Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 4 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

It's just nuts. The world has gone soft. 90% of countries have no cases. More people still dying every day from car crashes than lagervirus!  Bloody get a grip eh....

Oh arrived at Dundee for my train to Peterborough and these on sale in the coffee shop for £1.99. That's Dundee for ya, life just goes on....

IMG_20200309_152447387.jpg

How ironic it would be if Corona Virus is in the remaining 0.01% that Carex can’t kill?

Margate Exotics.

The problem with the shops running out of toilet rolls is that people are buying alternatives which shouldn't be flushed down the toilet resulting in blocked sewers and toilets unusable so then won't need toilet rolls

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

17 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

How ironic it would be if Corona Virus is in the remaining 0.01% that Carex can’t kill?

Ssshhhh! It probably is but let the stoopid people think they are safe! :)

I do realise that in taking the piss with all this joking I may well just die from the Lagervirus. Hey ho eh. Life's just a game of Russian Roulette anyway...

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

27 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

The Carex only makes the claim for bacteria not viruses, probably because the failure rate for viruses is a lot more than 0.01% so doesn't look as good on the packaging.

Its just not fair - all those posh people with bidets unaffected as usual....   I'd hazard a guess that ammunition sakes have also spiked....

Anyone panic buying buying toilet paper should be made to tow it behind them in public as a mark of shame.    Is there any rationale for running out of it, compared to any real life saving commodities, such as prescription medicines, food staples etc?

How long before a journo publishes a story that excessive hand washing in sanitiser is carcenogenic?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

excessive hand washing in sanitiser is carcenogenic?

oh my god! Is it? My god. Oh my god.  I'm gonna die from sanitiser cancer. WTF! I mean FFS! WITWCT!  Argh, I need to self isolate but now can't sanitise the room. Shit. Darn. It's not my fault. Who can I sue before I die?

I can just see it all on Facepoop now!     hahahahahaha........  Meanwhile in other news, more people die from road traffic accidents and abuse/stabbing from their beloved partners. The world really is nuts.....  I'm on a five hour train to Peterborough with free red wine. I really don't care any more!

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

more people have died on smart motorways but nothing has been done about them

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

So does that mean the motorways, or the drivers, or both, were not smart?  Maybe that needs another thread.

The small print.

I read that panic buying is a partly psychological especially buying of loo rolls. It's because they are large, non perishable and we all recognise them. It's a bit like a comfort blanket. But there is some sense in having enough food supplies for a few weeks anyway, I thought that was just common practice and is recommended.

I would argue that people who are saying it's just flu are wrong. My brother was due to go to USA to film the tennis this morning. It was pulled just as he got in the taxi to Heathrow. You don't close whole sections of countries for no reason. 

• Like 2

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I would bet that most people have around a week to ten days worth of food in their homes (cupboards, freezers, fridge etc) with a bit of rationing. 

Mortality rates are low, mostly elderley or long term sick. Same as Flu. Problem is these days someone gets a cold they call it Flu. Real Flu knocks you for six and kills hundreds of thousands every year. People forget that.

The small print.

Does anyone get the feeling that we;re being played by Wall Street   (exaggerate the problem so they can manipulate the markets???)

25000 tested in UK.

400 confirmed case - less than 2%

4 dead - 1% of the 2%.

So if you get it (a 98% chance you won't), you have a what, a 99,95% chance of surviving. As a result people are stripping the Supermarkets bare.

I'm sorry, but fook me, if the apocalypse really comes I want to die first....

I'm really not trying to trvialise it, just trying to bring some sanity to the insanity.

The small print.

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I would bet that most people have around a week to ten days worth of food in their homes (cupboards, freezers, fridge etc) with a bit of rationing. 

Mortality rates are low, mostly elderley or long term sick. Same as Flu. Problem is these days someone gets a cold they call it Flu. Real Flu knocks you for six and kills hundreds of thousands every year. People forget that.

Never before have I looking so longingly at the food in the field next door. I’d like to say the sheep are f@@ked if the worst were to happen - but now realise that maybe misconstrued by our welsh contingent 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

First death in Watford General Hospital, just a mile away.  I need more toilet roll.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Plenty of people crapping themselves in Watford right now.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

That'll severely cramp my sweet style.

19 hours ago, C8RKH said:

25000 tested in UK.

400 confirmed case - less than 2%

4 dead - 1% of the 2%.

So if you get it (a 98% chance you won't), you have a what, a 99,95% chance of surviving. As a result people are stripping the Supermarkets bare.

I'm sorry, but fook me, if the apocalypse really comes I want to die first....

I'm really not trying to trvialise it, just trying to bring some sanity to the insanity.

Your epidemiology is a little out. 400 cases out of 25000 doesn't mean 2% likelihood of getting it, because most of those 25000 have not been exposed to it yet and just had a cold that made them suspicious.

The likelihood of spread is very high as it is reasonably contagious and you would expect to see a bell curve of cases. The current strategy is to lengthen that curve, but reduce the peak, which will enable the NHS to cope. Otherwise the spread would be very rapid resulting in a lot of sick people in a short period of time.

Panic buying is pointless, and even more pointless at the moment as all those panic purchases will have been used up by the time most people will be self isolating !

@gregs24 I'm no medical expert, was just making a point that the panic buying and hysteria is all a tad premature in my very humble opinion. The press and social media are not helping at all.

Yes it will spread. Yes more people will get it. Yes more people will die. But right now, I bet more people have the cold/Flu and more people are dying, as they do every year, from Influenza, or heart disease, or Diabetes related illnesses or cancer than Lagervirus yet we don't just rush out and panic buy for these things do we?

I'm probably an idiot, as I just think gosh, it's bad, so sit down and have a cup of tea, then get back up again and get on with life.  Of course avoid unnecessary travel and contact, no need to tempt fate, but really, the level of hype right now is just making things worse, not better.

I'm currently self medicating with this in my Premier Inn hotel room! Will probably be self isolating too as Chesty LaRue's call girls are all refusing to travel 😆😆😆😆😆😆😆

IMG_20200310_183350082.jpg

• Like 1

The small print.

Where does the lime wedge go? 😲😲

The small print.