Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 198 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM

@ChrisJ yet again this chap utterly nails it. I’ve not heard anyone on any programming so comprehensively nail all of my thoughts. Sure does contextualise so many things - and is so very relevant to this thread if you look back up it.

Only here once

I largely agree with this BBC “ Coast “ placeman for once . Pleased to say that trusting the billionaires’ gimps that we currently have in power with a neutered opposition, has never been my bag , baby . That is the key ; protect the megarich at all costs . All else is secondary . 

• Gold FFM

Well Nojab has now been deported. 

The Aussies have never been particularly bothered what the outside world thinks about their immigration policies. It’s been a farce with no winners frankly.

let’s hope the UK don’t apply such persecution to its own citizens.

Only here once

I've been to Australia once for the Hockey World Cup in Perth in 2002. Was really looking forward to it, I enjoyed the world cup and enjoyed seeing a cousin for the first time in 20+ years, but have absolutely no interest in going there again as there seem to be so many petty rules.

One example, we had official transport (a minibus) from the hotels to the venue. While waiting at one hotel for some other people to join us, it was rather hot, and I opened my window, rested my arm on it, so my elbow was poking out the window. I was shouted at by the driver to get my arm in as it was against the law to have an arm out of the window. WTF I thought and asked what is the point of having a window that opens then?

Arms and hands out of car window illegal in Australia (yahoo.com)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• Gold FFM

Let’s just hope they don’t start bringing in compulsory vaccinations even if they are threatening to sack folks whom don’t comply. All those companies whom have introduced policies against those whom exercise their freedom of choice will hopefully find themselves in court.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
52 minutes ago, ChrisJ said:

but have absolutely no interest in going there again as there seem to be so many petty rules.

https://fb.watch/aA6Ri1QeyF/

just like some of the stupid rules in the uk. I’m very doubtful now they would even try to bring in any more restrictions.

Only here once

23 hours ago, basalte said:

A party with a 100 people in the Prime Minister’s back garden in central London ? Hmmmm…and as for “ Take Back Control “ Cummings , Johnson hired him in the first place . Perhaps an “error of judgement “? ( if that politician’s phrase were a car tyre it would be bald by now !) 

So what's your response to this then Dan given no.10 is a place of work? So he travelled during lockdown to a constituency office for an event that was "online". FFS, and this is just really ignored by the BBC? And people think the BBC is not biased. Hahahahaha

They went on to add that the Labour leader was an "absolute hypocrite" for his actions.

Sir Keir Starmer responds to lockdown drinking allegations

Labour has always denied any rules were broken, saying in a statement: "Keir was in the workplace, meeting a local MP in her constituency office and participating in an online Labour Party event.

"They paused for dinner as the meeting was during the evening."

What did Keir Starmer say about Boris Johnson?

Earlier in the week Starmer called for Boris Johnson's resignation after the Prime Minister admitted to attending a "bring your own booze" party in the No.10 garden in May 2020.

It had been seen as an admission that the Conservatives had not been following the lockdown rules they had created.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Simples; both Johnson and Starmer are liars and they are both holding an office party during lockdown. Just my personal experience but no work I have ever carried out in 30 years in an office has ever involved consuming alcohol with my colleagues (but maybe I`m just an old fuddy duddy -who knows what they learn to do at Eton ?) 

Got no idea why you think I`d defend either LibDemBlairBlur Starmer or the BBC news (who seem curiously uninterested in the fact that Blair and Mandelson appear in paedo billionaire`s Jeffery Epstein`s little black book along with the Andrew formerly known as Prince ), and whose fearless reporters took two years to track down the 14 events that Sue Gray is now investigating  .

( I`m sure Johnson will be exonerated BTW as he has the power to exonerate himself as PM and as craven self-aggrandisement is his reason for existence, he`ll use it). 

All I would maintain is that it`s what the BBC news don`t tell you, that is more important than what they do tell you. Probably where we really differ is that I wouldn`t trust any UK mainstream media outlet to give you an accurate picture of politics now. To take a further specific example , the BBC  covered the anti vaxx demos in Paris yesterday but not the demo outside Parliament in London protesting against the Police Bill.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Djokovic was deported not because he broke any rules, but because Australia's immigration minister thought that Djokovic's continued presence in Australia was a " threat to the public".

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

That's not actually correct, but I'm not going into it. I'll let you go and look it up. There are a LOT of Australians that are glad he has gone as was said above, it was nothing short of "I'm a celebrity. I can do what I want."

Three Federal Court judges on a Sunday for his appeal?

Murderers here even have to wait until Monday.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

• Gold FFM

Everyone can be an expert with hindsight.

I'm sure that the scientists etc that come up with these models or estimates would love to be able to give lesser numbers, but what would the public response and outcry look like if they predicted far lower numbers and it all went pear shaped?

Be the same thing. How come all these hotshot professors etc can't get this right?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

2 hours ago, SFO said:

Djokovic was deported not because he broke any rules, but because Australia's immigration minister thought that Djokovic's continued presence in Australia was a " threat to the public".

I believe it was for two reasons, the first being that he "broke the rules for the Visa" - or in other words it would appear he/his team tried to manipulate things and the second on "health and good order" reasons - basically the health part was that as an unvaccinated individual he posed a health threat to the public and the good order part that he failed to declare circumstances on his original visa application.

From what I can see, i think he has been held to account on this and whilst maybe the Australian Government could have handled it better I applaud them personally for sticking to their guns and not allowing a "privileged celebrity" to be given special treatment over an above what would have been given for any "normal" person. An approach I would expect, but not be too hopeful about seeing, our own UK government do.

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Ref Djokovic, I think his own country and Spain also need to look at why he was at events in their countries within 7 days of his supposed positive result when he should have been self isolating as per both countries rules.

As many have said, he quite obviously believes himself above the law as a super important sportsman. I look forward to seeing how he gets into the States for the US grand Slam event. But I suppose any documents can be faked if you have enough money! Lets face it, it looks like he faked his positive result so he could fraudulently prove he had exemption.

No matter what the officials and press say I think we all know there were so many anomolies with his story Australia had no choice but to kick him out! Bloody well done as well! Wish our Govt had the balls to do things like this!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM

I find it interesting as well that our News hasn't reported a peep since the decision from the Serbian president who was all up in arms prior.