Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Official Emira Pricing - Page 3 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Official Emira Pricing

Bibs

5 hours ago, Evotion said:

Every First Edition car comes with the KEF Stereo.

Ok, we can only actually confirm the V6 has it but we can safely assume (-95%) that the AMG i4 FE will also have it at launch.

After that, in 2023, there will only be base cars with naff the standard spec and no packs.

Is that confimred by Lotus? Packs only avaialble on FE cars?

It is there is black and white on the configurator.

To be clearer... the Packs come with the FE cars.

Later own-spec cars will have to be specced with these packs at an extra cost, of course.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Do we know how long it will take Lotus to announce pricing for the rest of the world?

Converting the UK price to Japanese yen makes sense (tad more expensive than a Cayman GTS 4.0) but I'd like to know so I can gradually let the wife get used to what my goal is for the next 2~3 years 😛

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, IwantOne said:

Do we know how long it will take Lotus to announce pricing for the rest of the world?

Converting the UK price to Japanese yen makes sense (tad more expensive than a Cayman GTS 4.0) but I'd like to know so I can gradually let the wife get used to what my goal is for the next 2~3 years 😛

In Australia we've been told that prices will be announced in early October.  I only wish it would be a simple conversion of the UK price to Aussie dollars!  We traditionally get hit with a significant premium over UK prices.  Porsche are one of the worst culprits; we pay about 40% more for a base 911 than the Brits.  Some of it is taxes (we have a luxury car tax), but it's also the manufacturers taking advantage of an isolated market that effectively prohibits private imports from other countries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Japan has the same problem, though I think Japan actually exports quite a few cars to Australia. The used sports car market in Japan is very small. 

A Cayman GTS 4.0 in Japan is nearly 10.000 pounds more expensive compared to the UK.

That said I'm from the Netherlands and buying any kind of fun car there is basically impossible due to the ridiculous co2 tax. A GTS is something like 130.000 euros.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IwantOne said:

Japan has the same problem, though I think Japan actually exports quite a few cars to Australia. The used sports car market in Japan is very small. 

A Cayman GTS 4.0 in Japan is nearly 10.000 pounds more expensive compared to the UK.

That said I'm from the Netherlands and buying any kind of fun car there is basically impossible due to the ridiculous co2 tax. A GTS is something like 130.000 euros.

From the Netherlands too. 
I can’t imagine the emira being more expensive than the gts here, would be quite the disappointment. When I put my deposit down the dealer told me the base price would be €72.000 + €15.000 tax. Hoping For a FE V6 manuel for sub €110.000 incl tax.

4 hours ago, IwantOne said:

Emira will be a rare beast in Japan, hope the pricing is not prohibitive. I lived for a bit in Tokyo, just round the corner from the McLaren garage, good for a weekend browse, never let me take one out though ☹️

Just converting pounds into your own coinz isn't working. I phoned a dealer here to ask about the prices in euro and everything was different: the FE price for the V6, alcantara steering wheel, homelink and tracking system... All a bit more expensive (Off course I matched the VAT to BTW here), but again: Everything was (a bit) more expensive

The only thing that matched with converting was the black pack. Very odd. 🙂 

Edited by Snorkel

Not sure about import duties, but car manufacturers are always ultra cautious when it comes to foreign exchange rates. They can easily lose a large chunk of their profit margin through no fault of their own. We’ve suffered from that in the UK with imported cars for generations.

From what I saw, it seems that German prices will carry a healthy 10% mark up (or safety net as per the post above) on top of current exchange rate differences…

76000 gbp turns into 96,000 euros (88,000 euros being the direct conversion).

From memory, it looks similar to pre-Brexit price differences on the previous range and hard to justify, IMO. It will certainly prevent me from buying new from Lotus, just as it did in the past.

It will be interesting to hear the demand in Germany given the direct comparison against the Cayman.

I assume that the Emira will be even more relatively expensive over there.

Will certainly stand out against a plethora of Caymans.

15 hours ago, E1M2I3R4A said:

Emira will be a rare beast in Japan, hope the pricing is not prohibitive. I lived for a bit in Tokyo, just round the corner from the McLaren garage, good for a weekend browse, never let me take one out though ☹️

Looked up Evora prices and they went from 9 million for the first model to 11 million for the S (not sure if that was the super charger version) to 14 and 15 million for the 410 and 410 sport. The 410 range is well over 2 million more than what you pay for the same car in the UK and much more than a GT4 as well which I believe is 13 million.

Unless they can compete with Cayman S and GTS prices I can't imagine we'll see a lot of them. Just doesn't make sense at that price. At least not for the initial models.

I happen to live close to a pretty well off area and even have a Lotus dealer not too far away yet o hardly ever see one. Save a black Elise the other day which looked very nice and on early mornings you usually find a couple out on the local mountain roads but that's about it. I don't think I've ever even seen a Evora while I did spot cars like Countach, 512bb, 2.7rs and the usual range of Ferrari's and lambos around where I live.

That’s interesting. Japan is pretty much Lotus’ biggest market, so if you hardly ever see them there, it shows how forgotten the marque has become. The 1500 cars which Hethel has been producing each year spread themselves very thinly across the globe. No doubt that figure will drop even lower into 3 figures this year, with the lengthy hiatus between the end of Elise/Exige/Evora production and the start of Emira production next year.

I didn't know Lotus was "big" in Japan, interesting. Maybe the fact most of Lotus' cars aren't the most practical also has something to do with not seeing them on the road so much. Maybe you are more likely to spot then on b roads at times when traffic is low.

Still, looking at cars for sale probably says it all. 37 exiges, 12 elises and 10 Evora's (6 of those are dealer stock). That's it. There are like a 1000 911's and 600 Caymans/boxters for sale.

Even Ferrari has many more cars for sale. 45 812's and 40 488's just to give an example.

Or people just love their Lotus' so much they don't want to sell them ;)

Truthfully though, the truth probably is that they just aren't very good value for money for anybody that wants a sports car and not a Lotus in particular.

• Like 1

Accordingly, the prices are very solid. 488s are falling below 458s, Huracans are falling.

Either a GT3/4 or an Emira is the way to go [trying to justify the purchases]

• Confused 1

Any information regarding finance packages / APR's etc?.

I'm heading to the Roadshow Event at B&C 30th so of course I'll be asking questions then but wasn't sure If I had missed anything. I'd be interested in the 50/50 potentially If an option. 

16 hours ago, JCR said:

I'd be interested in the 50/50 potentially If an option. 

If that is 50-50 and 0% interest then I will be all over that.

Hoping finance details are available at the Roadshow event but I suspect not.

That’s the kind of offer you see when brands are working to shift cars. I can safely wager it is not going to be the case here. 

I agree, it’s usually as a discount offset, until current situation re new car availability not difficult to get high discounts from any volume manufacturers. That’s why they like PCP so much, she’d loads of money made on the back of finance. E.g: Based on demand Porsche rarely want or need to discount at all and still push funding at 6.9% for those daft enough to take it. Lotus do not need to discount the Emira at all whilst initial demand is so strong.

• Gold FFM

Usually I'd agree about finance on a newly-launched car with strong demand.  But with Lotus and Geely looking to make an impact against competitors like Porsche, might they do something different?  Matching or bettering the current Porsche finance deals would get many people's attention.

Lotus launched a multi-country strategic partnership last year for financing with Fiat Chrysler Automobiles Bank.  It seemed fairly competitive back for financing about a year ago - I think 4.9% APR?

Not difficult to compete against Porsche finance, think what will really grab their attention is the car itself. Lotus has rarely figured with the majority of Porsche buyers, i.e until now? Thereafter the buying and support experience will become a factor.