Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 10 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Much nicer than an S anyway.  Sharp.

A LEGS man and proud to declare it! Lotus Enthusiasts Group Scotland

Evora Launch Edition 2+2 in Aquamarine -gone 2010. Evora Aquamarine 2+2 - gone 2011, Evora Ardent Red 2+0 gone 2012, Evora S Ardent Red 2+2, gone 2023 

On 10/08/2021 at 10:54, Bibs said:

The ECU that powers it is water cooled! That's the attention to detail that's gone into the Emira, that's the sort of thing you see on gaming PC's!

How do they stop it freezing in winter? Antifreeze ?

Phil           Leave me alone I know what to do - I think. 

On 10/08/2021 at 18:54, Bibs said:

The ECU that powers it is water cooled! That's the attention to detail that's gone into the Emira, that's the sort of thing you see on gaming PC's!

Sounds like very poor design if it needs to be water cooled. The SoC that powers the infotainment shouldn't use more than a couple of watts at most.

Just like a high end pc doesn't really need watercooling at all unless the manufacturer/user supplied a insufficient air cooler ;)

Not sure about the actual engine control unit but that should be far less as those don't really have a lot of processing to do.

11 hours ago, Evotion said:

To Exige/Evora owners...  Does that sound the same or slightly different?

I don't think the UK production Emira will sound as good unfortunately.

Have to say, this is the first time I've seen the Emira in the sunshine.  Looks amazing.

Edited by glen8
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, bosshog said:

Well my ‘high end’ Mac can get so hot I think it’s going to burn! 

Sure but your Mac probably has a CPU that consumes quite a bit more power than the SoC you'd find in a infotainment system. Even high end SoC's in smartphones consume about 5 watt at most. Also you have to remember the chips themselves generally have no problems running at 100 degrees.

In a car there really shouldn't be any need for active cooling, let alone watercooling.

1 hour ago, glen8 said:

I don't think the UK production Emira will sound as good unfortunately.

Not without stuff being removed - if possible and simple.

At least we know what it CAN sound like.  Excellent.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Easily the best ever looking indicators on a car!

They look really light too. Win win.

😁

• Like 1

That's a stunning pic - sure does look black there.

Just another fabulous angle.

But like I've said a couple of times: there's something wrong with the brake lights. In this clip it stutters when the right one goes out. And it's also a mystery why the center light dims 1 second sooner than the other two. 🤔

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I watched it a couple of times, but I can't associate an engine stutter with the RHS brake light. I didn't see the RHS brake light doing anything until it extinguished. The middle brake light blinked at one stage before extinguishing. The RHS brake light closely followed it. That might just be a timing thing with the LED control.

This is also a pre-production car isn't it?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

motor1 USA video at 1 min shows the boot - what's going on here?  Battery too big for the compartment and a fire extinguisher?  How will the golf clubs fit in? 

emira boot.JPG

motor1 USA video at 2 min 28 ... "and we can't remember the last time we've seen a centre armrest on a Lotus vehicle" ...   Evora LE had one..  when did it go?8cd065f10f1b4610897a7041fc619f5e.jpg.16f868b827d0b006c9bf96857abcaaa1.jpg

8 hours ago, ramjet said:

I watched it a couple of times, but I can't associate an engine stutter with the RHS brake light. I didn't see the RHS brake light doing anything until it extinguished. The middle brake light blinked at one stage before extinguishing. The RHS brake light closely followed it. That might just be a timing thing with the LED control.

This is also a pre-production car isn't it?

Yes, pre-production. But still... I've seen different clips where the rear brake lights behave in a strange way.  Oh well, they'll sort it out. But it's just not what you expect when they show the car on public. 😉

Edited by Snorkel

Stop posting the blue car up.

I am having enough difficulty as it is sticking with Green and Yellow 😃

• Haha 1