Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
BOE CAI - Worth It? - Page 3 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

BOE CAI - Worth It?

18 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m not sure how much manufacturing that BOE themselves actually do. The filters and housings themselves are manufactured by ITG. In Coventry. 🤣

That's why I made my own with Ramair parts as the 99% same parts used on another branded air kit supplier at x5 the price.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

Classic supply chain, manufactured in Coventry, freighted to the US with tax and duties paid ordered from the UK freighted back to the UK with tax and duties paid.

Probably save a good few hundred if they had a UK supplier but probably numbers aren't worth the effort. 

Not sure if I really understand this issue but hasn’t BOE made the metal pipe bits and then done the testing with ECU ?

of course their mark up is mega I suspect but that reflects lower economy of scales so for the spanner’s like me who doesn’t know one end of a air kit paying the £700 is what we have to pay ! 
anyway it’s done and am enjoying the change to car presence etc 😁

That looks very good indeed...  Brace yourself for many requests for a list of parts and their sources!

Mine's currently standard, though it had a CAI which previous owner EGET on here removed and apparently sold to Bibs! (higher up in the discussion).  From what everyone says about the volume, I may wait until I've heard one at a LDC trip or similar before I decide whether to go down this route :-).  I like my relatively quiet cruising with just the Sports exhaust!

7 hours ago, NAC63 said:

Got my DIY kit fitted over weekend thanks to EvoraBobs design.

20220221_121531.jpg

20220221_121537.jpg

20220221_121548.jpg

20220219_162917.jpg

Oh bugger, so I stuck a K&N in last summer , looks like I may have wasted some cash as this has jumped onto the jobs list for this year .....

• Like 1

Ok, I am back on the market looking over the next few months.  Just got this from BOE

Regarding the CAI we are now having an issue getting the ducting that is included. I was shocked to find out that it is going to be 2 months before we get our order in. Before now we have never had an issue with this product. I greatly apologize for this huge inconvenience. Supply chain issues are affecting our fulfillment times and it is causing great frustration on our end as well.

They've given me a refund, and I've said I will reorder if I haven't been able to source something else.  Didn't want to leave over $700 tied up for months, when I can just reorder.

Thoughts?

2 hours ago, Cdm2018 said:

Chris

are you able to do what Carl and Bob have created ? As I fear the the purchase options are indeed limited to almost nothing if BOE can’t oblige ?

have you checked GRP in US to see if they have any BOE kits in stock ?

@Cdm2018 that’s the hope/idea. As the BOE kit does have the ITG logo on it, I’ve asked them again, to see if my local dealer and them can fashion something!

On 21/02/2022 at 14:42, NAC63 said:

Got my DIY kit fitted over weekend thanks to EvoraBobs design.

20220221_121531.jpg

20220221_121537.jpg

20220221_121548.jpg

20220219_162917.jpg

@NAC63 what size did you use for the t piece, in  @EvoraBoboriginal spec the pipe on the throttle body is 80mm all I can find is a 76mm with 20mm tapping , is that what you used and stretched it onto the TB ?

Ta C

Ok, I’ve found someone in the US (Monkey Wrench Racing) that has existing BOE stock. I’ve ordered, and it’s on route. Fingers crossed. It actually worked out cheaper than direct, due to cheaper shipping. 

I did try ITG directly, and this was not possible, as they only provide the canister, and recommended a US source like BOE.

10 hours ago, cdco said:

@NAC63 what size did you use for the t piece, in  @EvoraBoboriginal spec the pipe on the throttle body is 80mm all I can find is a 76mm with 20mm tapping , is that what you used and stretched it onto the TB ?

Ta C

Cdco All the pipe work is 76mm internal diameter, the T piece is 76/76/25 although 20mm would be better with a further reducer to 15mm for the breather. The 76mm pipe work fits over the throttle body no problem. Cheers Neil.

11 hours ago, Harey said:

Ok, I’ve found someone in the US (Monkey Wrench Racing) that has existing BOE stock. I’ve ordered, and it’s on route. Fingers crossed. It actually worked out cheaper than direct, due to cheaper shipping. 

I did try ITG directly, and this was not possible, as they only provide the canister, and recommended a US source like BOE.

Chris 

hopefully you read the shipping info as you will be using UPS they collect the customs payment prior to delivery however their payment system persistently failed when I tried to use it this week and in the end I had to dig out my old cheque book to pay the driver direct.

the driver even told me that their system was pants including customer care phone centre who were clueless 

I am not sure but it seems to bypass the custom payment if you specify a business address as delivery point then there no charge ???? 

10 hours ago, NAC63 said:

Cdco All the pipe work is 76mm internal diameter, the T piece is 76/76/25 although 20mm would be better with a further reducer to 15mm for the breather. The 76mm pipe work fits over the throttle body no problem. Cheers Neil.

Neil thanks just on the  ASH website....

28 minutes ago, cdco said:

Neil thanks just on the  ASH website....

All the parts I found on ebay but I had to wait about 3 weeks for the maf tube as I could only sourse one from China.

Screenshot_20220224-200054_eBay.jpg

Edited by NAC63
Add pictures