Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Page 2 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

7 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Is that for me?

If so, good question as it’s left me a little disappointed so far. Ideally I’d have liked Lotus to have delivered on time, March, Emira to have followed the lightweight principals of Lotus of the past and the wishes of Gavan for staggered wheel sizes to be worked with rather than same size all round as they look better that way. Minimum of 430hp as per the outgoing Evora and retention of 7200rpm rather than a strangled 6800rpm. Ease of use and better styling are very welcome of course but the car needs to be ahead of its rivals when it comes to driving, that hasn’t come across in the reviews I’ve seen although it’s still good. If I just wanted an easy car with good looks, I’d be happy.

Trevor.

you could have bought an Evora for that :)

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
6 hours ago, Graham Ridgway said:

I'm still pleased that I deferred to the i4.  Doesn't look like a December dlivery now though.  Happy to wait

I’m in the same boat, waiting for an i4. Possibly 2024/25 before it comes to Sweden. Only 4(!) V6 FE allocated this year to us up in the north. Well, well - I’ll have to live with the F-Type another year or rwo then 

26 minutes ago, Trevsked said:

Is that for me?

If so, good question as it’s left me a little disappointed so far. Ideally I’d have liked Lotus to have delivered on time, March, Emira to have followed the lightweight principals of Lotus of the past and the wishes of Gavan for staggered wheel sizes to be worked with rather than same size all round as they look better that way. Minimum of 430hp as per the outgoing Evora and retention of 7200rpm rather than a strangled 6800rpm. Ease of use and better styling are very welcome of course but the car needs to be ahead of its rivals when it comes to driving, that hasn’t come across in the reviews I’ve seen although it’s still good. If I just wanted an easy car with good looks, I’d be happy.

Trevor.

Ah yes, I have been through this and am still there.  I'm unconvinced that it'll be the car for me.  I changed to the i4 so at least I can get a drive of the V6 and see how the car pans out.  I quite like raw and probably won't value what the Emira brings to the party.  I thought the V6 in the Evora was uninspiring apart from the sound-track which seemed to be a main feature for excitement in reviews.  I fact it annoyed me.  I am probably the only one that felt that way.  But we'll see how it goes.

2 hours ago, Trevsked said:

I’m sure he’s a nice fella but he mentioned valued customers twice, I certainly don’t feel like I’ve been treated as such. And next to zip going on in the factory behind him whilst switching to views of building prototypes from a while ago. Felt to me like a release to just say we’ve kept to the price we advertised, which is what should happen anyway. We have come to expect and accept price hikes, doesn’t mean it’s right though.

Trevor.

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

Is that for me?

Trevor.

These sound like 100% different things. I’m fairly certain most production updates (comms) at this stage of the process would not include spec changes to any of the things you mention.

How cool would that be though? “Quick update everyone, our sincerest apologies but we could not sufficiently detune the engine and some idiot ordered the wrong valve springs, so you are getting a 470bhp 7800rpm V6 instead. Sorry”

I do hope the severe lack of DV cars in photos isn’t a paint supply issue!

On 16/06/2022 at 17:03, Trevsked said:

I’m sure he’s a nice fella but he mentioned valued customers twice, I certainly don’t feel like I’ve been treated as such. And next to zip going on in the factory behind him whilst switching to views of building prototypes from a while ago. Felt to me like a release to just say we’ve kept to the price we advertised, which is what should happen anyway. We have come to expect and accept price hikes, doesn’t mean it’s right though.

Trevor.

You say it should happen but when the BMW i8 came out there was a £3-5k (I forget) price increase between people placing orders and taking delivery and BMW basically said, pay it or don't get the car, tough poo.

Great that Lotus have kept the price as it was a year ago despite 10%? inflation levels.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

17% increase. That's going to stop a lot of people.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

Yep - The Emira was always excellent value in my eyes - based on look and overall experience.

It is starting to look like a steal.

We know at some point, Lotus will have to raise the prices - likely on the base Specs soon.

If you are on the fence - lock in now.

• Like 1

If it has an engine, I am there to thrash it.

My Emira Videos  |  Into Motorcycles? Motorcycle Channel

2 hours ago, Evotion said:

If you are on the fence - lock in now.

May be a bit more of an interest after TG tonight. Anyone undecided may be swayed by a good review. 

For sure. 

I do hope it is overwhelmingly flattering.

I am trying to get in a car myself. Of course, my review would be honest but very flattering. 🤩

From Matt's video there is no mention of delays on other cars, eg those customers (probably not many on here?) waiting for their Evija to be built/delivered.

3 hours ago, Stirling_Villeneuve said:

So what's the expected first delivery on i4's now? 

That is not yet clear.  Lotus customer services contradicted themselves in answer that question for me.  But on asking further questions, they said I would be contacted direct about the latest dates and when I need to fix my spec.  They had said end  of June for that, but they implied that was no longer the case, but I would be contacted.  They didn't really know to be honest!

I was a first batch/december delivery i4 deposit holder.  I assume I am still first batch, but no longer Dec 22.

Not trying to spook people out but all we can really know is what was said, and was not said might not be good for those not alluded to.

I would not wish to speculate further and I do hope all will be good but clearly it is a tough time.

I am preparing for the worst but still hoping for the best.

At the end of the day, and I have been clear on this, Lotus are 100% keen to get all of our cars out when they can. It is the pesky world we live in that is not helping matters.

1 hour ago, Graham Ridgway said:

That is not yet clear.  Lotus customer services contradicted themselves in answer that question for me.  But on asking further questions, they said I would be contacted direct about the latest dates and when I need to fix my spec.  They had said end  of June for that, but they implied that was no longer the case, but I would be contacted.  They didn't really know to be honest!

I was a first batch/december delivery i4 deposit holder.  I assume I am still first batch, but no longer Dec 22.

am in the same boat, and TBH if it is not a 2022 delivery, I would rather the delay was a bit longer to the march number plate change

2 hours ago, Evotion said:

Not trying to spook people out but all we can really know is what was said, and was not said might not be good for those not alluded to.

I would not wish to speculate further and I do hope all will be good but clearly it is a tough time.

I am preparing for the worst but still hoping for the best.

At the end of the day, and I have been clear on this, Lotus are 100% keen to get all of our cars out when they can. It is the pesky world we live in that is not helping matters.

That's quite a strong sentiment.  The "worst" can only refer to the financial plug getting pulled and us all ending up as creditors.  The only way to prepare for that is to get your deposit back so aren't a creditor surely?  Is that what you are thinking?