Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Configurator is Now LIVE - Page 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Configurator is Now LIVE

Frickin_idiot

23 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

So FE is V6 only and 400hp with 10k or so of options…

sounds really good, itching to see the car at Bristol in a few weeks!!

Nono, the First Edition is both the V6 and the AMG i4 but it is the V6 that is being made first, due to come out in April/May with the 4cyl coming out 3 months later. Lotus use the terms Spring and Summer launch respectively.

We know the V6 has 416HP and the AMG 4cyl launches around the 360HP area.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

7 minutes ago, Mctaff said:

I’m keen on 75, otherwise the cayman GTS will win my money for now… I could live without half of the FE options

I'm with you on that :yes:, apart from the Cayman part :no

If it's over £75K for a V6 FE then, bargain or not, I'll have to wait an extra year  :cry: :rant:

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

Interestingly no optional sports exhaust which gives me optimism it will sound great out the box even with the PPF.

Switchable too so that helps me believe it will still sound epic in the higher revs when the valve is off.

This also means, the first thing I do, after collecting the car is performing the 'Valve Open 100% of the Time' mod. 😈

If it is £75k I might get two V6 cars 🤠

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Evotion said:

Nono, the First Edition is both the V6 and the AMG i4 but it is the V6 that is being made first, due to come out in April/May with the 4cyl coming out 3 months later. Lotus use the terms Spring and Summer launch respectively.

We know the V6 has 416HP and the AMG 4cyl launches around the 360HP area.

I can’t see a mention of 4cyl on FE anywhere on the updated website… have I missed it?

… although I guess it’s on the configurator 

Which perhaps means FE

I just noticed it says “the emira V6 supercharged is available on the FE”… but no similar statement for the 4

No, they do not mention the i4 in that respect but it is common knowledge that both engines will be made in this First Edition run. They will update this nearer the time of the i4. Basically, you cannot actually configure the i4 as it is simply to soon, that's all.

I think every option you see will also be applicable for the AMG i4 too - except you can only have the DCT of course.

You can choose the engine currently in the configurator, which only seems to be showing first edition options... I am strongly leaning towards the amg myself, assuming it's available in FE form. And is cheaper. It's going to be the faster car imo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, worldwidewebs said:

I think it'll be £74,995

Good luck with that one, hope you are right, but something tells me you are not, let’s wait and see.

Own build cars not until Spring 2023 at earliest - I’m gutted and annoyed.

Launch Edition will be beyond my means. My Evora is already sold in anticipation for a car next summer (didn’t use the Lotus in the winter anyway).

Sadly it looks like I’m back car hunting for next summer.

Come on Lotus pull your finger out. You want to play with the big boys and be a serious player rather than a little niche brand.  By everything I’ve seen my best guess is I may be in the first 250 to have placed a deposit (just a guess) yet I’ll have to wait the best part of 2 years for a car.

19 minutes ago, worldwidewebs said:

What tells you I’m not?

Like i said I sincerely hope you are right and have no desire to get into a argument with you. My simple assessment is the the company charged over 90k for a probably inferior car GT410sport and a fully spec’d Cayman would be at the price I mentioned. Lets hope we get some news on pricing next week and if the price point is what i said its a fantastic buy any cheaper its a steal.

I thought we find out the price/s tomorrow?

Still over 6 months to go.. ha.

Looking through the specifications there are a lot of things I am not really worried about on the FE, in reality just the front parking sensors and sports exhaust, to me the rest are mostly superfluous, I have a lot of options on the Boxster that I probably wouldn't miss or spec on a car myself.

It will be interesting to find out the pricing penalty for all these extras, whether I want to pay more to have Emira earlier than 2023.

54 minutes ago, duncx said:

But.....isn't a big point of the FE that you get all of these goodies 'thrown in' for a very good price?

I don't think thats how it works. I mostly think it's a system where they get more money out of most eager buyers. There might be a slight discount, but I don't think this will be 10k cheaper than it would've been otherwise.

• Gold FFM

Pricing is due on Monday.

I was told the effective discount on FE bundle versus doing the same as own-spec would be £2-3k saving.  Let’s see.

• Gold FFM

Something happening with it as I am not able to load it.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

7 hours ago, Inversed said:

I don't think thats how it works. I mostly think it's a system where they get more money out of most eager buyers. There might be a slight discount, but I don't think this will be 10k cheaper than it would've been otherwise.

On the other hand, if they offer the FE full loaded for a nice price, Lotus gets in return thousands of cars which give them an idea about how well everything is build. If they get a lot of complaints about a specific option (durability...), then they know they've got to work that out. 

Price is going to be key.

Unfortunately, my builders come back with a crazy price for my garage extension (blaming the supply of materials) so the Emira is up in the air at the minute.  Maybe spring 2023 for a custom build will have to do.

Damn!!!!

• Gold FFM

Can't see how they're going to nail down orders for the suspension options until people have driven the damn thing... ?

I'm starting to get a sinking feeling about i4 First Editions, in that they may not be a "thing".  Just my paranoia, really

18 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

V6 FE = £78K before delivery etc

So it's an 80K car (fully loaded with the launch package)... will be interesting to see what effect that has on people's commitment

The configurator still isn't working for me. Where did you get £78k from? I'd be happy with that - £17k less than list for an Evora GT410.