vaccination talking. And now I'm going to book in for a booster. I can't be saved. 🔥

PS. Free Novak! Stuff that! I'm going to fight the nanochips. Send him back to his own country! Oh bugger. Did I say that out aloud?

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

The whole Cummings thing ( and indeed Starmer and the rest of the State Bureaucrat class ) clashes remind me of those “ World of Sport “ wrestling matches on telly . “Giant Haystacks v Big Daddy “ .
That’s UK Establishment politics today . A fixed fight for the spectators benefit . The last guy who stood up and shouted “ it’s a fix !” got stomped on good and proper by the billionaires tax avoiding media , and his successor told lies to his electorate to get elected leader . Starmer’s advisor ( Mandelson) was literally pictured posing with a convicted paedophile billionaire. They all love parties on a big yacht ! So , as long as everyone leaves tax haven billionaires out of the arguments, everyone will be happy and bicker about who did what about the virus and whether such and such was needed on whatever date . 

1 hour ago, PaulCP said:

@LotusLeftLotusRightFood for thought, although I can’t stand the squirmy obnoxious guy, was this the culture inside Downing Street and the Civil Service that Cummings was trying to stamp out?

Looking at him and his behaviours I would say he was part of the culture, but I say that obviously with no personal knowledge of the guy, just observations of behaviours, so I could be very wrong. I can understand he is "pissed off" with how he was treated (largely because let's be honest he was a bit of dumbass with his own actions!) but his "career" is surely now totally finished and he will be going back to where he probably enjoys being, in the shadows, but not sure that anyone would trust him given that he has shown he is so willing to share everything!  Surely a Politico's livelihood and reputation is made by their ability to work behind the scenes and their discretion etc.

The small print.

5 hours ago, ramjet said:

So unless I am mistaken, some here are saying that the restrictions are not justified according to the data? Yes?

However, and again I may be wrong, you have made the decision of ignoring the deaths of some older people in your numbers (because they are going to die anyway - charming by the way) and only looking at the deaths because of Covid 'on its own'.

The assumption that goes with this is that those older people were going to die at the same time as they did even if they DIDN'T catch Covid, because if Covid in any way has brought about an earlier death than they would have had, I would think that those numbers CANNOT be ignored.

I'm just a fitter and machinist though. Our numbers do not match the UK and we are under restrictions. Do I care? No. I do not have all the data to hand to be able to make any decisions as to what is right or wrong.

Oh, hang on. That must be the nanochips in the vaccination talking. And now I'm going to book in for a booster. I can't be saved. 🔥

PS. Free Novak! Stuff that! I'm going to fight the nanochips. Send him back to his own country! Oh bugger. Did I say that out aloud?

Correct. What you have to remember (and some choose to ignore) is that underlying conditions are frequently present in many people. There 'co-morbidities' are things such as asthma, vascular disease, dementia ( a very significant risk factor) etc etc. These conditions are VERY COMMON, especially in older people so that chance of death without a co-morbidity is actually quite low. To suggest (as some have) that this means restrictions are excessive is ridiculous and demonstrates a lack of understanding. It is trying to push the 'agenda' that COVID alone isn't serious and all the government controls are over the top.

Incidentally England has amongst the lowest number of restrictions in place.