Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
demo cars at dealers ? - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

demo cars at dealers ?

Beady

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM
15 hours ago, Mctaff said:

over a grand to accept a car off a truck, check it over, then pull a cover off it for the customer and get a few bits of paper signed?

anyone want to pick up from my house? I'll throw in a decent espresso too!

Delivery charge for an Elise/Exige last year was £850.  Includes the transport company as well as the dealer.  Then registration and Year 1 VED on top.  All itemised on the dealer invoice.

The Emira delivery charge is slightly higher but similar ballpark.  Other marques sometimes hide the delivery charge in the list price. 

Ah, then, like Fagin from Oliver!, my favourite character of all time, I will reviewing the situation. 😄

download.jpg.00098ee6022d97618b6700cf347ba232.jpg

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

• 2 weeks later...

Not seen any update on here about when an Emira (or 2) may turn up at a retailer, so spoke to Hendy today and it looks like the May/June is now more like late June and probably more likely sometime in July.

• Gold FFM

Late June/early July was what I was told by Customer Care when they told me about the delay to my delivery date from June to July.

Lotus Driving Academy are expecting their fleet of Emiras in mid June.

On 07/05/2022 at 12:52, TomE said:

Lotus Driving Academy are expecting their fleet of Emiras in mid June.

May encourage a lot of bookings.

• Like 1

I was told July by rybrook in Bristol now for demos… previously may/june

7 hours ago, exeterjeep said:

May encourage a lot of bookings.

Cynically I feel they are milking the early adopters - pay for a tour to see the colours; pay for driving academy to get a test drive. Wtf??

😡

Edited by Mctaff

• Gold FFM

There has been talk before of them organising something for the first delivery batch (was June, now July).  I was told this by Lotus seniors and Customer Care but have heard nothing more about it recently.

At the "delivery minus 30 days" point they will be asking people to confirm their order (and delivery option, part ex, financing, pay balance etc).  If they don't offer test drives and there are no dealer demos available for that early group, then there's a risk some people will cancel or ask to defer delivery.

I realise everyone signed up to a pre-launch and took a calculated risk, with the possibility of having to take delivery without a test drive.  With the issues with lack of info and delayed parts and key things like seats not yet finalised, plus press reviews also delayed, I suspect some of the early batch may be more nervous now about taking a Month 1 car.

• Like 2

I’m confident the cars will be great to drive and sound great. Aside from everything else, just their experience and development with the Evora platform almost certainly guarantees that (despite the larger wheels).

For me, it’s the lack of being able to plan for using the car.

I should have been collecting in May, then June (had roadtrips planned for it!) and now it’s July. I was led to expect to see demo cars in showrooms no later than April/May and a lot of the chatter was around press reviews being released in Q1 and then again in the past few weeks, but now it’s May and still nothing…it’s one thing buying a car unseen/undriven by yourself, but there is the growing possibility that we won’t even have official pictures of a production car or a press review before we have to confirm our orders - If the July timeline holds.

So, given the uncertainties now being mentioned, I’m now not confident about a delivery before very late July. Therefore, I’m thinking that quite possibly the first time I’ll get to use it will be September - glad I specced the Dunlops…but the ‘shine’ for me will have gone by then as it’ll be back to commuting on a train and the weather will be turning and will possibly only use the car between 10-15 times until Spring 2023…

On that note, I’m sure they’ll be absolutely brilliant as daily drivers (but I won’t have that option 😩)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Mctaff said:

I was told July by rybrook in Bristol now for demos… previously may/june

Cynically I feel they are milking the early adopters - pay for a tour to see the colours; pay for driving academy to get a test drive. Wtf??

😡

I can feel your frustration, but this made me giggle.  From your experience so far, do you honestly think that there is that level of sophistication, planning and forethought...?

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TomE said:

I suspect some of the early batch may be more nervous now about taking a Month 1 car.

I think this will be the first new Lotus where the early adopters take less risk.  Historically I think first batch was more like beta testing

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DaveC72 said:

I can feel your frustration, but this made me giggle.  From your experience so far, do you honestly think that there is that level of sophistication, planning and forethought...?

Lol. Fair point!!

I’m overthinking it 😃

Edited by Mctaff

• 3 months later...

It might be helpful to generate a list of the cars at each UK dealer (once they arrive) -

assuming all v6 manual, key info being colour  / sport or touring / leather v alcantara

then it will easy to find the closest dealer with the colour / options we want to check out

I am pretty sure if all dealers have 2 cars then they will all have a sport/touring option but the colour is the big one.

In particular I need to know who has DV?

construction and property consultants : My company

• Gold FFM

We can start that as soon as the dealers know what they're getting - many don't and are now waiting to see what turns up.  Apparently now due to be delivered in last week of August for UK.

I was told that the my local dealer has given details of what cars they wanted, but I can't imagine that what actually turns up would be what they were expecting.

When Hendy gets its ones, I'll update.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Demos to Belgium first because of a shortage of parts for RHD cars.  Hence why most of the press and late-stage validation cars were LHD.  UK dealers were supposed to get demos in mid Aug but latest estimate is "by mid Sept".

Test drive bookings in the UK are going to be handled centrally by Lotus for the first few weeks, so early depositors are given first chance if they want a drive before having to commit to their orders.

Thierry Verhiest in Oostende has the first two (Shadow Grey and Hethel Yellow), the other Belgian dealers in Antwerp and Brussels expect theirs early next week.  PIcs here:

https://www.facebook.com/verhiest.lotus

• Like 2