Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery - Page 5 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Delivery Friday - First UK Emira Delivery

Abgreenbank

Car back from PPF etc, I’m still out of the country so my son took delivery. Car started fine in the trailer it was driven out and then switched off. A couple of minutes later my son tried to start it but nothing but lots of warning messages, he called me so I told him to check the battery voltage and it was 12.2v so I told him to disconnect the neutral terminal from the battery leave it 30 secs and then reconnect, the main ecu should reboot and yes all was well and it started. Moral of the story keep a 10mm spanner in the boot. The battery maintainer is now connected. I guess the freezing temperature combined with no miles in a month,was too much.

to be fair my new defender 90 won’t do software updates and has fits too when battery voltage is low.

• Like 2

This is fairly normal which is why I have my Evora and M100's hooked up to battery conditioners when not in daily use.

But, it begs the question, why would you not be using your Emira for 18 days? If you need someone to use it please let me know 😉

• Haha 1

Well lead acid discharge rates should allow more than 18 days, unless new cars are delivered with undercharged batteries and don’t assume new cars, and I dont mean just Lotus, have alternator/charging systems that charge a battery to anywhere near 100% soc.

obviously parasitic loads are an issue but I don’t thing the Emira has state of the art systems that constantly talk to hethel etc while discharging the battery (unless you have a tracker)

oh and the problem is the car isn’t where I am

Edited by Abgreenbank

The Emira is “connected” - the manual mentions that lotus can interrogate the car for engine parameters and to aid diagnoses. The way I read it was this was done remotely. So I think there is a non-negligible discharge rate when parked up for the modems and security systems.
My rock solid Audi TTS was left in the cold for 2.5weeks and the first cold crank was very slow compared to normal. 

Edited by Scrute

On 20/12/2022 at 17:49, jerzybondov said:

I don't think you'll find a new car on the market that doesn't need a bit of help if left static for 18+ days? 

I am not sure about that, the mini and the Ferrari of my wife would stay Parker outside for much longer than this and still start whereas my Evora was really the only car where I was charging it regularly when unused more than week.

i fear this means garage owners only when it comes to those cars. If really this is all new cars, the I may just keep adding up to my 90’s collection.

• Gold FFM

Apparently, Lotus Australia has just under 300 hundred orders for the Emira and already has orders for the Eletre.

I don't know how many Evoras ever sold over here, but I am pretty sure that the Emira will beat it.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

On 20/12/2022 at 16:49, jerzybondov said:

I don't think you'll find a new car on the market that doesn't need a bit of help if left static for 18+ days? 

My Alpine was left for a month last summer whilst I was away and not a problem starting on my return. It is left outside in my drive and is fitted with a tracker, which I regularly checked.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM
On 28/12/2022 at 05:36, ramjet said:

Apparently, Lotus Australia has just under 300 hundred orders for the Emira and already has orders for the Eletre.

I don't know how many Evoras ever sold over here, but I am pretty sure that the Emira will beat it.

About 6000 from 2009 to 2021. If they make the 17 a day they plan (I think they are doing about 15 a day at the moment) they will surpass Evora numbers in about a year. I would call that a success!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@Abgreenbank that photo in front of the rear wheel looks brilliant.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

@Abgreenbanklooks great and I've watched the you tube vids of the PPF - two questions spring to mind - did they remove the rear badging to apply the film? and any concerns over them dropping the headlights out to do the work? Thank you. ( I'm going for partial PPF when mine eventually arrives) 

• 2 weeks later...

Hmmmm, a bit of a mixed review, but I hope it still continues to grow on you.

By the way, is it just me, or does anyone else think that the tablet sized screen in the Emira is very intrusive and spoils the line and classicdesign of the dash?  

44 minutes ago, Rambo said:

Emira is very intrusive and spoils the line and classicdesign of the dash? 

not when compared to a Tesla?

• Gold FFM

I've been in a Mazda 3 (I think) and the centre screen is much more obtrusive than the Emira's one.

The one in the Tesla rivals some cinemas, it's that big.

For the market that Lotus are trying to bridge to, that customer wants the centre screen. Unfortunately, it can't be flush with the dash as there is just not the real estate to do it. I think it looks ok. At least it is longer and narrower than some cars out there today.

2 hours ago, Abgreenbank said:

After a new air suspension landrover, which is magic carpet like!!

Needs some TLC

D9A9E25C-AD55-458F-8B76-8AACF6B7F307.jpeg

6257DC5A-417D-4B85-8C5D-1BF68179BDF5.jpeg

Thanks for the update, great to have an honest appraisal from an owner!

Are you on touring or sports suspension (re the ride)?

Also - that’s amazing re economy. Pretty much impossible to get an Evora S over 30mpg - I wonder what they’ve done to the same basic block to get more power and more miles out of it at the same time? Unless the trip computer is just flat out lying to make you feel better (have had that on several cars 🤣)

Edited by jerzybondov