Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 5 - Emira Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Already looking for its third owner after only 12 miles? Must be something wrong with it.

I assume that the winning bidder at the auction was trade so not counted, they will want a profit from it after their auction costs.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
3 hours ago, philnotts said:

Apparently this is the collecting cars auction Emira. 

Ate you sure , it's on different wheels

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

The guy selling it has an impressive set of other cars for sale, (when I first looked there were no pics on the ad.)

From the pics - even the yellow body colour and tyres look different. But the same pattern wheels.

• Gold FFM

It's the same car.  Advertised on Autotrader while sat in the Lotus dealership in Nottingham (at £105k and didn't sell), then auctioned on CC, now up for sale with a trader.  Whoever buys it will be the second person on the registration.

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I agree with you re the pessimism but do think it is, in part, a response to the over zealous love bombing from some who just could not temper their enthusiasm and essentially dismissed everything that came before it as not being "good enough" etc.  It is "tiring" hearing people bleat on about residuals/investment etc. Buying a car to make a profit or because they think their money will be safe is just bloody stupid in my humble opinion. FFS people, you buy a car to drive the bloody thing. If you want a safe investment then go and speak to a financial advisor, but even then your cash will not be guaranteed! 

So tell you what, let's stop all the speculation, and focus on what the "toy" is for, driving enjoyment and pleasure, whilst remembering this is a car that has been dialled down slightly to appeal to the wider mass market, not just "the drivers".

It's a damn fine car. It's a great looking car. It's a relative bargain. But maybe if some dialled down the hyperbole there wouldn't be the pessimism.

Have you got one on order? 

• Like 1

Not sure what that has to do with anything, but nope. In the currently available spec it is not for me.

• Haha 1

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Plus the one on Pistonheads with Cameron. Prices ranging from £93 to £105k. Although most do not physically have the cars yet. All just looking for a quick turnaround/profit. Normal for traders but a few private owners also seeing a quick cash win. Wonder if it was their plan from the outset, as with anything it’s about supply v demand. Not the greatest time to be selling though and would be interested to see how quickly these are sold and the values come springtime. It’s not in the same league as Top end 911’s but won’t cost you a fortune to keep for a year or two and if it’s a long term keeper who cares. Never cost me much to own a Lotus….So far 

21 hours ago, philnotts said:

.... 7 cars for sale now. Most aren't even delivered 😂 

On 10/12/2022 at 12:30, exeterjeep said:

Another one seems to have been added today..£104991 yellow

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202212102424691

Price drop - £99,991 !!

1 hour ago, Whitey said:

Also the brake disc in the top picture is grooved and drilled (all be it you can only see 1 groove, which is odd) and the bottom car is drilled only.

One is a front wheel, the other a rear, do they groove the rear discs?

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

• Gold FFM

It's the same car.  The pictures are one front disc (drilled and grooved) and one rear disc (drilled only).  The apparently different logo colours are just the different lighting and colour saturations - see also how the reds are different intensities.

17 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Supply and demand in action. As soon as 6 or 7 examples are listed at the same time, the vendors start falling over each other to lower their asking prices in a race to the bottom!

May be able to pick one up for list next week!

• Haha 1