Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
engine mounts - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

engine mounts

cor

has anyone ever had the need to have stiffer engine mounts for the esprit 4 cilinder engine?

And found something stiffer?

thanks, Cor

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The engine is shaking too much to my liking. Even after mounting new standard mounts.

I have mounted a charge cooler which touches the hood during acceleration.

With the washers in place above and below, there should not really be a lot of movement, yes it will oscillate but if you tighten this up then you'll just end up with that oscillation being transferred to the whole car.

I will chec if it is done properly.

What is the difference between the different colours:

Red is the stiffest?

1 hour ago, cor said:

The engine is shaking too much to my liking. Even after mounting new standard mounts.

I have mounted a charge cooler which touches the hood during acceleration.

The engine will move on its mounts, it’s supposed to. Are you trying to correct a problem that didn’t exist before you mounted the charge-cooler?

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, cor said:

Sounds like there’s something wrong with the running of that engine. Mine just sits purring.

• Like 2

Only here once

23 hours ago, cor said:

Have you examined the transmission mountings? :ermm:

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

John,

finally had some time to investigate, gearbox mounts are very bad which I will replace first.

Everyone thanks for your input!!

• Like 1