Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
PPF/ Ceramic coating before collection - Page 2 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

PPF/ Ceramic coating before collection

15 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

I did similar to that price and coverage on my Evora, although mine didn’t end up looking like a Porsche.

Can’t see me ever spending £5k on paintwork protection. You’ll never get that back.

It’s more because PPF is done in section and I dislike the gaps and the fact that it lifts up / yellows. Maybe I will change my mind closer to the time! 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'm pretty sure XPEL offer a large warranty against lifting/yellowing. Might be worth calling your local installer or I have some friends in Kent who do this for a living and would be glad to have a chat with you about it if you like?

www.supercarpaintprotection.com

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

What's stopping people from applying the Ceramic Coating themselves? Plenty of choices out there for people wanting to do it themselves and at a significant saving to a Detailer.

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

On 10/01/2022 at 12:33, Bibs said:

I'm pretty sure XPEL offer a large warranty against lifting/yellowing. Might be worth calling your local installer or I have some friends in Kent who do this for a living and would be glad to have a chat with you about it if you like?

www.supercarpaintprotection.com

That’s actually very kind. I will give them a call when I get a delivery date from Lotus! Thank you 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

On 07/01/2022 at 19:36, Denno said:

Spoke to Rybrook, they use Elite Detailing in Solihull which is very close to the dealership. Had a quick chat with them and they estimate around £4K for full PPF.

That's useful info, thanks.  I'm also local to Rybrook and, whilst PPF wasn't a thing when I bought my S2000 in 2002(!), I am contemplating it.  I don't think I could stomach the cost of full PPF but protection of the vital areas is attractive.

Edited by PaperLawyer

• 4 months later...

I was told by one company that they are the only ones to have the pattern and everyone else has to come to them. Can't recall who it was now - was a phone call - but might be sales bollocks.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 4 weeks later...

Well, after having a good look around I decided to go with GVE in London, for the PPF and other work,  and will have my car delivered there and then delivered back to me.

My rationale was based on the incredible service I have received as a browser in their showroom.

What I did find REALLY interesting is a thing called Carbon PPF!!!   Wow. I will hopefully add this to the black plastic throughout and update my order with GVE. I will need to see it first. Never been a fan of carbon wrap over plastics but this is supposed to be a higher level of quality and has that added protection of being actual PPF.

I managed to get 10% of my total order and Luke was happy to pass this on to anybody else, whatever the size of order. As I am going for the whole shebang and more it saved me about £600. Helps my channel too.

Other suppliers are available! Conduct your own due diligence and make sure they offer the full prep service. Hope this helps though.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 3 months later...

Now that production cars are at dealers and some have been delivered can anyone post photos of where the factory fitted PPF is, and any opinions on whether it is enough? Im not a fan of plastering the car with loads of PPF and would just rather keep it limited to the most vulnerable areas.

I can now reply to my own question having just visited Rybrook in Bristol where they have a Nimbus Grey car with black pack. The only ppf fitted from factory is a small piece behind the front wheels - none at the door bottom, like the Evora has and also protection on the rear wheel arch ahead of the year wheel as per Evora.

PXL_20221101_121811589.jpg

PXL_20221101_121717175.MP.jpg

PXL_20221101_121734840.jpg

Edited by Whitey
  • Like 2