Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Brooklands classic car show New Year’s Day 2022 - Regions & Events - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Brooklands classic car show New Year’s Day 2022

Gjk

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Always thought about it, always started drinking the night before.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I have to admit that I have NEVER been awake on New Year’s Day in the morning!

It will be an interesting experience…

It’s only metal, it cannot win!

• Gold FFM

Similar to my first flight as cabin crew, when I realised you don't have to feel like a pile of poo after an 11-hour sector.

• Haha 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

I always found a few deep breath’s from the (on board) emergency oxygen bottle sorted most thick heads!

Not sure what is going to happen this time…….

I've attended this 5 years in a row, 4 of which in a Lotus. And always loved it! I don't really see the need to party just because we put another calendar on the wall so never minded getting up REAL early to cross the channel in time to be there shortly after opening. 😎

In 2020 my Elan let me down on the way there, 2021 shall not be mentioned and looks like 2022 isn't an option for me either unfortunately. 😞

If you're thinking about going, just do it, it's quite the experience and a great atmosphere!

Filip

• Like 1

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I am a Brooklands member, the New Year's Day event is a pleasant morning out. 

Since I joined in 2008, the team have done amazing work to improve this historic and important site. It was Britain's first purpose built motor circuit. It deserves our support.

Justin

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I am looking forward to the event, and judging by the brooklands website my J registration just scrapes me through as a classic.

• Like 1

You can still go and park very nearby; just not on-site in the historic area. In reality, being in the throng is not very appealing, as it can be slow to get out again.

Justin

Last time I visited there was a supercar park just to the left of the main building, the main difference being you'd need to use a different entrance to get there. Certainly nothing to stop you from attending. 😉

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

I'd think with a Lotus you'd not have much trouble getting onto the historic site, I never had problems while the similarly aged M3 in front of me was turned back without hesitation. The supercar park is usually filled with recent fast/expensive cars, probably to make the owners feel special. (I should add that is nice to stroll around there as well, always some rare types to be seen).

• Gold FFM

Shame you don’t fancy it @Chillidoggy, the other car park mentioned really is close by. Plus you’re more than welcome round ours for a cup of tea on the way home.

Just looked at the ticket prices Grahame. £40 for two adults! 190 mile round trip, so about £52's worth of Super Unleaded. throw in a couple of cups of tea and a bacon bap, and it's nearly £100 for the day.

Is it really that good?

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Fear not, it is lovely on NYD.  Yes, on occasion I am sufficiently Compos Mentis.

I have been there the last 3 years in the Esprit. Engine is out at the moment so I will go in my AZ-1.

The AZ-1 has been to Brooklands once before and drew so much attention I was diverted to park in front of the clubhouse where I was interviewed and videoed.

• Like 2