Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 12 - Eletre Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

Just read the car magazine article on the car, no wonder the 132 is getting such high praise, really can’t wait till end of March 

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, TomE said:

Similar to the London VIP pre-reveal, a group in Shanghai have seen the car this weekend.  Seems to have had a similarly positive reaction.  A few snippets coming out online.

So there must be at least a couple of real finished cars made to be showing at these events, so looks more advanced than the Emira was before its reveal in July?

Need to remember to charge them up a bit. I imagine they might be a bit heavy to push.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, TomE said:

Similar to the London VIP pre-reveal, a group in Shanghai have seen the car this weekend.  Seems to have had a similarly positive reaction.  A few snippets coming out online.

Do you have sources? What do you mean by "a few snippets coming out online"? I would love to get more pictures

On 16/02/2022 at 13:14, exeterjeep said:

Just found this   http://nvl5.ru/lotus-type-132-2022/   have no idea if these are real or renders...

Lotus-Type-132-2022....jpg.e9a3e839aa37bc9277514bffaf8d92a6.jpg

Lotus-Type-132-2022..jpg.397956d798be86f146f3a628a75135ac.jpg

Christ that is one ugly mother clucking car. I would not be seen dead in that. So hope it is not an "official" in any way representation of what Lotus would produce.

• Haha 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, Il fenomino said:

Do you have sources? What do you mean by "a few snippets coming out online"? I would love to get more pictures

The EmiraForum thread exeterjeep has linked and Bravo73 has posted from is my primary source.

Some stuff on Instgram too if you search on Type 132.

16 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Christ that is one ugly mother clucking car. I would not be seen dead in that. So hope it is not an "official" in any way representation of what Lotus would produce.

And it's electric, so I guess it's not the car for you. You must be on the wrong forum. 😁

• Like 2
“You can’t have too many bikes"

11 hours ago, stephenwhyte said:

That looks cracking!😎👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👍

I agree. However I'm disappointed they've fallen into the 'Tesla trap' of a big central tablet type screen. IMO it's a fad and offers no advantage, with several disadvantages over more traditional instrumentation. But at least it does have a proper display where it should be, in front of the driver so I could live with an iPad stuck in the middle.

Price will be critical. Are they continuing with their former mantra of affordable performance, or trying to cash in on the EV revolution and jump into the supercar league? Not saying a Lotus isn't a super car, but they don't currently butt heads with e.g. Ferrari, Lambo etc. As good? Yes, or even better in my opinion, but price-wise they've not been comparable. They've been inching up over the years though and may see this as their opportunity to jump start their entry into the big league of silly prices and low volume. Just what the world doesn't need.

The price of the 132 will be the first sign of their intentions. I hope they won't disappoint.

I completely agree, but it wouldn't be the first time motor manufacturers (mainly British, it has to be said) have had delusions of grandeur in this respect.

• Like 1

On 16/02/2022 at 13:14, exeterjeep said:

Just found this   http://nvl5.ru/lotus-type-132-2022/   have no idea if these are real or renders...

Lotus-Type-132-2022....jpg.e9a3e839aa37bc9277514bffaf8d92a6.jpg

Lotus-Type-132-2022..jpg.397956d798be86f146f3a628a75135ac.jpg

oh boy, that is butt ugly!!

thank god the real flyer above doesn't look like this!

Edited by Mctaff

9 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

You must be on the wrong forum. 😁

I am if it's morphed into an EV only love in forum.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Here are some relevant facts I think will be important to contextualize potential Type 132 pricing:

• Since this is the bigger size class over the smaller Type 134 SUV, Type 132's pricing has to be the upper bound of the lifestyle products and allow space to price Type 134. 
  • Lotus in Wuhan is planning to manufacture 100,000 vehicles by 2030 and has capacity for 150,000.  With that scale, I don't think this will be entering super SUV price territory with the Urus, etc.
  • Most of Geely's economies of scale lie in the Chinese middle class price bracket.
  • Options like LIDAR and carbon fiber wheels tend to be expensive extras and not something you just throw into an incremental trim package. 

Personally, I think Type 132 will be priced very similarly to or a bit above the BMW iX.  The iX seems to be realistically priced around $93k USD (all prices will be in USD) for the xDrive50 and up to $126k for the M60, based on making them decently optioned with $10k and up to $20k.  This matches up well with the Model X, which starts at $106k and goes up to $128k for the Plaid with very few extra options.  I think decently performing Type 132s will fall in that range or a bit on the higher side with exoticness and higher performance, and there may be some super packages like high performance for the less than 3 second 0-60 mph, lightweighting, active aero, or LIDAR that likely exceed Plaid pricing a bit.  High options pricing for something like LIDAR has already been shown to be viable in the market with Tesla's "Full Self-Driving", and I think the performance bits will be low volume but will demonstrate Lotus' capabilities and competitiveness similar to the Plaid trim.  Porsche has already demonstrated with Taycan Turbo and Turbo S that the luxury market basically considers Plaid a performance bargain that doesn't put a hard limit on other competitors going above its pricing with worse on-paper performance.

Interesting.....

on the other forum rhat was posted above...

@Autopsy I see you have edited your first post to remove the sketch you did. I assume you’ve been asked to do that by Lotus?

You’re no doubt aware it’s already been downloaded by other people and posted in various other channels. I hope you’re not in too much trouble with Lotus.

Nothing escapes your eye TomE🤣
Yes I was approached by lotus people and asked nicely to remove my sketch. They seems cool and thanked me for my enthusiasm. So I guess nothing of a big deal. Global reveal should be in April I was told.
Thanks for asking I really appreciate that!

• Like 1

On 22/02/2022 at 14:30, exeterjeep said:

Interesting.....

on the other forum rhat was posted above...

@Autopsy I see you have edited your first post to remove the sketch you did. I assume you’ve been asked to do that by Lotus?

You’re no doubt aware it’s already been downloaded by other people and posted in various other channels. I hope you’re not in too much trouble with Lotus.

Nothing escapes your eye TomE🤣
Yes I was approached by lotus people and asked nicely to remove my sketch. They seems cool and thanked me for my enthusiasm. So I guess nothing of a big deal. Global reveal should be in April I was told.
Thanks for asking I really appreciate that!

April... so Beijing autoshow, logical enough.

April!? Anybody else feel they've messed up the timing of these teasers? I'm already bored with these silly little snippets, though at least it felt like they were leading to a full reveal in the next couple of weeks.