Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Our Factory Visit - Colours in the flesh, Suspension and Quality Control - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Our Factory Visit - Colours in the flesh, Suspension and Quality Control

Evotion

Thank you for that, Ade.   (Personally, glad to read your comments on Nimbus Grey!)

More generally, re the Sport/Tour aspect, many interested will be familiar with the last range of cars so in discussions with those that know, such as the development driver that you mention, getting some comparisons would be very useful. Especially for those having to confirm their orders ahead of practical experience. 

I believe you have driven an Exige 410. I've experienced most of the previous range with my current benchmark being the Elise Cup 250. Not wanting a daily driver, I'm inclined to order Sport, but not if it's any firmer than the Cup 250.  The Evora GT410 Sport was fine for me - I've not had  the chance of a 430. Can you, or any informed others, make comparisons?  Thanks.

Edited by mdavies

Nice one Ade…..I bet you all had a ball. Hethel is a very special place and the rate of change happening right now is brilliant to witness!😎 Not long now!👍👍👍

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, mdavies said:

Thank you for that, Ade.   (Personally, glad to read your comments on Nimbus Grey!)

More generally, re the Sport/Tour aspect, many interested will be familiar with the last range of cars so in discussions with those that know, such as the development driver that you mention, getting some comparisons would be very useful. Especially for those having to confirm their orders ahead of practical experience. 

I believe you have driven an Exige 410. I've experienced most of the previous range with my current benchmark being the Elise Cup 250. Not wanting a daily driver, I'm inclined to order Sport, but not if it's any firmer than the Cup 250.  The Evora GT410 Sport was fine for me - I've not had  the chance of a 430. Can you, or any informed others, make comparisons?  Thanks.

Yeah, I have forgotten but Lotus did somewhat confirm the older models that represent the setups. @TomE and others will know.

The 410 Sport Exige I drove was brutal and was a handful to keep hold of... Loved it. :)

So still Sports for me BUT it will be a 2nd/3rd car for me.

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

Thank you, Tom, very helpful to me as I know both the Series 1 Evora S and the GT410 Sport. So it will be Sport on my Emira order, subject to Gav Kershaw's words of course.

• Like 1

Nope, was not allowed but I am hoping to go back there with a camera and permission!

The new configurator coming online next week had much more realism in its presentation.

• Like 1

Maybe those nearer the front of the order queue are getting a bit of a preview.

See there was mention of the first press car being ready apparently for TG, I wonder when they will actually be allowed to get their hands on it, and not just round the test track.

Ha, we did ask about that and the centre stripe - no change. Looks like it won't have it but one can hold out hope.

Ah. forgot to mention, we did see a Nardo Grey Pre-production Emira too!

It actually looked excellent. Unfortunately, every single car we saw will be destroyed. I try not think about it 😥

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, KJD said:

Yes, yes, yes, that’s all very well, but have they found any red thread for my steering wheel? 

They’ve found the thread.  They’re looking for a few people with sewing machines :) 

Joking aside, they haven’t managed to sort this yet but haven’t given up and are still trying to find a solution.  It may or may not get sorted.   

2 hours ago, TomE said:

Because, for various reasons, Lotus were interested in feedback from a small cross-section of customers about various topics and took a decision on which customers they would like to hear from at this point in time.

They knew the four of us going would result in "why didn't I get invited" from various people.  But on balance they decided it would be beneficial to have us there and also to let us share what we had seen and heard, rather than gag us with NDAs.

I think the way it was  described in another place/forun..... some of us that have been more vocal about things 🤣🤣

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TomE said:

They’ve found the thread.  They’re looking for a few people with sewing machines :) 

Joking aside, they haven’t managed to sort this yet but haven’t given up and are still trying to find a solution.  It may or may not get sorted.   

I find this strange as in the last 2 months they have just made redundant/moved people to other departments that were doing this very trim work for many years....

Edited by Murdock

The important thing here is that IF Lotus have moved anybody it will be for the pure benefit of delivering an excellent car.  They have , and still are, employing staff.

• Like 1

To do factory collections they will need a team on site doing the Pre Delivery Inspections (PDI) and registrations and handover that the dealers usually do.