Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Road Tests & Reviews - Page 25 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Road Tests & Reviews

Bibs

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Lots of people on other forums think the opposite so I think it might take a bit more than one view from an Emira deposit holder to give that credibility. Each to their own of course but selling an Evora GT410 for an Emira makes no sense to me unless I always wanted a less focused, more daily useable all rounder with more modern interior and found myself owning an Evora by mistake.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Interesting discussion and views here from some well respected Lotus owners with different "reference cars". What I make out of it is, one must test drive the Emira to see whether it fits or not. Still like to see how it compares to a well sorted Evora S or 410 PhilSpec car driving wise (Feel, Brakes, Steering, Suspension).
Sadly no Emira will be delivered in 2022 in Switzerland and no test drive available either... Not sure about the Lotus sales "strategy".. 😉

For the few who know the difference

Less brash?! Not a word that has been associated with the Evora. Neither are they known for being impractical or difficult to live with, Emira looks less practical in some regards such as less luggage room and 2 seater only.

Just goes to show how much styling and hype matters for sports car sales. We still have no evidence from the factory or anywhere else that the Emira offers any improvement in performance over the 2015 Evora 400. The biggest change is styling inside and out and the results speak for themselves. In a more rational world they would have sold a lot more Evoras and a few less Emiras.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rambo said:

And I would argue the contrary. I actually think the Evora is better looking than the Emira.

Agree on this, but it may be easier to live with than my car but no better than a 400/410 +2 ? Hope to have a go some time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

How do you know it's easier to live with?

Because after many many test drives customers have said they can see it being easier to live with than an Evora that is sitting next to it in the showroom! I am just passing on info that I have been given by the people who have bought them, not those who haven't! 

The Evora IS NOT A BAD CAR, and i never said it was. They are similar but different and appeal to different people. But as @Bibscommented on another post fortunately we all like different things

• Like 1

The Emira is the latest shiny shiny bling and people buying one will of course think it is the best thing ever. And by the way, good for them. If it makes them happy then who cares?

I do find it funny that I have NOT SEEN one mention from an Emira deposit holder/buyer re the fact it is a +0. Whip me with a cracked leather whip (please, please do!|), BUT, some of those people so derided a +0 Evora as a car that they could NEVER own due to wife, kids, whatever.  Funny how shiny shiny new bling changes peoples minds/perceptions lol... ;)

I'm still waiting for the Emira I4 shiny shiny Gold Cup 450 GT4RS Special - black carbon edition! Hopefully in Fire Red to sit next next to my uber exclusive 1 of 2 in the World Evora Sport 410!

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

It's not flippancy, it's banter. And banter is good. Banter is the route to a happy life, even if you have an unhappy wife!

Who gives a shit if people "think" one is better/easier than t'other if they've never owned/driven t'other and in most cases haven't even owned/driven t'other they like?

It's like saying Kylie would be easier to live with than your missus, when all you've ever done is driven and lived with your missus, not Kylie! How'd you really know till you'd driven and lived with Kylie which one was truly the easiest to live with? And Kylie being so small, you could fit her and her sister Danni in the back of one, but not t'other! How's that for easy to live with?

Plus, the punters what came into the showroom, came in to see Kylie, not your missus, so no wonder they were smitten when they saw Kylie, and not your missus.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

I've not heard from anyone who has test driven an Emira saying it will be easier to live with than an Evora.

Where are they all hiding?

Not hiding here my review is on the previous page. 

My test drive is on Thursday and I’ll be driving down in my Evora of 11 years and 40k miles and have had many Lotuses over the last 40 years. I’ll let you know what I honestly think after my test drive and if I see it as an additional £50k well spent or if I decide to cancel my Jan build car and keep my brilliant NA Evora longer. One thing I know already is that the Emira is easier to get into / out of than my NA. It will definitely be quicker, but will it be as fun…………… looking forward to Thursday👍

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

It's like saying Kylie would be easier to live with than your missus, when all you've ever done is driven and lived with your missus, not Kylie! How'd you really know till you'd driven and lived with Kylie which one was truly the easiest to live with?

I reckon Kylie will be a total 'mare to live with. That said you still would wouldn't you? I bloody would :wub:

• Love 1

13 minutes ago, Whitey said:

My test drive is on Thursday and I’ll be driving down in my Evora of 11 years and 40k miles and have had many Lotuses over the last 40 years. I’ll let you know what I honestly think after my test drive and if I see it as an additional £50k well spent or if I decide to cancel my Jan build car and keep my brilliant NA Evora longer. One thing I know already is that the Emira is easier to get into / out of than my NA. It will definitely be quicker, but will it be as fun…………… looking forward to Thursday👍

Either way I'll take the one you decide you don't want....... 

Dave.

8 hours ago, Whitey said:

One thing I know already is that the Emira is easier to get into / out of than my NA

To be fair the Evora 4xx cars are much easier than the S1. The Emira is lower roofline, iirc, so cannot see how it will be "easier" than a 4xx. Look forward to your honest review.

The small print.