Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Emira - Page 51 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Emira

au-yt

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 5 weeks later...

https://cardealermagazine.co.uk/publish/carwow-names-lotus-emira-as-used-car-with-greatest-profit-potential-in-first-quarter-of-2024/300443

Carwow names Lotus Emira as used car with greatest profit potential in first quarter of 2024

Carwow reveals used cars offering the biggest profit potential in Q1

Lotus Emira tops the model list with Land Rover the most profitable brand

Bosses say list highlights ‘diversity’ of Carwow’s stock

• 1 month later...
On 09/05/2024 at 15:51, Bibs said:

I also have a regular Teams with the Senior Customer Service Manager in London (at their request) and feed back a list of points raised on here and to be fair, they are addressed or answered and quickly at that. 

Apologies if this should be in the Emira section......

@Bibs any chance you can find out from your sources what is happening with Emra First Edition V6 production.

I ordered an FE Emira at the end of 2022.  It was indicated all along as Q1 2024 delivery.  To then find out in April that it will be 2026.  No V6 more production until late 2025, and then they will probably not be FEs.  Although Customer Services are not really sure what's happening.

• Like 1

There are V6's on the production line right now. I'm going to try to get you a contact who will be able to help further with this for you. :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

@webfoot - Call Customer Services again and ask when your car will be ready. They will be wrapping up production of V6 FE's soon so that 'base' models can be ordered so the information you have is incorrect, it may be that you didn't ask the right questions if you know what I mean. If you've got a V6 FE on order, it should be very much 'sooner rather than later'. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @Bibs.  I will talk to CS again.

I was told 2026 by 3 different Lotus (CS) people for my order, but to be fair they were not sure.  Just passing on the information that they had been told at that time.

🤞that things are now more decided and they will finish all FE orders sooner rather than later.

• Like 1

Hi all, new to the forum.

I’ve been told the same, I’m hugely disappointed with Lotus and how they manage customers. I ordered early 2023 and locked in before last year’s price increase as I waited for the second batch of colours to be released, I was originally due in Q2 2024 and then Q1 2024 which was confirmed by customer service. I submitted private registration details and was told to expect contact from Lotus. Q1 came and went so I decided to ring CS and ask what was happening I was told my order was now not happening until 2025/26 but  Lotus are committed to completing the orders of FE V6 Manuals, then last week I received the enhanced and protection email stating that they would be asking me to complete checkout soon. Back in touch CS who informed me that this was sent by mistake and that it’s still 2025/26 but now they won’t commit on my order, when I ask “in 2025/26 will I receive the car I’ve ordered at the locked in price” I’m told I’ll receive notification of any changes by email. I have mixed emotions with the whole situation I was looking forward to my first ever new car, first ever Lotus. I’m a cash buyer so my £87,355 is gaining 5% in my bank rather than losing £20,000 sitting in my garage so that’s a plus point, but when you look around there is nothing to touch this beautiful looking car so I’ll keep the order open and see what happens 

best wishes 

karl

Welcome Karl.

I was sat in the offices of the Chapman Production Centre last week overlooking a production line full of FE V6's. I think CS may have had a bit of duff info recently so re-check with them. As I mentioned, they are wrapping up production of these shortly to make space for base cars so I think (hope!) you'll be getting some good news soon. 

• Like 1

Thank you, I’ll try them tomorrow 

I see you’re in Kent, when my Emira arrives it’ll be delivered into Ashford Lotus

Edited by Karl.
  • Like 1

Contacted CS this morning still saying 2026, V6 FE on current production line are for export. That’s changed from my last call when I was told the production line is focusing only on back orders of i4s

This is such a mess to read about; is Lotus Customer Services in anyway connected to the production line management, planning and comms.  I don't see how it is difficult to get the right information to the customer after two years of build time having now elapsed?!  Frankly it seems nothing short of sabotage somewhere in the ranks to be this bad so consistently.

• Like 2

It is indeed confusing. In a recent event organized by the local Lotus club we were told by one of the guys working for the local dealer that the V6 is no more… they don’t take any more orders. I asked if it was just temporary, to catch up with L4 orders, and was told no, no more V6s.

I believe the V6 will go at some point but hope Lotus have the decency to complete the order book first, my local Lotus agent/dealer told me today they expect to see a base V6 before it does go.

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Techyd said:

This is such a mess to read about; is Lotus Customer Services in anyway connected to the production line management, planning and comms.  

I don't believe, from personal experience, that they ever have been.....

• Like 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

I've got 2 deposits down, both placed in Feb 2023 after I cancelled my original order.  On advice from CS at the time, one was supposed to be in the V6 FE queue and the other in the V6 Base queue - the idea being that whenever Base Edition specs, options pricing and timings were eventually published then I could choose FE or Base and cancel the other one.

Had an email last August asking me to confirm my spec if I wanted to avoid a price increase, so submitted spec on one order.  No updates from Lotus since then.  I missed a call from Lotus CS last week.  Called them back today.  They said both my orders won't now be built until 2026, whether FE or Base.  Said it's because they are building non-UK FEs and i4s.  Couldn't tell me anything about Base or when any info will be published.

I haven't chased them over the last year, as I'm fine running my other cars for now and I am probably leaning towards Base if the pricing and options are sensible, so waiting for the Base info.  Surprised that info STILL isn't published, when it was due "in a few months" in Feb 2023.  Not surprised that CS still don't have any decent info.  At this rate buying a lightly used 2023 FE later this year at 12 months old and stripping out the stuff I don't want will be cheaper than a new Base ... which isn't even available for another TWO YEARS.  It'll be three years after I placed the deposit.

And Lotus are wondering why people are losing interest.  CS person I spoke to today said they were contacting people with deposits who hadn't submitted specs, which had turned up people who had forgotten about their deposits, were now untraceable or had died.

• Sad 2
  • Shock 1

I shouldn’t really be shocked. What a farce. I’m just loving my few hundred mile old V6 bought with large £££ reduction rather than still be in that “queue” that I said from June 21 I wanted a base spec car. Glad I never waited. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Me too - cancelled my 4 order (placed on launch day) last Autumn when I got a drive in a press car (I can say thanks to Scott Walker now that he's left Hethel - the i4 was disappointing) and it was delayed again - and bought a V6 Auto ex-dealer demo with >250 miles and £13k off list - there are still plenty of lightly used or ex-demo UK FE V6's around......

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-search?advertising-location=at_cars&make=Lotus&model=Emira&postcode=NR14 8EZ&sort=price-asc

And ex-factory orphaned orders at list prices including i4's too :

https://www.lotuscars.com/en-GB/car-locator?model=Emira

It seems odd that any new UK orders via the online configurator (Emira AND EV's) now get sent to a "Lotus Centre" for processing (as opposed to an online deposit and then being left to Lotus CS to deal with) - is this a sign that the direct sales model is failed/reverting??

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

20 minutes ago, JimH said:

is this a sign that the direct sales model is failed/reverting??

Yes, they are reverting @Bibs has mentioned it on another topic. An ex dealer told me (in secret) about 2 months ago.

• Like 1

Likewise I was told about 2 months ago in secret 🤫 that sales were reverting to old model again within a few months. Didn’t want to break the confidence so didn’t post. 

• Like 1

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

• Gold FFM

Also - the "Lotus Hethel" dealership has dropped off the list of Sales Agents and anecdotal evidence suggests that new car factory collections are no more.

With Stratton Motors/Lotus Norfolk (currently? 🤞) a Service Agent only there's a big geographical gap in the East of England / Hethel heartland for a new car sales agency....

2 hours ago, JimH said:

With Stratton Motors/Lotus Norfolk

Would have thought that they might get their new sales back.

• Like 1