Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Coronavirus - Page 94 - General Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Coronavirus

Barrykearley

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

They discuss the crapola virus and how the American People are caught in an irrational web of fear.

Yet they still won't lock down. Hence why they have the highest infection rate and their deaths are off the chart! "Irrational" web of fear my arse!.

Take it from someone who has had it. Having a Temperature, not being able to taste or smell anything is uncomfortable. Coughing continuously and not being able to breathe is scary! I never went to hospital as I was "Mildly" Ill with Corona. But felt like I was on my way out!  Since then I have spent 3 months getting better but I still have issues related to it.

I don't care about the conspiracy theories. It's here now, its worldwide and anything and I mean ANYTHING you can do to reduce the chance of getting it even by 0.5% is worth doing.

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

Yeah, they must have a good marketing department! :animier:

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
On 28/07/2020 at 09:30, Chillidoggy said:

Is there anyone other than me that wants to punch this bloke?

There is precious little enough satire around anymore as it's all been sent to the incinerator*. Despite the fact Tom Walker is actually a bit left of center, his Jonathan Pie character is a welcome relief, raging against the conceited woke society in which we find ourselves: (*I use this term only in reference to his use of it in this video)

2 hours ago, RobinB5 said:

There is precious little enough satire around anymore as it's all been sent to the incinerator*. Despite the fact Tom Walker is actually a bit left of center, his Jonathan Pie character is a welcome relief, raging against the conceited woke society in which we find ourselves: (*I use this term only in reference to his use of it in this video)

I don’t have any issue with the content at all. I just find him irritating. 

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Some of his stuff I find stupid and left field - still makes me chuckle though. I actually think he manages to straddle the centre ground surprisingly well.

Only here once

UK - source: https://coronavstats.co.uk/uk/deaths

UK locked down 23/3

y4mIECFvPlgpbcj1QF3qVlXJYC2AossGCqDqUwtK

Sweden - source: https://experience.arcgis.com/experience/09f821667ce64bf7be6f9f87457ed9aa

No lockdown for Sweden

y4mPIpgoy3MHqAIWHA4CdjWoewoEJaRaLhtov6Q7

Makes me wonder if the lockdown had any effect whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

To me, the 'Deaths per 1M of Population' is the most important statistic when looking at performance. As far as I can see, Belgium is top of the pile, followed by the UK and Spain, Italy and Sweden, although these figures change by the day. So the 'bold' Swedish approach didn't work.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

On 27/07/2020 at 14:29, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

One other con with TUI: if you bought your travel insurance through them,

a) you have to contact their insurance partner directly (AXA).

b) AXA will only refund you 65% of the money paid.

c) AXA will only refund you that 65% AFTER TUI has refunded all of their own dues.

So presumably if TUI can stretch out delaying the holiday refund payment, then AXA can say it’s too late to cancel the policy.

Whilst on the subject of TUI, I saw the MD being interviewed on BBC Breakfast this morning. He was sunning himself at Lake Como, so I sent him a direct e-mail. Of course, it probably won’t even reach his inbox, but it was worth a try. The only message I have got from them so far arrived this afternoon and is effectively a repeat of their original 02.07.20 cancellation document, but now with today’s date! I wonder if they’re trying to defraud the system by unilaterally trying to change the start dates for their refund obligations? Frankly I haven’t got a clue because they don’t want to be contacted.

I think my recent action and another call to India may have paid off. The full refund is now in my bank account. Maybe just a coincidence, but relieved nonetheless.

Cyprus have now said it won't accept UK residents on holiday unless they have a valid negative Corona Virus test from no more than 3 days before they arrive. 

Jet 2 has since cancelled all flights to Cyrpus until mid August. 

Yet here we are saying we think Spain is a risk.....laughable really. We were worse than most countries put together!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website. https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/about-cancer/mens-cancer

There is another perspective @Kimbers.

If you are Spain, or Cyprus say, and you have generally lower rates of infection than the UK, why, would you want to open your country up to tourists from the UK, without pre-vetting and testing, to potentially travel and infect your citizens?

Of course, the honest answer is you would only want to do this if you valued the tourist pound more than the potential for increased infection rates and deaths amongst your own citizens.

So, the real question for me is, WTF is Spain doing letting us in? The decision is bordering on being immoral.

Thanks

• Like 1

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

So you have never been to Ayia Nappa then? Some Brits should not be allowed to travel. End of.

The small print.

There really has to be a mental and governmental skills set screening for Presidential candidates in the future. Trump believes too many reality TV situations (when it's to his advantage. ) He must have a stock position in hydroxychloroquine. which he continues to push after many in the Medical community have said it does nothing for Covid.19. This so called doctor is from planet 9 in her beliefs and we got Trump endorsing her?  

https://www.thedailybeast.com/stella-immanuel-trumps-new-covid-doctor-believes-in-alien-dna-demon-sperm-and-hydroxychloroquine

1 hour ago, comem47 said:

There really has to be a mental and governmental skills set screening for Presidential candidates in the future.

You’d need to consider the probability that none of the candidates would get past the screening.

Margate Exotics.

20 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Makes me wonder if the lockdown had any effect whatsoever.

Not by much possibly. Your previous link, here: https://jbhandleyblog.com/home/2020/7/27/lockdownlunacythree

made for interesting statistics, and others have similar lines of thought. And the spike in Australia is probably seasonal too, so it will get worse before it improves. Sweden may well have been right and imposed much less damage on their people, both psychologically and economically. And how many people in UK have missed on being helped with other more serious medical issues, and hence shorten their life spans? Seems to have made it much worse for the majority rather than screen the minority and keep everything as normal as possible. If we had the mentality of staying at home if we have cold/flu symptoms, instead of soldiering on regardless, there may well be far less general spreading of corona viruses on the whole.

If a group of people on an Antarctica Research Station, after many weeks isolation suddenly have a serious outbreak of flu, what is the mechanism that caused that? How the hell can the world get rid of CV-19, it can't, and has to adapt, but in a realistic manner.