Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Tracker. Yes or no? - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Tracker. Yes or no?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Always has done with Insurance. Clients want cheapest ever so little loyalty incentive offered by insurance co's. Understandable i guess.

Edited by Bravo73

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 04/10/2021 at 17:31, KJD said:

But, I don’t think I could be bothered having to carry around the driver tag that seems to come with it.

The last tracker tag that I had to use worked on Bluetooth. So you could also use your ‘phone to mimic it. 

Does the Scorpion work in the same way? 

• Like 2

Do we know which actual Scorpion model it is yet?

Obviously the amount of £465 we pay is inclusive of fitting.

What about a subscription amount?

scorpion.PNG.18ff4f0ddf1fe7ba3e1379c46954fcb6.PNG

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

S5. It says so on the configurator.

£449 is the Scorpion fitted price, so £20 more factory fitted.

Someone was told by Lotus it includes 1 year’s subscription, so fair enough.

• Like 1

Ah ok, thanks I will find out what difference it makes to the premium nearer the time.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 3 weeks later...

Yep. If you forget it you’ll get a call from Scorpion to check you haven’t nicked your car.

The Scorpion website suggests it’s primarily designed to guard against key cloning as if someone starts the car with a laptop, the alert will still trigger.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I decided to spec the tracker, although it didn't work on arrival.  I called Lotus and they suggested that I should speak to Scorpion, it turns out it wasn't even registered on their system...back to Lotus and within an hour I had access to my account.  The tracker unit was registered to my car, but it was showing as not installed.  I went through the activation procedure, but it still didn't activate.

Scorpion were very good and arranged a home visit.  The guy drove from Liverpool to Hampshire and basically unplugged the unit and plugged it in again as it had gone into a deep sleep, which is probably due to the delay between fitting and activation.  We then went for a short drive as I live in the sticks where a 4G signal is nothing more than a dream, as soon as the unit got a decent signal it activated and everything worked perfectly.

Top marks to Scorpion and room for improvement Lotus...no shock there!

For obvious reasons, I will not disclose the location of the tracker unit, but I was surprised how accessible it was.  I guess they're all installed in the same location and it won't take long for that to become known to car theives.  It would take seconds to disable the device.

If my insurance don't insist on a tracker, it will come down to the difference in premium versus the subscription cost next year when it's due.

• Like 2

You’ve resurrected my thread that’s nearly as old as the wait for my Emira!

Picking it up next week at last.

With a tracker. Let’s see how I get on.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, KennyN said:

but I was surprised how accessible it was.

Would it not set off before it was deactivated from the alarm or motion sensors? That said, I wouldn't imagine it would be much use tracking anything if it's been unplugged! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Possibly, but as you say, the device is not tracking anything other than it's own location due to the internal battery if it has been launched out of the car before it is moved.  I would have expected the device to have been somewhat difficult to locate, despite it being a covert device.

Yep. It’s not especially hidden.

I already know where it’s located, and I haven’t even got my car yet.

If I can find out, then the average interested car thief certainly can.

• Sad 1