Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 33 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

4 minutes ago, PaulCP said:

^^^This^^^

I guess it all depends on whether you could live with your conscience if you inadvertently diverted NHS resources through your own actions

Well it doesn't seem to bother many Londoners in London and who leave London to spread the infection, nor the numbfooks who just ignore the advice. So what the hell. Go for a drive if you want, just stay safe and don't leave the car.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

And sometime we get reminded just what a bunch of scumbags the Human Race really is:

Elderly people have been found abandoned and dead in their beds by soldiers in Spain who were drafted in to help the country fight its coronavirus outbreak, the country's defence ministry has said.

The military had been called up to help disinfect care homes in Spain, which has one of the worst Covid-19 outbreaks in Europe and has reported more than 2,600 deaths from the disease.

Margarita Robles, the Spanish defence minister, said the government would not tolerate mistreatment of older people in retirement homes during the crisis and Spanish prosecutors said an investigation had been launched into the incident.

• Sad 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
16 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Well it doesn't seem to bother many Londoners in London and who leave London to spread the infection, nor the numbfooks who just ignore the advice. So what the hell. Go for a drive if you want, just stay safe and don't leave the car.

Many of them ain’t Londoners..... they are ummmm foreigners 

Only here once

11 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Many of them ain’t Londoners..... they are ummmm foreigners 

If they live in London they are Londoners to me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Colin P said:

Cock off Jock :P

For the self employed then the key question is 80% of what? The number of their tax return or their real earnings. All of a sudden the Tax return for 2019 will show a massive increase to a far more accurate number.

Ummm most self employeed folks use capital allowances and other such allowances in such a way that their taxable income is the tax threshold. So most of us might get 80% of 10k........

it rather depends - the paper proposal I saw stated average monthly income. That’s a very different thing to profit which is taxable.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So had a webinar with my accountants today and honestly I pay good money for them and they’re top of their game. So on this 80% thing  any PAYE employee needs to be “furlough” and this means you have to show that they cannot work during this period and I mean they cannot work for you. Nothing no emails, phone calls etc. No client contact nothing, so be careful,

The gov are doing a great job but the engine behind this is trying to catch up, I get that, but make sure you have the paperwork to back this up. The loan scheme is a bit of a no brainer, borrow up to 5mill (up to 45mill turnover) but 250k is available if you have a legitimate business interest free for 12 months over 6 years. Don’t use it then you give it back no fees and non secured. 

as I say think hard and fast but register you’re interested this week. Personally I am going to ride it out but I am going to forlough a few and top them up for 3 months. 

27 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Ummm most self employeed folks use capital allowances and other such allowances in such a way that their taxable income is the tax threshold. So most of us might get 80% of 10k........

it rather depends - the paper proposal I saw stated average monthly income. That’s a very different thing to profit which is taxable.

No you don’t Barrie because you can only claim if you don’t work and cannot work. A bit sketchy as it is back dated back to 1st March when nobody knew. 

3 hours ago, Hello Paul said:

On a more Lotus-y note, I visited this forum today wondering if anyone had any thoughts along the lines of:

• Lotus on the driveway/in the garage
  • Roads are pretty much empty
  • Petrol is apparently getting cheaper
  • Driving doesn't (usually) involve close contact with other people
  • The sun is out and the roads are dry

...anyone else see where I'm going (possibly literally!) here? Would it be selfish/unreasonable/silly to 'take the long route' if I need to buy something essential? The only problem that could arise would be if any of this resulted in hospitalisation as a result of a silly crash.

I went for a drive with the mrs. (I live with her) and a walk (exercise) yesterday, we kept our distance, there may have been a dozen other people in the 3 miles that we walked. We were following government advice and I was driving carefully. I can't see a problem with that. The scientists say that social distancing is the important thing. We didn't have any contact with anything except the car and the ground..

Today on the telly I saw the police stopping cars leaning in through the windows and apparently telling people not to drive. Surely that is wrong and bad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tim_marra said:

Greta says she thinks she may have it. Attention seeking again or genuine?

Probably genuine, but even if it's attention seeking, this girl needs all the attention she can muster to get her message across to everyone. In my opinion she can do no wrong and should be promoted to Queen of the World and put in charge of pretty much everything (she'd certainly do an infinitely better job of running the UK and the USA instead of our current idiots!).

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

I went for a drive with the mrs. (I live with her) and a walk (exercise) yesterday, we kept our distance, there may have been a dozen other people in the 3 miles that we walked. We were following government advice and I was driving carefully. I can't see a problem with that. The scientists say that social distancing is the important thing. We didn't have any contact with anything except the car and the ground..

Today on the telly I saw the police stopping cars leaning in through the windows and apparently telling people not to drive. Surely that is wrong and bad.

One has to eat and driving for grocery getting is clearly necessary (unless one pre-hoarded)

How did everyones first day of lockdown go?  Being retired, I wasn't affected much although I didn't take a walk to the lock-up where I keep the Lotus.  Maybe tomorrow.  I did see a police patrol car and a police motorbike officer in our area which is a rarity.  Did take one of the dogs to the vets and the roads were a bit quiet but not empty by any means.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

Are Lotus still making cars.  Most of the manufacturers have stopped while this crisis is on but I haven't heard news from Norfolk.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

36 minutes ago, mg4lotus said:

I've not checked back as there are a lot of posts but as I recall it's interesting how the posts on this thread have changed. It is a fluid situation and the facts have changed peoples opinions.

You are right opinions have changed and me for one I am happy that folks now realise what a grave situation we are now in, I did get criticised for being a alarmist by stating that things did not look good and being told it was no worse than the flu, that’s water under the bridge now and what we do is work to together ( not get together) to get though these terrible times, sadly things are going to get a lot worse before they get better.