Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

Eagle7

On 05/12/2021 at 00:23, Eagle7 said:

Apparently I've reach the limit of the size of files I can post, so I can only post that one image above.

If you upgrade your account, you will get considerably more storage space:

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/store/category/2-subscriptions/

Otherwise, you can host the images elsewhere and link to them from here. 

(Great work on the renders, btw). 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Excellent work. I'm more at a loss for color than ever though.

The configurator has been updated, and though some here say the colors are more representative now, I find the blue and shadow grey - the two colors we have actual pictures of - really bad matches in the configurator compared to pictures and what I've seen (the blue one), not a place of confidence.

Seneca blue is a bit too light for me, I would've preferred a deeper blue. The shadow grey looks nice in pictures. But the red... if it looks like the renders here, wow, a true contender.

As a reminder of Fire Red on the Evora - in average daylight conditions. 

20210928_121847.thumb.jpg.0a2add5e1a3e276e41984e546f0c2f91.jpg

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

6 hours ago, Evotion said:

As a reminder of Fire Red on the Evora - in average daylight conditions. 

20210928_121847.thumb.jpg.0a2add5e1a3e276e41984e546f0c2f91.jpg

This is good for a reference.  It's amazing how subdued it is under overcast light.  Doesn't even look like a metallic, more like a glossy enamel.  Not as much red; more towards a brownish color.  Do you have any of it in direct sunlight?

Magma outside under dull drizzly daylight conditions.  All pictures taken at the same time.  See how the light plays on the surfaces.

F79A7A39-89C0-44FD-8F54-32EB32330503.jpeg

D64EC61A-B849-4EC1-8E11-039E5F222BE4.jpeg

F3CFBD42-D461-4E25-AA0E-A038E607DA4C.jpeg

3E431E87-80D8-4103-BA12-3A9721F10AF3.jpeg

0E1CDBD6-9196-4A20-B1B0-A1387BCB8D11.jpeg

• Like 1

Aghh, there I dont like the red so much.

Ha. Have to laugh. Just choose one and stick with it. The car will look amazing in anything.

• Gold FFM

January for proper pictures of real cars painted in the real colours.

In the meantime we can keep re-visiting the configurator multiple times per day and looking at similar cars in similar colours.  Imagine if they'd had 13 colours to chose from! :) 

On 05/12/2021 at 00:23, Eagle7 said:

Magma has a wild range of colors and shades from what I've seen in photos of the samples, so it's been a challenge to come up with something that looks and feels right.  That's the color I'm not entirely satisfied with yet, but I'll keep tweaking it until I get it right.

EmiraSi-1.thumb.png.7b394dd9aacd524e987de67c0177a7cd.png

Apparently I've reach the limit of the size of files I can post, so I can only post that one image above.

Thanks for this! But I'm now not sure about black wheels, and maybe black pack....aaaaaarrrrrggggghhhh 😂🤣😂

I started off with black pack and black wheels and have now firmly decided on just the lower black packs and getting the silver wheels.

12 hours ago, TomE said:

January for proper pictures of real cars painted in the real colours.

In the meantime we can keep re-visiting the configurator multiple times per day and looking at similar cars in similar colours.  Imagine if they'd had 13 colours to chose from! :) 

to look at on real computer monitors, which TBH are not brilliant at representing metallic car colours 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Pugwash said:

Magma outside under dull drizzly daylight conditions.  All pictures taken at the same time.  See how the light plays on the surfaces.

F79A7A39-89C0-44FD-8F54-32EB32330503.jpeg

D64EC61A-B849-4EC1-8E11-039E5F222BE4.jpeg

F3CFBD42-D461-4E25-AA0E-A038E607DA4C.jpeg

3E431E87-80D8-4103-BA12-3A9721F10AF3.jpeg

0E1CDBD6-9196-4A20-B1B0-A1387BCB8D11.jpeg

These look more red to me than the picture of the car in Fire Red, yet Magma is supposed to be Fire Red.  At this point I'm not sure what to do with this color.  I can't get it to look like the car in Fire Red because that doesn't behave like a metallic, it behaves like a gloss enamel.  If I do the color like the planforms you posted, people who've seen Fire Red say it doesn't look right.

@Eagle7

Excellent job!! Make some in blue!  Midnight Blue and Essex Blue 😉

For the few who know the difference

• 4 weeks later...

Great work with the renderings. I do hope that there will be more colors to choose from (or to special order) by the time the i4 is being put into production. I loved the Motorsport black I had on my Evora. Almost become bronze in the sun. Then turning black when in the shadows. Adding some golden stripes and wheels plus red mirrors...

It is likely correct @Eagle7 as that model has no glass and wheels and black trim.

If you factor that in , then one would see a  lot less of the bright metallic effect.

We know it is the dark Fire Red. No worries there. In the light in some angles it will look more red.

I think people are worrying too much. If it was  a 'normal' red then it would take way the drama of the new car. I like the fact the colors are 'different' for the FE. We will all grow to love them.