Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Type 132 - Lotus Eletre - Page 8 - Eletre Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Type 132 - Lotus Eletre

Bibs

51 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Think we do........

Yep but we won’t 

@MJONthanks for link to type 132 article very informative 

Edited by DarrylV8
Added additional comment
  • Like 1

Darryl & Sue

Proud to drive and own since new a true British supercar the Evora GT430

Is it just me struggling to grasp the concept of an "SUV-coupe".

I know manufacturers like to keep things secret, but I'm not sure in this case it will be serving in Lotus' best interests to do so. There are several of us here interested in what it looks like they will be producing, but there is considerable doubt about what each of the projected 3 models will be like, in terms of size etc. Much confusion stemming from different interpretations of exactly what 'E' and 'D' segment/class actually mean. Many reports seem to assume that 'E' means bigger, but as far as I can determine, that is not actually the case.

What Lotus needs to be concerned about is that many potential customers cannot wait until 2025 to find out exactly how the 3 models will compare and in which case, will very possibly/likely simply go and buy something else.

Seems to me that Lotus could avoid this situation by providing some clear information about the cars and expected timelines. Only that way can any of us really decide whether it's worth the wait. Those that decide it is, will be saved as Lotus customers, those that do not wouldn't be buying one any way, so no loss.

I just think all this secrecy is counter productive, certainly these days as there are so many new EVs in the process of being announced and/or launched. I think a manufacturer has to proactively promote their products ahead of time and secure the 'desire to purchase' from the customer, rather than leave them in the dark and hence more likely to simply drift off and buy one from a different manufacturer.

“You can’t have too many bikes"

@eUKenGB You make a good point here, but then some are slating Lotus for showing Emira to soon as then having to wait for more info, spec, price availability etc. Guess there’s no right or wrong answer 🙄

5 hours ago, eUKenGB said:

Is it just me struggling to grasp the concept of an "SUV-coupe".

BMW started it with the X6 back in 2007. Now they all do it. 

And if you think that is bad, how about the ‘convertible SUV’? I’m looking at you, Evoque. 🤮

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m looking at you, Evoque. 

Did not sell well at all, funny discussing with the sales staff about the usual buyer profile, when they had 1 in the showroom a few years ago.

On 08/01/2022 at 13:42, MJON said:

Just found this site with article re 132?

https://topelectricsuv.com/lotus/2022-lotus-electric-suv-details/

The article says the type 133 would be an SUV Coupé, which is wrong. Not sure how credible that source ist. The other information is intresting. 

As it happens, that's how it's described. "Imagine a more muscular Evija inspired body on 23 inch wheels and you won't be too far from the mark" according to the design team insiders...

PXL_20220114_181129508~3.jpg

PXL_20220114_181114831~2.jpg

• Like 1

I have to agree. Bloody hideous and the front angle shot is just a real mess.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

17 minutes ago, Frickin_idiot said:

hese renderings are never that accurate

surely can't be even close....

and the large through aero/holes like the Evija would lose a load of space from a usable boot. A sports non utility vehicle.

• Like 2

Well I think it looks great. There, I've said it. However 2 things come to mind. First of all this is pure guesswork by a magazine and secondly, there's no way anything that extreme would get made. Manufacturers are far too conservative and anyway as pointed out, some of the apparent 'features' would be too impractical to be possible.

However, as far as I can estimate, it seems that the 132 is intended to be an SUV and the 134 a Crossover. The above fanciful speculation surely is more representative of a Crossover than an SUV is it not?

“You can’t have too many bikes"

https://media.lotuscars.com/en/models/type-132-test.html says...

In Spring 2021 Lotus will give a world premiere to a Sports Utility Vehicle (SUV), the first in a range of lifestyle vehicles that will go on sale in all major markets around the world. Each will be pure electric and reinvent the core DNA of Lotus in a thrilling new way, delivering the very best in beautiful design, class-leading ride and handling, advanced materials and optimised motorsport-inspired aerodynamics.

In the run-up to the Guangzhou Auto Show in November, Lotus released four short films previewing some of the exciting features of the SUV. Called Breathe, See, Stretch and Awaken, they revealed a tantalising glimpse of what is to come. You can see full details below.

At the moment this exciting new model is known only by its Lotus Type number – the Type 132. In the coming weeks we will reveal its model name and further details about its design, performance and features. I

Did not notice, (it was on an html with the word test in it.)....that I assume they just got a bit delayed or a typo. Perhaps blame covid.

Screen looks similar to me, almost squarish on both shots. I'd be more concerned about the steering wheel boss - Lynk & Co - with the tape hardly disguising it all. Lotus wheel not available yet, or are we looking at a future Lynk & Co SUV and not the 132? What a game this is......