Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery - Page 4 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery

Abgreenbank

1 hour ago, Abgreenbank said:

Is this the reason for delays?

its just arrived in the mail

I don't work in automotive, but an educated guess based on my engineering background; the Certificate of Conformity (CofC) is a Lotus document to certify that a particular item (in this case your car) has been built in accordance with a particular design standard. The design standard will have separately been qualified, tested and certified to have been fit for purpose. I believe it would be the design standard that is submitted for the "Type approval" that Lotus have been rumoured to have been waiting for.

I would say the CofC itself is unlikely to be the cause of any delays.

What is probably the more interesting piece of information on the CofC is the entry under line 0.11; "Conforms in all respects....". That reference appears to be to the "Type approval" and was approved on the 3rd August 2022.

You'd have to ask Lotus how much of the 2 month between receiving type approval and manufacturing your car is down to a paperwork exercise and how much is down to parts shortages or other delays.

8 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

I received a similar one a little while after taking delivery of my 390 exige. It took forever for my reg document to arrive though. I chased Dvla after a month or so and they told me I shouldn’t be driving the car without it. I was already due the running in service!!

• Gold FFM
12 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

B5211318-CC4F-4943-B2BF-897F7CBBD9F0.jpeg

Unlikely it’s a factor in the delays.  It gives some pointers on timings leading up to delivery.

Manufacturers are now legally required to provide you with a CoC, which you’d need if you wanted to export the car and register it outside the UK.  Previously you’d have to apply for one if you wanted one.  Or a buyer in (say) France would have to apply for one when they bought the car before they could register it locally.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/certificate-of-conformity-for-new-vehicles

I heard somewhere that getting Euro Conformity before getting UK Conformity was a must.  So... yes, getting the EU Conformity may have been the reason for delay of cars in UK.

• Gold FFM

Wow - 2 weeks between PDI and delivery? Hopefully that will speed up as they hone the process and they'll now have boxes of print manuals "in stock" to send out with the cars as well.

I hope my manual pouch has red stitch (unlikely I know....) ! 

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

On 02/11/2022 at 23:23, TomE said:

Unlikely it’s a factor in the delays.  It gives some pointers on timings leading up to delivery.

Manufacturers are now legally required to provide you with a CoC, which you’d need if you wanted to export the car and register it outside the UK.  Previously you’d have to apply for one if you wanted one.  Or a buyer in (say) France would have to apply for one when they bought the car before they could register it locally.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/certificate-of-conformity-for-new-vehicles

Yes and that includes selling to Northern Ireland.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Murdock said:

And now for sale at £105k lol

Can't see on ph or AT - where is it listed so we can keep an eye on it...

• 2 weeks later...

You need to google how PPF is applied! :lol:

It's a special liquid they use and the amount used is astronomical! It evaporates through the film but is essential to make sure the film is easy to get into place, I believe it's called 'slip mix'. 

• Like 1

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

• 2 weeks later...