Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
The Scottish Burnt Orange Evora LE - Evora Projects & Upgrades - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

The Scottish Burnt Orange Evora LE

mcdonaa

• Gold FFM

Ha ha to all...it is NOT being Sorned, and will be my daily. Currently I have a Ford Ka as my daily, as the Elise just isn't....really that practical. The Ka will be going to my daughter.

The Evora will just be kept in the garage where the Elise is at the mo....she needs looking after in those cold winter nights!

5 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

Congrats McDonaa! Paul‘s car looked like a cracker and well done for snapping it up 👍

Thank you. Like Barry has said, it was too good a price to ignore, and mechanically has all the good stuff done even though the miles are higher. I'm not worried about that at all. Cosmetically it is very very good, apart from the peppered front bumper. What a colour burnt orange is....just look at the two pics above. It doesn't look like the same colour!

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

It's a great colour, one of my favourites. Congrats.

Glad you are driving it all year round. Mine gets used in all weather as well. It's great in the depths of winter and will give you loads of confidence. Only downside is the demister is **** (though I had a heated windscreen before so I might have been spoiled)

• Like 1

• Gold FFM
20 hours ago, Techyd said:

Amazing! Here’s to many happy miles! 😃😃

Thanks, I hope so too 🙂

5 hours ago, TdM said:

It's a great colour, one of my favourites. Congrats.

Glad you are driving it all year round. Mine gets used in all weather as well. It's great in the depths of winter and will give you loads of confidence. Only downside is the demister is **** (though I had a heated windscreen before so I might have been spoiled)

I know, I love Burnt Orange...hence my Elise Elise being the same colour!

On 11/10/2022 at 18:56, mcdonaa said:

Hi all,

I'm Aaron from Hastings, East Sussex....and I'm the proud new owner of Paul's Evora LE that I'm sure most will have seen advertised on TLF.

I've been looking at it for quite a while, and been trying to get Paul to swap for my Elise S, but he needed the cash!

To say getting the Evora was a mission is a bit of an understatement! A 1000 mile round trip in a couple of days was quite tiring...compounded by the train strikes on Saturday and literally no plane tickets at sensible prices left....so hiring a car was the best way for us (me and my wife) to collect the car. 

A price was agreed with Paul, and a promise to pick it up that weekend...and the mission was on!

We hired a car mid afternoon on Saturday, and set off pretty much immediately. Luckily, my wife has family up in Seahouses Northumberland, so that was our target...hopefully for about 9pm.

The trip up was pretty uneventful, save for a very impressive air display over Duxford of the black/union jack liveried Eurofighter Typhoon right over the M11!

https://www.raf.mod.uk/news/articles/raf-typhoon-flies-the-flag-over-iconic-white-cliffs-ahead-of-battle-of-britain-anniversary/

A quick stay in the wife's cousins back garden (!) and we were off to Edinburgh airport at about 9am.

The hire Fiesta though was not great with a really badly knocking exhaust in the center. Enterprise hire did to be fair refund us £50… and the little Fiesta did an impressive 55mpg.

Hire car dropped off, Paul kindly picked us up from Edinburgh airport...and took us to his house for all the paperwork. I think there may have been some tears when we drove off!

Back to Seahouses for lunch, then we were off with a target of the Lake district for an overnight stay. We had no idea where we were staying...a quick booking on the road and we were set. We've never been before (in the day!) so that was a great experience staying next to lake Windermere.

Next morning it was destination Hastings...and again not too eventful other that a diversion through the lovely Staines because of an incident on the M25.

Back home at 6:30pm...very tired, but VERY happy with the Evora. Superbly comfortable (more than the Fiesta on the way up)...the cruise control an added bonus, and the mid range torque...mmmmm.

So, now to sell the Elise, and tuck the Evora up in the garage.

PXL_20221010_090626058.jpg

PXL_20221010_072307818.jpg

PXL_20221010_162829049.jpg

so glad my car when to a proper enthusiast and don't mind the low price as much lol! she is an incredible car and it was hard saying goodbye but hopefully you have many great trips in her. 

not been a great week for me, only had her replacement a week and radiators gone and all the garages are booked out for weeks! cars eh! 

Cheers Paul 

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

Thanks Paul, I will certainly look after her, and I think I will own her for quite a while!

Bummer on the replacement...you will have to get the spanners out then!

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Actually they are really really good. Once adjusted, it's just one center belt clip to do up/undo. It feels like they nicely clamp you into the seat. As I understand from Paul, it's easy to install and reverse if need be. You can also tuck the harness away and use the regular 3 point.

• Thanks 1