Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Update from Lotus - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Update from Lotus

Bibs

So that is the first customer Emira, see its RHD may be UK then, who ordered that colour....must be getting it soon.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, duncx said:

Prices held firm :thumbsup:

My £60K i4 looks to be still on the cards then :)

I'm not sure that's what he said, pretty sure he's referring to first editions really against signed up deposit holders.

great to finally see some comms!

matt said June deliveries though which is wrong!? 

Fully understand why there is a delay for the customers.

Chip shortage will go on well to the end of 2023... and that is just one example..
So yes, we all (customers and fans) have to be patient. And yes this is not a Lotus specific problem. I think the "feel" it more, because the Emira is so desirable.... 😉

For the few who know the difference

It will be interesting to see how it transpires.  Matt said they are struggling to ramp production as they are starting at 0 cars (obviously).  I twitched a bit there as it sounded like some big delays coming.  It is what it is but I am very much prepared for quite a few month's delay from the previously quoted december i4 date I had.

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, Mctaff said:

great to finally see some comms!

matt said June deliveries though which is wrong!? 

First batch was originally June and had already been delayed to July.  Now some further delays of "a few weeks for some, longer for others".  Last week I was told this general announcement was coming out this week, and that individual contact would be over the next 3 weeks for current July batch to confirm individual delivery dates.  

I assume they're doing another re-stack of the production schedules based on latest timings on component deliveries before they can speak to each of us.  We know auto gearboxes and wheels are an issue, potentially some other things too.

I’m sure he’s a nice fella but he mentioned valued customers twice, I certainly don’t feel like I’ve been treated as such. And next to zip going on in the factory behind him whilst switching to views of building prototypes from a while ago. Felt to me like a release to just say we’ve kept to the price we advertised, which is what should happen anyway. We have come to expect and accept price hikes, doesn’t mean it’s right though.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

6 hours ago, Cooper said:

Nice touch from Matt. 

I agree, the delays are really not surprising but being able to still honour the price, we’ll that’s certainly going to cost them.

I wonder, if they have everything they need for later order builds, will they go ahead and build them, and put the earlier orders they can't build on hold until they can get the parts?  For example, let's say they have early orders (date-wise) for a V6 with an auto, but those transmissions aren't shipping at the moment.  They have later orders (date-wise) for V6's with manual trans, and they have a supply of those.  Will they build the ones they can build, regardless of when they were ordered so they can get at least some customer cars produced?

3 minutes ago, Eagle7 said:

Will they build the ones they can build, regardless of when they were ordered so they can get at least some customer cars produced?

I would imagine so as they would want get paid for them. No point in holding cars back, it would be very damaging for cashflow.

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

That's what I would do.  I know that will be difficult for some early orders if their car isn't being delivered, but others who ordered later are getting their cars.  Under the circumstances though, it would make sense as a business decision.

It makes more sense from a business perspective. I do however think that'll be a moot point as they have thought long and hard about supply chains and are maximising commonality between the models. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.