Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Lotus Esprit S1/2/2.2 needed for Classic Cars magazine feature - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Lotus Esprit S1/2/2.2 needed for Classic Cars magazine feature

Bibs

Can anyone please help with this? Thank you :)

Please let me know below and I'll PM over an email/phone number for you. 

I'm looking for a Lotus Esprit S1 or S2 to use in a feature for Classic Cars magazine, to shoot some time within the next four weeks.

Are there any mainland UK-based owners who would be willing to let us use their car?

Please pass my contact details on to anyone with a suitable car who would be willing to help.

Many thanks,

Sam Dawson

Content Editor
Classic Cars magazine

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 4 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, williamtherebel said:

It was interesting seeing what goes on. Ive never been on one before. The photographer took his life in his hands sometimes with him hanging out the rear window of the support car to get (hopefully) some great shots of the car in motion.

When I did a photoshoot the photographer was hanging out the back of an estate car taking photos - I was driving the support car at the time. He got so low to the ground he scaped his camera on the tarmac.

• Like 1
Dave - 2000 Sport 350

• 4 weeks later...

I subscribe Lez so get the copy early, the guy was very complimentary of your car cementing it as his dream car but out of his price range.

The bleak Lancashire day really brought out the S1 lines making a nice shoot, the photos set should look great making your time worth while. 🙂

• Like 1

Do or do not, there is no try! 

• 2 months later...

So Ive finally got the 'set' of photos from the photo shoot. Must say, I was bandied about from the photographer to the contact from the mag that I was dealing with to get them.

The shoot took place in December!

Although I had volunteered the use of my car, and was happy on the day and found it very interesting, I cannot say Im impressed with the portfolio of photos. 

This comprised of the  8 photos that were printed in the magazine. Of which only 5 are really of the car/interior.

When I asked if I could have more from the hundreds that were taken I was just fobbed off.

I also had to promise not to post them on social media (they class The Lotus Forums as such. So cannot even show you on here, although @LOTUSMAN33 did a good job of posting a couple from the mag)

Good job I took some of my own photos which I have already posted.

So if your approached by a car magazine to use your car, make sure you know what you are going to get out of it, if anything.

My (limited) exposure to the Media is that they are excruciatingly pleasant to you until they have got what they need from you, then you can fcuk off for all they care.

So I'm not surprised to hear your report!

Sorry to hear that Lez, sounds a bit of a shitty way to treat you. I'll take this up with Sam. 

I offered my car for 2 days to a TV production recently; Whitstable Pearl with Kerry Godliman, at the direct request of Lotus. It was local to me, Kemsing Hall and I arrived at 7:30am on the first day, car all cleaned and looking epic. I couldn't have been more ignored, missed out of coffee rounds, told to keep out of the way etc if I tried! I left halfway through the day as I was wasting my time being there and it wasn't a nice environment and was also mucked about picking the car up on after day 2. I did feed this back and said if it were one of our members who'd been helping out, basically the only person on the set not getting paid and lending a car for free, I'd be fuming. Having recently watched the episode, it didn't really feature much or make much sense in the show either which really doesn't help! 

I do work in media production and have been on quite a few sets, this one was very poor with bad attitudes all around, quite the opposite to what I usually experience. 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I watched a tv show years ago. Had Bradley Walsh as a PE teacher. 
in one scene he climbed out of “his” spitfire over the back of the car. 

since then, I knew that
I would *never* loan my car to any tv/film/model shoot (3 women sitting on my bonnet? I don’t think so!). 

Octane magazine were superb on our Elise S1 photoshoot and testing. Top notch journalist John Simister. Likewise CAR magazine at Goodwood. 

TV production not linked to cars specifically is risky. They have other pressures, understandably, and don't understand how precious our cars are to us.

Even the Top Gear test in November was challenging, a host of exotic machinery (Bugatti, 959, F1, Esprit Turbo, etc ... ) all lent for free. We were treated pretty shabbily but had free food. TLF member I had introduced to TG survived as did his Esprit but the attitude of the production team was poor. Some owners left early with their cars.

Justin