Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Picture & Video Thread - Page 9 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Picture & Video Thread

Bravo73

Do those magazines have any info we don't know already from the journalist videos and press info?

For Frank's video, I respect his opinion but I think Lotus sculpted the Emira really well. Connecting the side body vent lines with the fender lines moves the visual focal point forward towards the hood; this makes the hood seem shorter than the original design and makes the rear a bit too prominent. So I like how the vent lines aren't connected right now. And I think having the body color line on the side bottom of the car makes the car seem wedge shaped almost like a Lamborghini, vs the black "cut out" making it look more muscular.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
28 minutes ago, KusaKusa said:

Do those magazines have any info we don't know already from the journalist videos and press info?

Nah.  A lot of it was written even before the launch and have even less.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

I agree. I think the Emira looks great as it is - Russell Carr and his team have done a fantastic job, and I bet a sizable chunk of deposits were based on looks alone. I am not a fan of some of Frank Stephenson's work anyway. The McLaren MP4-12C was just plain bland, much like its name which sounds like the warehouse code for a washing machine, and the P1's proportions have always looked a little odd to my eyes, especially in profile. The 570 was a vast improvement on either of them, and of course Frank didn't do that one 🙂

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, freefall_junkie said:

and I bet a sizable chunk of deposits were based on looks alone

For sure. A lot of us put down deposits before we even saw it. I doubt many pulled out once they had. Amazing supercar looks

I wonder how global deposits are looking now. 

Interior pics still shows the 480hp in the middle screen.. 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
For the few who know the difference

I love the architecture of the cockpit. Everything is well in balance, there aren't any exaggerated elements. This interior gives a feel of ease, a relaxing environment but at the same it screams: "I'm a sportscar! With a combustion engine! Move over or I'll eat you alive!!"

This interior isn't dull. You have strong vertical and horizontal lines that flow over from one element to another, but you get the more funky lines in the doorpanel & center console. A unique design, refreshing and exciting. Straight forward color scheme on the digital dash that matches the rest of the interior.

Yep, 10/10 for the design department. Is this also Russels work? 

2 hours ago, AK70 said:

Interior pics still shows the 480hp in the middle screen.. 😉

Showing 480hp on the screen and there is still some of the white line to go before it reaches max. The rev counter is still only at 5500 and the redline is at 7000. 😉

• Like 1

Ok, these interiors or better the Info-system are not final yet. But it is still a bit of a mistery for me why they have done that? Surely they cloud have chosen some Nav maps or just any other screen. But instead the show information about the power AND in a magnitude where most people would have hoped for/expected?

So what is this: a reference for future power output? screen designers expectation? just a negligence? easter egg? 

Whatever, Lotus has achieved that we keep thinking about it... Great marketing ;-))

For the few who know the difference

• Gold FFM

Jean-Jacques Loeillet is chief HMI designer for Emira and is ex McLaren, JLR and Renault.  He did the UI for the Senna GTR, GT, Speedtail and Artura.  His Lotus team competed against the Geely Design Studio to win the Emira UI work.

"The new Lotus Emira HMI demonstrates the capabilities of the first-ever Lotus digital design team: graphic design, user experience, human-factor and rapid-prototyping. A big thank you to the whole team Mats Dahle Conor McNally Jean-Luc Pognon Alex Frangiamore Dr. Vadim Melnicuk Andrew M. for this great design.  We also offer this digital design expertise via www.lotusengineering.com"

"We worked a lot on the visual hierarchy, creating a cluster which looks always visually balanced and where information appears where you expect.  We wanted to design something pure and easy to read."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TomE said:

We wanted to design something pure and easy to read

Great, Amazing how many companies fail at this.

Similarly related, I might have mentioned it, we bought a new F-Pace when it first came out. Very handsome car and very rare for the 3 months we had it. 3 months? Yeah, the missus wanted rid of it as she found the usability THAT frustrating she was happy to drop 5k on it. She was annoyed you had to use the touch screen to get to the seat warmers, that there were lines in the front window (WTF) and everything was fiddly and clearly not aimed at women drivers. Ha. Oh well. I loved that car and wince when I see one.

Moral of the story (no, not about women not alliowed in cars) is that companies need to design the interior experience with even more attention to detail than the outside.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TomE said:

Jean-Jacques Loeillet is chief HMI designer for Emira and is ex McLaren, JLR and Renault.  He did the UI for the Senna GTR, GT, Speedtail and Artura.  His Lotus team competed against the Geely Design Studio to win the Emira UI work.

"The new Lotus Emira HMI demonstrates the capabilities of the first-ever Lotus digital design team: graphic design, user experience, human-factor and rapid-prototyping. A big thank you to the whole team Mats Dahle Conor McNally Jean-Luc Pognon Alex Frangiamore Dr. Vadim Melnicuk Andrew M. for this great design.  We also offer this digital design expertise via www.lotusengineering.com"

"We worked a lot on the visual hierarchy, creating a cluster which looks always visually balanced and where information appears where you expect.  We wanted to design something pure and easy to read."

It's great that the UI has such good expertise behind it.  But my main concern would be the electronics behind it, specifically if they're powerful enough and reliable.  Automotive companies have been slow to increase the processing power of their UIs, and that has made them really laggy until recently.  And companies even now, like Ferrari, still have problems with it.  And electronics reliability has always been difficult for boutique manufacturers and British ones.

• Gold FFM

Does look like it will be a fun place to spend some hours smiling like the Cheshire Cat.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

9 hours ago, KusaKusa said:

But my main concern would be the electronics behind it, specifically if they're powerful enough and reliable

Fair concern.  We won't really know until it is used a lot by the masses.

Assumption time again...

It is new tech for Lotus so there will be a new loom , hopefully sourced from a company like Volvo who know a thing or two about this. This was a big move for Lotus so I have to expect that they threw a lot of resources at this.

I am not worried about it. Those that are, don't get a LE :)

Yeah, a lot of interviews with Lotus personnel seem to highlight good cross collaboration with and available of Geely's resources.  UI design or electronics have been mentioned I think.  Even if the products so far have looked pure Lotus, it seems there's good involvement from other Volvo/Chinese engineers, which should help modernize Lotus and also help them with their EVs.

On 08/08/2021 at 23:13, KusaKusa said:

if they're powerful enough and reliable

The ECU that powers it is water cooled! That's the attention to detail that's gone into the Emira, that's the sort of thing you see on gaming PC's!

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

On 04/08/2021 at 09:40, freefall_junkie said:

The McLaren MP4-12C was just plain bland

But my god has it aged well!  It still looks good and fresh now to be honest as a lot of the McLaren's are now just a fussy mess. The Evora S1 was the same. Some people said it was plain bland back then, but again, it has really aged well and shows just what a good design it really was.

Too often cars might not look bland when they come out, but they age awfully and look shite a few years later - a bit like a beautiful young woman 25 years after 3 kids, 30 fags and two bottles of wine a day.....  Looked good in the day, but later, looks .......

• Like 2

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

How much are those S1 versions going for now?  Must  be on the rise.