Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
For Auction - The Esprit Limited Collection - Page 4 - Esprit Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

For Auction - The Esprit Limited Collection

Bling

Have to say, the Essex looks fantastic now it’s had the work done. Would’ve thought that the headlining would’ve been replaced given the standard achieved everywhere else on the car….but maybe a brave step too far! Lovely!👏🏻👏🏻 Can’t wait to see what it sells for..?🤔

@Chillidoggy

Yes, there are quite a lot of details which are wrong even on a quick inspection

From memory only:

- rear expansion tank no plugged to the hose which drains the water to the exterior

- wrong red paint tone on some engine parts

- faulty oil pressure or sender (needle indication decreasing when revving, starting from the max!?)

- antique (?) dampers (at least not the LOTAC set)

- HT lead not attached properly on top of the rocker cover (yeah I know it's not critical lol)

- stainless steel is shiny and all, but unless I am wrong it's weaker than a proper 8.8 bolt so ... (plus it may be subject to galvanic corrosion against steel, but as far as I understand it small stainless bits on bigger steel parts should be all right)

On 24/08/2021 at 19:47, Senior said:

JPS has hit £50k very quickly.

cough https://www.autoscout24.com/offers/lotus-esprit-esprit-jps-gasoline-black-002d9cc2-a45d-5079-e053-0100007ff574 cough

Moderator Note: After being requested by @Giniw, he has said that this could possibly be a scam as pointed out by @LOTUSMAN33 further down this topic. All potential buyers need to be aware of this please.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Giniw said:

That is temptingly cheap!

Can anyone confirm it's the original JPS 013?

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

14 hours ago, Giniw said:

@Chillidoggy

Yes, there are quite a lot of details which are wrong even on a quick inspection

From memory only:

- rear expansion tank no plugged to the hose which drains the water to the exterior

- wrong red paint tone on some engine parts

- faulty oil pressure or sender (needle indication decreasing when revving, starting from the max!?)

- antique (?) dampers (at least not the LOTAC set)

- HT lead not attached properly on top of the rocker cover (yeah I know it's not critical lol)

- stainless steel is shiny and all, but unless I am wrong it's weaker than a proper 8.8 bolt so ... (plus it may be subject to galvanic corrosion against steel, but as far as I understand it small stainless bits on bigger steel parts should be all right)

Those are all fairly minor details, easily corrected. I was thinking that for the sort of money being suggested (£50K), an engine and gearbox rebuild should have been done.

Margate Exotics.

1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

Those are all fairly minor details, easily corrected. I was thinking that for the sort of money being suggested (£50K), an engine and gearbox rebuild should have been done.

Yes but these visible details indicates that the rest of the work might be not that great (and the LOTAC dampers/springs are not so very cheap either, even compared to the price of the car)

As I already said, that doesn't make it a bad car obviously.

2 hours ago, Escape said:

I guess you could ask for the VIN? (not that I know JPS  #13's VIN but that would be a good start)

It's sad it's a RHD :cry: (I don't know whether there has been LHD JPS?)

Yeah, with the VIN one should be able to trace the origin.

The RHD I see as a plus, I would have preferred a RHD Jag as well, it adds to the experience of driving a British classic. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

2 hours ago, Giniw said:

Yes but these visible details indicates that the rest of the work might be not that great (and the LOTAC dampers/springs are not so very cheap either, even compared to the price of the car)

As I already said, that doesn't make it a bad car obviously.

It seems the only major work has been a front and rear suspension rebuild. The description is as long as ‘War and Peace’, but doesn’t really mention much about any work done. From those photos, I’d say this car is in average condition. If it reaches £50, then it’s party time.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

8 hours ago, Escape said:

Yes it is Filip as I sold it to the seller years ago, the advert is not right though as he was hacked and the car keeps coming up for sale, I messaged him about it a few times.

Dave :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

2 hours ago, Giniw said:

(I hope you don't plan to sell though!)

edit: by the way, as for an engine or gearbox rebuild, as it only has only done 49000 miles I think that would be quite early?

Not if the reserve price is £50,000 and up. In my opinion an S4s isn't worth that unless it's something really special. And that isn't in my view. Still, let's see what it fetches at the fall of the hammer, because I might be talking nonsense yet again.

Margate Exotics.

Hard to tell what a fair price is for an Esprit.

I would say that it's pretty cheap compared to what you can buy new for about the same price

https://www.carwow.co.uk/best/ten-best-50k-cars : I see almost only very err ... normal high production cars which will be mostly forgotten in a couple of years (except the 4C and ... the Elise, obviously :lol:)