Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
M100 Elan market watch - Page 6 - M100 Elan - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

M100 Elan market watch

jep

Blimey, with a name like that he must own a castle in Scotland. Or a Schloss in Bavaria.

I've never come across Fred, as I'm not a F/B user but I don't think he hangs out on LEC. Geof (there's only 1 'effin Smith) might know him so there could be some collusiin re. the S2 register

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a guy called James, he had previously had a list of M100's - including S2's I think.

He has a white S2, and lives in Cornwall is on LEC (jpmlooe), met him at the Hendy meets. Don't think he is on here though.

2 for the price of 1?     both poor.

Title says Lotus Europa.....but are 2 M100's

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/433730965190508

No photo description available.

No photo description available.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Rambo said:

£1400 max. Sold to our man in Exeter

Surely a (basket) case for lotus rescue.  @johnpwalsh

• Gold FFM
27 minutes ago, exeterjeep said:

Surely a (basket) case for lotus rescue.  @johnpwalsh

Never had a basket case yet. 4 saved and returned to the road with full MOT's and in good roadworthy condition. One even looked far worse than that Red one when 1st collected. One gone to Australia, where believe me, they are strict on their imports. One to Germany, one to France and one to central London. Every owner more than happy with them. AND the price they bought them for.

• Like 1

See this car that was re-built by SWLC was sold by them at the end of August - their advert on their web site has it advertised at £12995, is now for sale on https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1499755 at £17995 

Probably the wrong time of year to try to make a profit like this.

1990 Lotus Elan For Sale (picture 1 of 12)

Just outside Exeter £9975   Black wheels? Mot just about to expire. But dealer adjacent to MOT station.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209179852417

Image 1 of 6

On 14/09/2022 at 03:38, exeterjeep said:

See this car that was re-built by SWLC was sold by them at the end of August - their advert on their web site has it advertised at £12995, is now for sale on https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1499755 at £17995 

Probably the wrong time of year to try to make a profit like this.

1990 Lotus Elan For Sale (picture 1 of 12)

How can anyone try and flog on a written off car at £17,995 which they purchased for substantially less 

Hopefully no one will get ripped off by them 

Not really the right story there Colin.  The car was built over several years on a new chassis with mostly new parts.  The only thing the write off donated was the reg number.  It clearly wouldn't suit anyone wanting originality, but it is in effect the newest M100 out there having been built at least 25 years after the factory stopped...

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

I know they spent loads on it, as many new parts as they could find, others were reconditioned etc. I was more wondering why the current owner, who has not had it long was trying to sell it so soon and for much more then they paid.. 

There seem to be a few for sale at a slightly lower price currently, suppose that's down to winter coming and the state of the price rises / economy etc. I have spent over £1500 on mine since Easter.

9 hours ago, MPx said:

Not really the right story there Colin.  The car was built over several years on a new chassis with mostly new parts.  The only thing the write off donated was the reg number.  It clearly wouldn't suit anyone wanting originality, but it is in effect the newest M100 out there having been built at least 25 years after the factory stopped...

So what chassis number does it have?

Justin 

No idea Justin.  I saw the car being built over the years but then Phil got into a lengthy debate with DVLA who wanted to put a Q plate on it while he wanted it reg'd as new.  The reg it has was the compromise result apparantly coming from a "donor" car.

Loving Lionel and Eleanor......missing Charlie and Sonny

Can't see anyway Phil would have got the  DVLA to agree to a new reg.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

And you haven't upgraded the brakes yet

Partial re-spray, refurb wheels some tyres, wind deflector, some seat treatment.

Window switch, wiper stalk, spare door trim panel.  .., Still its only money. I can get away with spending stuff, but not getting more whole cars.

If I sold the Evora could probably do a SWLC and build a whole new 300 hp electric M100. Sacrilege....

• 2 weeks later...

Just added to eBay, (been some discussion on LEC) about it.  No ECU but engine runs....???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234720746469

Rear lights are missing, ECU is missing, loom has been cut, needs various bits of welding, headlight assemblies need work, exhaust is rotten, seats need recovering, fuel pipes rotten, needs some brake pipes,1 handbrake cable, drivers door stripped as lock was seized, tyres are shot, wheels need refurbing and paint has micro blisters all over it. V5 will need applying for.

Also...

Turbo is good, Engine can be heard running and sounds ok

And, as I have mentioned to the owner several times on LEC, the engine can NEVER have been running in his ownership without an ECU !!!

FFS, the owner is a mechanical engineer too 🤔

He really is taking the pi$$

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Giniw said:

Riiiight

Loads of WD40 and some LM grease and they will be fine.

1 hour ago, Rambo said:

And, as I have mentioned to the owner several times on LEC, the engine can NEVER have been running in his ownership without an ECU !!!

Saw your responses on LEF, but he still says it runs.  He could do well with explaining how it runs without the ECU fitted, has it somehow been bypassed??? 

• Like 1