Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Livery/Colour Options - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Livery/Colour Options

Which General Colour/Livery would you go for?  

50 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well one of the reasons I don't want a Launch or should I say First Edition car is the limited colour choice for starters.  Also once you see the cars in the flesh in other colours some stand out much better than expected.  I remember the heartache having to spec my LE Evora way before seeing any.  A few cars had been seen in Aquamarine and we wanted the Oyster interior so went for that.  I was always disappointed in my choice although SWMBO liked it.

I soon got my first of 2 Ardent Red cars and the Sport Racer look (black pack in todays language) is on my 2nd one and would be my first choice again. It is still much commented on everywhere we go and I'd have to see that new Magma Red in the light to change my mind on it.

I do like the Laser Blue as one of my sons had an S until recently in it and it does pop. SWMBO would want Nightfall Blue.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
5 minutes ago, Al. said:

I'd have to see that new Magma Red in the light

Agh, me too, me too....    I fear it is too light or looks a bit pink, ooh err, or orange in some conditions.

Now the limited  colours are confirmed I assume most of the Orange pickers will move to Yellow.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

As a metallic red, it looks (as far as you can tell from the configurator, anyway, which may not be that accurate) to be very close to the JLR Firenze Red that I have on my Velar..... If you google "Firenze Red" you'll see that it looks very different in different lights/images as well. Anyway, that's one reason I'll probably be going Yellow or Blue if there's only 6 colours by the time i4's get order slots!

Don't all roads lead to Du Pont for paint these days anyway?

ow19eyd-5-xl.jpg

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

I was told that the red is a bit like the red that Mazda has.  I think they call it Soul Red.

5583FC4F-517A-46D8-954C-96EB6BC3AF90.jpeg

Edited by Pugwash
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The tone looks similar but the paint has more metallic elements, it seems to me.

I am hoping it resembles Rosso Fuoco on Ferraris.

This really is a colour one needs to see in the flesh but that is months away.

In the Autumn/Fall we will get all the paint samples at dealers - probably those little car models.

377d0c0bc577b66982e1ad9f650d7033.thumb.jpg.655eb53bc4e54a448b45f4c43784d38c.jpg

On 12/07/2021 at 22:32, Bazza 907 said:

Will Magma red not be similar to Inferno?

IMG_1213.jpg

That looks pretty damn close to me...  

My #1 choice.

1-01.thumb.jpg.31c9dc88e26fd53a6bc752268d94804c.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/07/2021 at 17:32, Bazza 907 said:

Will Magma red not be similar to Inferno?

IMG_1213.jpg

Got your magma red right here: https://www.ford-trucks.com/articles/appreciation-to-ford-magma-red/

Capture.JPG

If the car is not from the UK or Italy; it's not worth talking about.

Just sold my Daytona Blue Elise, there aren’t many around and I just loved the colour. So at the moment it has to be Blue but would like to see how others look actually on the cars, if I can’t will stick with Blue.

64CBF3D3-9E97-448B-A0F5-208F0381829F.jpeg

• Like 2

That does suit it well. You'd be happy with the blue on the car at present especially with the black wheels and black pack. It really works.

On 12/07/2021 at 16:52, JimH said:

As a metallic red, it looks (as far as y

I bet it is either Fire Red or Canyon Red with a different name! Nothing in life is actually as complicated as people want it to be, in my experience.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

I'm a big fan of Black and Gold.  Nit sure about the red bits. The Union Jack is cool. I;d love that on the Emira.

25 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Nit sure about the red bits.

Have a look at the F1 cars from when Lotus sponsored the Enstone team (aka Benetton/Renault). Then you’ll realise why the red bits are there. Same as for the Exige LF1 cars. 

On 14/07/2021 at 14:26, Dobbin145 said:

Nice 🙂

Is there anything close to Dark Verdant on other Lotus in the past? I don't recall it being an Evora Colour (Empire Green maybe being close?).

It is hard to judge from the configurator alone, but I would assume that it will not be very far off from Racing Green metallic (C155)

149874A4-D746-41DD-BE3C-A7114C0D432E.jpeg

5B3F7BB1-6016-4907-BF34-96316B77AFB9.jpeg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That is quite dark.

This is why it is important to see these in the flesh.

I am hoping the green has a lot of silver fleck in it so that it never looks 'black' in some conditions.

I want it to be lively...  May be it will be too dark for me.

When we get those little model car paint samples I will ask to take one for a spin and see how it changes as I drive along and park in different places.

😂

In the same way, the red sometimes looks a bit too light.

Oh well. Either way, the cars will look the nuts.

THIS is a nice green. If it looks like this I would be very happy.

On the Evija configurator, ARDENT GREEN is spot on for me.  Would love that.

@Evotion that green is a dream, however i suspect the green they are using is the one that is closer to black which worries me as dark colours on the Emira really hide all the curves which is a shame really. if its the green in the video there would be no regrets or hesitation from me.

Edited by Nass

On 12/07/2021 at 17:38, Al said:

I was always disappointed in my choice although SWMBO liked it.

On 12/07/2021 at 17:38, Al said:

SWMBO would want Nightfall Blue.

I think we have here a clear case of "listen to your wife"... Happy Wife - Happy Life... 😉

And you get the right colours for free 😉

3 hours ago, Nass said:

hat green is a dream, however i suspect the green they are using is the one that is closer to black which worries me

I'm in the other camp. Empire Green or the dark metalic racing green would be my favourite. So the dark verdant could be it.

With the current blue, I think they have missed it somehow. Mitnight Blue for dark and Essex blue for brighter tones would have been much better choice. (=more sales...come on Lotus with that fancy robo-paint-shop you can do that!)  😉

• Haha 1
For the few who know the difference

By the way: Look at the Aston Martin configurator how may different colours they offer...

I think, Lotus should do that too. The cars will all be the same, so the colour is only way you can differenciate from the Emira crowd.. More than 2'500 pending orders will make a lot of the same cars driving around....

For the few who know the difference