Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 84 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

FFS - whinge whinge whinge criticise ciriticise criticise.

The biggest decision most of us have to make on hear is which underpants to put on and how to have your eggs for breakfast.

And I bet for half the members on here the misses decides for you.

Good job we don't have to listen to scientists, biased political advisers, thick, stupid and biased journalists and 66m people who all think they're special before making a decision that actually matters.

I agree. Fcuking muppets all those ministers and the PM why don't they just make the right decision for me, everytime, because it's really dead easy isn't it.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@C8RKH Hope that was not directed at me? Was just responding to the pretty pic! 

I have no political allegiance.... they are all muppets, to use your phrase. Already decided that whatever they do will not be for me and that I would never have a say in it.

M.

Not aimed at anyone in particular @MadMick just a general comment on how I perceive people are generally in the UK right now.

Every feels they are more special, more deserving than anyone else. I've got people who have been furloughed on full pay (yes, that's right a six figure salary for doing fcuk all who, now that they are being asked to consider coming back to work, want to negotiate their return as it will be tough for them to accommodate - I kid you not) whilst those of us who have been working keeping the revenue and the company going, and making sure they have a job to come back to, have been doing 12 hour days. Yup. They're special all right.

People have been screaming against sending their kids to school as it's unsafe. Teachers whining it's unsafe. Yet parents let their kids out in groups. Attend raves and parties. Flock to the beaches and behave like wild animals - and yes teachers were at those beaches, parties and protests. That's special.

I could go on. But at the end of the day it's just simpler and convenient to blame the "government". It makes no difference the party, the Government is damned if it does, damned if it doesn't and every decision is disected immediately by over paid buffoons of Journalists who live a well paid, pampered life.

Shit, I'm the whinger now!   🤣😂🤣😂

• Like 2

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

2 hours ago, C8RKH said:

FFS - whinge whinge whinge criticise ciriticise criticise.

The biggest decision most of us have to make on hear is which underpants to put on and how to have your eggs for breakfast.

And I bet for half the members on here the misses decides for you.

Good job we don't have to listen to scientists, biased political advisers, thick, stupid and biased journalists and 66m people who all think they're special before making a decision that actually matters.

I agree. Fcuking muppets all those ministers and the PM why don't they just make the right decision for me, everytime, because it's really dead easy isn't it.

Dearie me, it’s a bit early to be cracking open the Beaujolais, isn’t it? Anyway, there’s no decision to be made with underpants, just take the pair on the top of the pile. And the day my wife makes breakfast, never mind eggs, I’ll eat the aforementioned undergarments with a side order of socks.

As for the ‘experts’, they all want their 15 minutes of fame, and in 15 day’s time no-one will remember their names. But fear ye not, because there’ll be a fresh batch of know-all, know-nothing ‘experts’ we’ve never heard of along soon. 

Margate Exotics.

@C8RKH Hey Mr Whinger 😂  whichever pair of pants you chose you certainly got them in a twist! I know how it makes you feel and can certainly sympathize. If it's that bad then you better revert to the 2 bottles of wine in 1 go (was that you or someone else? cannot remember)... might help but I doubt it.

Not getting at you or anyone else, just feel the World is completely mad at the moment ... perhaps we need the 'Good Old Days'. Cheer up calm down and enjoy every moment that life offers (even if it is sometimes difficult to see the good side).... this moment will not come back again (unless you have a time machine).

M.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

just take the pair on the top of the pile

But then you only ever wear the same three pairs from the top of the pile!  Unless of course your wife is super organised and rotates the pile for you. Happily I've not met a bloke yet who would do that, but certainly have met a few women who would! 

I'm off the vino colapso at the moment actually. Giving my body of a month off whilst I eat healthy salads and stuff.  Last night was rib eye and salad with a nice sweet chilli dressing. Lunch today was a nice bit of poached salmon with a salad and I made a nice home made coriander dressing that went with it quite nicely!  All liberally washed down with water (I'm off the caffeine for a week too - could not last more than a week!). Thankfully veg not salad tonight!!!  lol.

I do have a craving though for a Wimpy half pounder with it's wholemeal bun, boiled onions and lashings of their "special sauce"!  Last time I had one was on the way back from the TLF xmas do when I got the bus to Strood for the train back to London.

Normal service and bodily assault and battery will be resumed shortly....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The small print.

She’s super-organised, but doesn’t do the stock rotation thing, so it’s the same three pairs from the top of the pile. They’re getting a bit tatty, a cull must be imminent.

All this abstention is not good, what with the state of the economy and all. We were all relying on the tax windfall from your wine purchases to help drag us out of this mess.

Edited by Bibs
  • Like 1

Margate Exotics.

You mean as lockdown is being lifted the number of cases are increasing?  Wow, that news will even surprise the people at the Sun and the Express.....! Bet no one expected that.

The small print.

Not so in Europe.

Many European countries have been easing lockdown long before the UK started, but there has been no serious upswing in the numbers of new cases (yet?). Of course the senseless idiots massing together in our country are doing their best to change all that.

Well actually, Asia has been climbing since they started to lift their lockdowns.

European countries lifting ahead of the UK are seeing spikes.

The virus is still there and just waiting to pounce.

The small print.

• Gold FFM

Well, Victoria, Australia is getting in the pooh. Someone tested positive and then went to a family gathering anyway and 13 out of the 16 are now positive. They have also contacted other people.

10 postcodes, those affected, have all been closed down from midnight tomorrow.

The Victorian government is now also stopping all planes into Victoria for the next two weeks. As of next week, Victoria will be closing our borders to every other state and they may remain closed for the next 6 months.

No doubt, the naysayers will all come out again saying it is all government control. Tell my daughter who is testing people for 8 hours a day and are still getting people that think it is all a big joke. One guy the other day stopped laughing after my daughter told him that since he has now blatantly broken the law (he went to a mate's barbecue when he knew full well that he should not have) and she had all his details and was now going to report him to the Health Dept., he went and complained loudly to the doctor that runs the clinic and got the same story from the doctor. He is quite likely now going to get a $1,650 fine. Expensive joke.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Scaremongering media reporting again 😠

Someone posted this on a Facebook site I use. Now everyone on this site has been shielding due to a particular medical condition. I have had to point people to look at the official figures before getting concerned about such misinformation.

When  you analyse some of the 36 areas mentioned it is evident that, according to the article, if a certain area has had 2 days of just one new case per day, then on day 3 two new cases are reported, then that area is having a surge in cases and facing lockdown because the number of cases has risen by 100%. Taking my own area, Suffolk, which is on the list there has been 12 new cases over the past 21 days but apparently this is bad because there has been days of zero and some days with 1 new case reported. Looking at the graphs containing the daily official figures confirms that the whole article, save for 3 or 4 areas, is a total load of bollocks.

Just shows what total shit our reporters and media really are and how they just live to be able to find bad news in everything. Also shows how people get taken in by a friend of a friend who then regurgitates the same shit on social media because “it’s in the paper so must be true” The person that posted this on the site I mentioned has since apologised for causing unnecessary alarm to a few people by not checking the facts contained in the article herself.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1302680/lockdown-map-local-lockdown-Coronavirus-cases-near-me-full-list

One bit of news you won’t see anywhere.

A certain North London Council has excused all BAME staff from going to work, they will remain on full pay along with all the usual benefits. Everyone else is expected to be there. Apparently this didn't sit well with one employee of Indian descent, and he is determined to carry on attending his work place. He also noted that although there were considerably less people there the work output hadn’t declined.

What strange times we live in.

• Like 1

My wife's in a book group with a bunch of other women, 90% of them are professional medics (GP's, etc).  So, the next book group is this Friday night and since the lockdown these have been done virtually. So in arranging this months the host, a seasoned medical practictioner of many years, announces let's have it at my house and you all come around here. We can sit in the garden and socially distance etc.

WTF!  We live in Scotland. Our lockdown is tighter than England's. And here is a medical professional saying all come round to my house when at the moment we are officially restricted to meeting no more than two households in a bubble!

Yeah yeah yeah, let's feel sorry for the medics who have to treat the idiots who don't comply with the rules - oh wait, what about the medics who don't comply?  Fcukwits are everywhere and some of them are even medically trained!!!

Thankfully, my wife and some of the other medical professionals have reminded everyone of the lockdown so zoom it will be. Meanwhile I'll go and end my alcohol ingestion ban with a couple of bottles of claret and a nice full Winston on the decking!   :)

The small print.