Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Any news on the i4? - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Any news on the i4?

DaveC72

Well, ha, facts are hard to come by.

I have been told by two senior Lotus people that there will be no i4 deliveries in 2022 and they are slated for Jan 2023 onwards BUT this, I fear, could lengthen due to many different factors so I see Jan 23 as the best possible scenario. 

Countering this, Lotus could decide at any moment to add a shift earlier for the i4.  I can see this happening if China (Geely) demands it for their local market. Nobody knows.

The 400HP rumour for the i4 for China and possibly global i4 release has not been confirmed to me. Given how long away the i4 is this is anybody's guess and I suspect Lotus can change their minds on this over and over again.

Originally the 368HP figure was clearly a play for meeting CO2 regs. This has not changed and might get even worse by the time the i4 is released (though I am not sure if Lotus will THEN have to meet them). Countering that one is that if China go to 400HP then I cannot see a way that they cannot offer that to the UK/global market and I see perhaps two editions coming out - one at 368 and one at 400 for those who don't care.

Again, we know bugger all as Lotus don't even know, and even if they did know, it may well change. Any fact now was just a fact now and that fact can change. 😃:wallbash:

• Thanks 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

China is getting the same 400bhp V6 at launch as the rest of the world. The Lotus big boss said so.

Therefore I don’t see why China won’t be getting the same 360bhp I4 as everyone else when it finally gets to production.

Whether a higher powered I4 will follow later, is anyone’s guess but I guess likely. Again I would expect this to be the same in all markets where it is compliant.

It’s about time Lotus gave out some real clarification as to what we will and will not be getting, to allow everyone to make factual decisions rather than based on rumours, before making the soon to be requested non-refundable deposits.

If they don’t know by now, they clearly launched FAR too soon.

1 hour ago, Nimbus-in-Notts said:

If they don’t know by now, they clearly launched FAR too soon.

That’s a given, couldn’t miss the opportunity to use Goodwood as a launch window but also wouldn’t have been fully aware of the impact of component delays at that time. Still, better than TVR 😖 at least Lotus already have a factory 🙄

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

We know that January will be a big month for news on the V6. Hopefully, they have read all the concerns and have more general info ready to share with the world.

It would be great to hear more about:

• Service Packs and Maintenance options
  • How cars are serviced globally and provision of parts (say in a big crash)
  • Update on the i4 and official delivery dates and global roll-out
  • Base spec price (as it can't be long until Lotus start taking those orders)
  • Car pick-up details - Is it the dealer or Hethel, or is there a choice?
  • PPF/Ceramic options
  • Finance options
  • When and where we can view cars in different colours and if this is BEFORE final commitment

19 minutes ago, DaveC72 said:

Another couple of weeks down the road and still nothing... zilch... nada... 

First edition i4 available from Autumn 22. There will be info re V6 beforehand. What more is there to say at this point in time 🤔

2 hours ago, Evotion said:

We know that January will be a big month for news on the V6. Hopefully, they have read all the concerns and have more general info ready to share with the world.

• PPF/Ceramic options
  • Finance options
  • When and where we can view cars in different colours and if this is BEFORE final commitment

I would quite like to add to your list...

• Will a 6'3" driver actually be able to see through the windscreen?

From all the reports of tall people so far - yes.

It seems it is the shorted people who have struggled a touch with the Emira but I assume that is down to the less flexible pre-production seat in the demo vehicle.

You will have a better view of those lovely front haunches!

Well, I know the show car seat position was not correct (too high) but my head was quite close to the roof and my eyes were about level with the top of the windscreen - I had to 'hunch down' in order to see through properly, it was a long way off good enough for me :(  I asked Scott how much lower the seat will be on production cars and he couldn't tell me for certain.

• Gold FFM
5 hours ago, duncx said:

I would quite like to add to your list...

• Will a 6'3" driver actually be able to see through the windscreen?

I was told the design criteria was 6'3" wearing a helmet should be able to get into a good driving position without the helmet clashing on the inside of the roof.

8 hours ago, Evotion said:

• PPF/Ceramic options
  • Finance options
  • Pick up options are: collect from factory, collect from dealer, have it delivered to your house (or I guess to any other address like you office if you want to flaunt it :)  ...or more practically, direct to your PPF installer)
  • PPF/Ceramic will be via dealer or own arrangement
  • Finance options are coming in January, including options on part exchanging current car

The other stuff I haven't heard any more about in the last few weeks.

11 minutes ago, TomE said:

I was told the design criteria was 6'3" wearing a helmet should be able to get into a good driving position without the helmet clashing on the inside of the roof.

Reminds me of Magnum P.I. and half his head popping out of the Ferrari roof.

Great days...

24 minutes ago, TomE said:

Pick up options are: collect from factory, collect from dealer, have it delivered to your house

Is this an option for real? Not sure if there is irony in this. Only in the UK, I assume.

I wouldn't be surprised if we don't get significant i4 details until mid 2022 when they actually sell/deliver V6s.  They wouldn't want to distract from the initial sales.  Communicating i4 price and potentially performance could have people choose to wait or switch their configuration, similar to how other OEMs don't fully disclose year to year model changes or new trims.

1 hour ago, Evotion said:

Reminds me of Magnum P.I. and half his head popping out of the Ferrari roof.

Great days...

Not particularly tall but high torso to leg ratio…

13654531-46CE-44DF-9BD2-32B37BAE9C18.jpeg

• Like 1

19 hours ago, duncx said:

Well, I know the show car seat position was not correct (too high) but my head was quite close to the roof and my eyes were about level with the top of the windscreen - I had to 'hunch down' in order to see through properly, it was a long way off good enough for me :(  I asked Scott how much lower the seat will be on production cars and he couldn't tell me for certain.

I'm with you on this. The seat in the show car was way too high for me with my eye line right at the top of the windscreen. It isn't just a matter of headroom, but also of wanting to feel part of the car rather than perched on it. Lotus customer services have told me that the seat will be 2cm lower in the production car, with the hip point at the lowest setting comparable with the Sparcos in the Evora GT410. I'm concerned this still won't be low enough as the 410 seats were too high for me - again not so much a matter of headroom as wanting to feel lower in the car.   

Morning folks.

I had a very early deposit in but cancelled when I became a bit uncomfortable about committing without seeing a production car and without finance options. I'm considering putting a deposit in again which will obviously fix those 2 concerns as it looks like 2023 or maybe even 2024 at this stage for a base i4. Just wondering if that's a fair guess? Can I even put a deposit down and ask for a base edition at this stage or are they all for FE's? Any advice gratefully received.

Spoken with local dealer, they suggested an order today would not get delivered until 2024 (don't know what part of the year, assume earlier rather than later.) But no discussion about the various models.

• Like 1