Coronavirus

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I cannot possibly share the video

That's ok Barry. Did it for you.

Clicky

• Haha 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

OK - So does anyone know what happens once you have (or believe to have) recovered from the virus - do we need to let anyone know as we are potentially at far lower risk of re-contracting it and therefore good candidates to help out?

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, march said:

OK - So does anyone know what happens once you have (or believe to have) recovered from the virus - do we need to let anyone know as we are potentially at far lower risk of re-contracting it and therefore good candidates to help out?

I'd start with your GP. They should be able to let you know what you can and can't do.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 29/03/2020 at 13:00, march said:

There's no test yet for antibodies so it's impossible to be sure you've had it.

Hopefully such a test will become available in the next few weeks.

The Chinese are moving around a bit and have reopened restaurants but do a lot of taking people's temperature, and I believe you have to have an app that logs your location and other  facts so any outbreak can be  isolated and treated.

New diseases emerge anywhere from time to time - the difference here isn't the Chinese it's cheap air travel delivering the infected all around the world.

Edited by Vulcan Grey
remove reference to hidden post
  • Like 1

• Gold FFM

It was either from their research facility or from the pangolin and fresh bat stall in the market - both of which are probably back to business as usual

Only here once

• Gold FFM
Just now, tom kilner said:

Don't hold your breath😬

Oh no, do hold your breath😶

Think about it we are flattening the curve by keeping them in, we need to let them out at some point, then what? I have never been very bright but someone needs to ask this question because herd immunity isn’t going to work for them! Happy to be told how this works btw 

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Barrykearley said:

Keep em locked up @Dan E.  That strategy will appeal to remain voters as it’s all their fault anyway 🎣

No joke if we don’t find a cure for say a year, then how is this going to work? We can’t keep them locked up I am going fecking mad after 2 weeks. Educate me on this! Am I right? I hope not 

I am now getting worried as my wife is running out of cupboards to sort out and we ain’t anywhere near 70

Just now, esprit22 said:

??

Time for the world to pull together and not taking cheap shots at the Chinese. Like Tom Kilner says new diseases happen anywhere from time to time and cheap air travel as sadly led to this one getting us to where we are today.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Anyone got the answer to this? 12 weeks then yeah I think most without the “ we have been through the war” mentality will comply but after that no chance. So what happens when we “release” them they will get it and many will die! 

anyone see the red dot thing in The Sunday Times today? That will make you think 

9 minutes ago, Dan E said:

Anyone got the answer to this? 12 weeks then yeah I think most without the “ we have been through the war” mentality will comply but after that no chance. So what happens when we “release” them they will get it and many will die! 

anyone see the red dot thing in The Sunday Times today? That will make you think 

Not necessarily!  Why the focus on the macabre?  I'm not expert but I'll wait til the experts tell us. There has been a good briefing by the Scottish Chief Medical Officer each day - calm, sensible, scientific advice. And for those that bemoan the Government he's been changing the advice as things has been developed. He was on after the shadow health guy this morning was on Andrew Marr and the politician was talking crap and the clinician made perfect sense.

I'm sure when it matters, the advice will be presented.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Not necessarily!  Why the focus on the macabre?  I'm not expert but I'll wait til the experts tell us. There has been a good briefing by the Scottish Chief Medical Officer each day - calm, sensible, scientific advice. And for those that bemoan the Government he's been changing the advice as things has been developed. He was on after the shadow health guy this morning was on Andrew Marr and the politician was talking crap and the clinician made perfect sense.

I'm sure when it matters, the advice will be presented.

To be fair Andy I am not mate, what I am saying is how does this work? As you know I think the gov are doing a great job what I don’t get is how it works. We keep all the over 70s in and the rest of us but at some point we need to let them out that’s the part I don’t understand. 

on the plus side I am going back in the share market tomorrow 

• Gold FFM

I’m confused about it as well. The only logical reasoning is you need to keep them locked away from society until there’s a vaccine. 

Im thinking we will be locked down longer than this initial 3 weeks - hope so anyway as I’m ticking off some great jobs outside at home that I’d normally simply not have the time for. My whole body aches today from grafting and burning

1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Utilities and retailers, avoid airlines and banks :thumbsup:

Go graphene 👍

versarien are one to watch

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Bibs said:

Utilities and retailers, avoid airlines and banks :thumbsup:

Shell is definitely up there and you have pretty much nailed it along with some of the builders 

Florists. Undertakers. Medical suppliers. Pharmas and pharmacy groups .

Might not be PC selections but they will all "benefit" if that is the right term to use.

I'm as confused as anyone re the over 70s, so let's see what the advice is. That's all I'm saying. No use trying to second guess.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

24 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

I'm as confused as anyone re the over 70s, so let's see what the advice is. That's all I'm saying. No use trying to second guess.

The idea is there will be a degree of immunity in the community (🙂) so that the disease no longer rages around. This means there's high quality care available,  and we would expect treatments to have come along well in a few months, and v monitoring and early detection reducing severity. The "elderly and vulnerable" might not be allowed to mix freely (or go cruising 😍) for quite a long time,  but the Chinese in Wuhan are allowed out now,  and they have old people there too.

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

...or from the pangolin and fresh bat stall in the market - both of which are probably back to business as usual

Hey i know that stallholder guy - its gary from crewkerne. Does a great pangolin in bat sauce. I'll get the recipe😀

• Haha 1

As Tom says, it seems to me that it is about management of the outbreak in a timely fashion that the NHS and other services can cope with. One would kind of hope that by May/June time any flu virus wouldn't stand as much chance. A lot of people have slagged off the 'herd immunity' approach as being callous and uncaring - at face value, for Boris to say that people would die was shocking but to be fair, 1. He was stating the FACTS - that's what a pandemic is and 2. People needed bloody shocking or they probably would have taken even less notice in the first days.

I guess we may see a tick up in cases when everyone is let out again but hopefully a combination of built up immunity in the general population and a seasonal effect will mean that any impact is minimal.

Stay safe all

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Ant, I think we can pretty much rule out season effect,  the pandemic isn't limited to only cooler climates. The herd immunity approach does have a big flaw that wasn't known at the time, there seems to be the potential for re-infection after recovery.  May/June, might be  a bit optimistic unless the idiot factor is dealt with and people stop  giving unnecessary opportunity for it spread.

• Like 1