Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Alternate configurator renders of the other 4 FE colors

Eagle7

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Good work!  It's really hard to represent the colours and paint finish in a render.  I've seen the samples indoors under artificial light and outdoors on a sunny day.  I think the metallic colours  need more fleck/pop.  Magma is a bit darker on the samples and Hethel is brighter.

EF Smudger IMG_20211101_125703.jpg

EF Smudger IMG_20211101_125711.jpg

(pics from Smudger)

• Like 1

Oooh! I'd put a deposit on a car with your Dark Ardent. I think it'll end up darker though based on the other pics.

Wish we knew more about the I4 and I had more garage space.....

Yep, I'd change my mind and get this green for sure.  Agh.. if only Lotus can get one made this month we can visit.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• Gold FFM

Even Hethel yellow looks more realistic in these new renders - if it's that shiny, I'm sticking with it, even without any metallic flake!

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

26 minutes ago, simonb said:

if verdant is empire green, I used the pictures from Hofmann's as reference

https://hofmanns.co.uk/sold-car/lotus-evora-gt430/

Well, that's as good a reference as any.  I think verdant may be a colour that works best in places like Australia, Florida and California where the default is lots of sun.  It seems to flop to black as soon as it's out of direct light.  Eg, this video:  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JimH said:

Even Hethel yellow looks more realistic in these new renders - if it's that shiny, I'm sticking with it, even without any metallic flake!

It will look awesome. Don;t  worry about non-metallic. It might be that it is the most preferred colour of all when all is said and done. If you are happy with it go for it.

6 hours ago, simonb said:

if verdant is empire green, I used the pictures from Hofmann's as reference

https://hofmanns.co.uk/sold-car/lotus-evora-gt430/

Looks great there but in the Empire video below the post it looks super dark as initially believed.

Bloody nightmare really.  A lot of us, judging by the first colour poll, wanted the green. Lotus.. please make it Motorsport Green. 

Got it.  Figured out how to do no black pack.

72839938_Hethelnoblackpack1.thumb.png.325483da2e7d62a75064b1b82dae71ee.png

2 hours ago, Nick in Sydney said:

Fantastic job.  Thanks again for doing this!!  Would love to see a series of the Nimbus with no black pack.

Any other choices for the Nimbus? Wheels, calipers, seats?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

That looks spot on to me - with those lighting conditions.  Great color for accentuating the curves.

It is one of my pics. Only seeing the green in real life, and it looks the bomb, might change that.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Eagle7 said:

Here's a couple more for you then!

1792829989_NickinSydney1.thumb.png.90d507788cbd7266a6bdc932ddd2778f.png

606972015_NickinSydney2.thumb.png.878cdb016827f13678ae6b4cdbddd5a4.png

Brilliant.  Finally a render that is close to showing the metallic variation of this.  Great work.

Great work @Eagle7!!! I think you've nailed nimbus and verdant! The magma renders look great too but can't decide if they're realistic...such a hard colour to judge, and that's after seeing the samples and speed forms in person...twice 😂 I'm surprised how well magma with yellow calipers works, it's not a combination I would have ever thought of.

Any chance of a nimbus with black pack, black wheels, red calipers and red interior??

Magma has a wild range of colors and shades from what I've seen in photos of the samples, so it's been a challenge to come up with something that looks and feels right.  That's the color I'm not entirely satisfied with yet, but I'll keep tweaking it until I get it right.

EmiraSi-1.thumb.png.7b394dd9aacd524e987de67c0177a7cd.png

Apparently I've reach the limit of the size of files I can post, so I can only post that one image above.

• Thanks 1