Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 21 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
34 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

3 months of what though! Watching paint dry?

If your not paying for it what does it matter?

Better than paying to watch paint dry 🙄

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

20 minutes ago, Dan E said:

I think there is going to be some massive sales going on in the next week or so! Companies are going to reduce their margins to next to nothing to try to get some cash through the door! Richer Sounds are now offering delivery. As I am on lock down I am going to be looking. 

Auction today of 100 cars through motobility on average were making £2000 a car behind book trade value.

I have just been and put down 30 commission bids on gold and silver items in a local auction. Every bid is a minimum of £10 behind lowest estimate, some further behind. Am hoping to win some due to no one turning up!

• Sad 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I think Downing Street win this game of trumps mate. It may change in the future, but they've said that there are currently no plans to shut down London. 

The thing is, if they announce it too long before it is actually effective, people will flee London.
Same thing happened in Italy.
Our stupid government didn't learn the lesson from them and announced the French lock-down the day before at 20pm (lockdown the day after at 12AM), and so the Parisians fled Paris by train using crowded railway stations and trains ... x_x (although the gov spokewoman had told even a bit earlier in the afternoon that it was fake news, but she loves to lie anyway so it doesn't really count! ^^')

As for the lethal rate of people under their 50s, yes it seems it's much lower than the elders, but that doesn't mean they cannot be badly sick, that means they finally recover (possibly following 6 months respiratory physiotherapy & so on.
But in the meantime they will overflow the hospitals too and there is no artificial respiratory system for everyone, so better keep them for the elderly.

Edited by Giniw

• Gold FFM

@Vipers ? I drool at all that stuff all the time & his Westfield XI 

I should probably be worrying about wages and mortgage payments, but that is boring!

in all seriousness this is going to devastate businesses, we will be ok for a while but I not talking 6 months without some major reductions in overhead. I will find out the end of the Month as I can see the companies we work for are going to holding on to their cash, so invoices won’t be paid and then all the cash flow predictions will be out the window! Scary, scary times. 

The Govenment who I think are trying their best but have so much to deal with so quickly should somehow, force/help/cover SME’s outstanding invoices, I am not that clever but their has to be a way. Just thank you’re lucky stars Corbyn didn’t get in because this would look a whole lot worse! 

Some Late Payment of Commercial Debt invoices will soon get them popping cash in your direction mate, they have to pay their bills. There's some talk of hanging onto your VAT for a while and deferring corp tax bills too, I'd like to think that will be a good idea they'll follow through on. 

In other news - https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/mclaren-nissan-ventilators-nhs/

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Kimbers said:

Auction today of 100 cars through motobility on average were making £2000 a car behind book trade value.

I have just been and put down 30 commission bids on gold and silver items in a local auction. Every bid is a minimum of £10 behind lowest estimate, some further behind. Am hoping to win some due to no one turning up!

@Kimbers behind book trade!! Have you ever seen that before? We’re the bids accepted? I am guessing yes, everyone needs cash, we are currently doing a really small job there is literally nothing in it but we eat cash so we need some through the door and soon! It might be a case of shut up shop, take a mortgage holiday ( which I will be really fucked off if that affects my credit rating) sit at home and drink Gin if this goes on for more than say 3 months! 

Dan, renting cars at 50p a day from airport sites............maybe, just maybe it's effecting my trade as well.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, Bibs said:

Some Late Payment of Commercial Debt invoices will soon get them popping cash in your direction mate, they have to pay their bills. There's some talk of hanging onto your VAT for a while and deferring corp tax bills too, I'd like to think that will be a good idea they'll follow through on. 

In other news - https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/mclaren-nissan-ventilators-nhs/

Now that would help deferring VAT and Corp or even allow you to spread Corp over 12 Months from due date. Where did you read the late payment thing? That will work if they have cash if they don’t then Boris will need to step in and soon. 

1 minute ago, Kimbers said:

Dan, renting cars at 50p a day from airport sites............maybe, just maybe it's effecting my trade as well.

Is that really true, so cancel all car insurance, SORN  everything and hire a car! Jaysus that is unbelievable 

Our sites need cash flow. Just checked and cheapest is £3 a day..........still that may change

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Giniw said:

but that doesn't mean they cannot be badly sick, that means they finally recover (possibly following 6 months respiratory physiotherapy & so on.

But this is in direct contradiction to what the WHO are saying, and medical experts in China, Italy etc. They are saying that those under 50 will get the disease but in the vast majority of cases, where there are no long term or underlying existing medical issues, then people will not have severe symptoms.  I do think a lot of people are focusing on the smaller numbers of deaths and critical people, as opposed to focusing on the fact that the vast majority of people, who are healthy, under 60, will not be severely impacted. What is it about us humans that always focuses more on the negative, the fear, in the news than the positive?

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

20 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

They are saying that those under 50 will get the disease but in the vast majority of cases, where there are no long term or underlying existing medical issues, then people will not have severe symptoms.

Yes indeed, the question is what is the vast majority? 70% or even 80% is a vast majority but 30% to 20% of a severe condition is still huge. I have not found any data of the severe conditions repartitions, only the usual graphs of the death repartition by age class. Do you happen to have any data on this?

Edited by Giniw

I read 90%+ in the younger age group. So the vast majority.

worldometer website reported the following mortality rates for all positive tests in China up to and including February. OK it’s not the latest data but gives a good indication of what is happening.

80+ Years old 14.8% (one published paper put this at 21.9% for laboratory confirmed cases)

70-79 8.0%

60-69 3.6%

50-59 1.3%

40-49 0.4%

10-39 0.2%

0-9 no deaths 

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Dan E said:

Where did you read the late payment thing?

https://www.gov.uk/late-commercial-payments-interest-debt-recovery/charging-interest-commercial-debt

Been around for a long time. You can charge 8% interest over the base rate, makes it much more attractive to pay you than keep getting another one of these each month. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Oo LOL

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I read 90%+ in the younger age group. So the vast majority.

Thanks! :)
Vast indeed but 10%- of say 0-50 yo is still a lot of people, and that would need to be multiplied by the actual number of people in this age range compared to the elders (not too sure about the pyramid age shape in the UK for instance ^^).

As for the mortality rates yes I already had about the same data (although it's a bit unknown in France for instance as only the severe cases are now tested apparently so the asymptomatic people would tend to lower those rates)

I suspect it has already been posted here but there is this interesting page with a lot of explanations and data which is worth reading: https://medium.com/@tomaspueyo/coronavirus-act-today-or-people-will-die-f4d3d9cd99ca

Edited by Giniw

8 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

We really are a piece of fooking work, the human race. We should be called the Human Virus....

My boss was talking to a bloke in Germany a while back. Serious guy with a good job. In his opinion the earth wants the human species gone, for all the damage we cause. He was seriously advocating expanding the nuclear power industry so that we increase the chances of a major nuclear accident to help wipe us all out. Maybe Nature doesn’t want to wait that long?

Anyway it’s all good news for the polar bears and ice caps. Planes grounded, factories closed, cars parked...

• Like 1

referring to the unfortunate truck/house get together above.

yeah and the driver of that truck had his or her usual pint or two, before "getting on" with the job...

Let's hope the home office wasn't at first floor, on the corner.

Or if, so, at least one could call the boss and say "Sorry sir, I am a bit late today, I got carried away".

Cheers,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

3 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

My boss was talking to a bloke in Germany a while back. Serious guy with a good job. In his opinion the earth wants the human species gone, for all the damage we cause. He was seriously advocating expanding the nuclear power industry so that we increase the chances of a major nuclear accident to help wipe us all out. Maybe Nature doesn’t want to wait that long?

Anyway it’s all good news for the polar bears and ice caps. Planes grounded, factories closed, cars parked...

And for Greta

hindsight: the science that is never wrong