Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora Handbrake Shoes..... - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora Handbrake Shoes.....

Go to solution Solved by Reindeer,

Has anyone managed to find these?

Its not clear on Deroure which part they are and if they are the ones I think on there.......then they have the usual lotus tax bringing them to £100 plus. Which is crazy for handbrake shoes.

Anyone found another option?

Thanks all

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It looks like the shoes aren't available individually, but as an entire assembly, minus the backplate. 

You could probably take a set of shoes to an auto parts store and see if they could match it up with another application based on size and holes. 

I wish it was that......

I changed the brake lines, calipers, discs and pads......At the end I overadjusted the handbrake shoes......

Which decided to stick on whilst going round the M25, scorch the disc, burn off the disc paint and turn the original shoes into a charred mess.

Lesson. Don't adjust your handbrake shoes too tight!

22 hours ago, Reindeer said:

Anyone found another option?

Try asking ES Motorsports. They have probably taken plenty off old Evoras. 

(You’ll need to contact them directly. Don’t rely on their eBay listings to be the full list of their available parts). 

According to Deroure, the Lotus parts number for the parking brake assembly (B132J0145F) is the same for original and 400 series cars, so these should be good for all Evoras.