Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching! - Page 9 - Emira Chat - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Emira Market Watch, for discussion and to help those searching!

robington

Hendy Exeter have a new V6 auto - blue/black pack - available for immediate delivery according to their Instagram     (I hate Instagram - it is not organised/time stamped..)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen this post from Lotus Silverstone....

popped in to see one of our used Lotus' and walked out with a new Emira from our operating stock!

Looks as if you wanted an Emira and were not too fussy about exact spec then delivery can be really quick...

• Like 2

Yes. Aimee at Lotus Silverstone explained to me that all dealers  have ’operating stock’ which I took to be ‘cancelled orders’ that Lotus Cars pushes out to dealers. I saw a Seneca Blue car with Red leather in there all ready to go. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

New car depreciation shocker!!

They'll be £40k in 3/4 years and probably like the previous cars, that's where they'll stay but almost  everything drops in value when used. P/ex is never an efficient way to sell a car, they dealer does need to retail the car on and make a profit too. 

• Like 2

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

These were never cars that were going to hold strong residuals. You're moving into "mass market" arenas now (for sports cars) and so values will move accordingly. It'll stabilise as right now the car market seems a bit flat. But I must admit a £20-25k kick in the teeth after 5 months would hurt. But then I'm a tight arsed git. Assuming that dealer is B&C and he is trading up to a Macca.

Lovely spec though, so maybe I should make a cheeky offer of £65k..... lol.

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

@KennyN - and in your description is the rub - "highly specced" - so what £50k of extras? So you can right them off almost straight away from any future sale price. Also, McLaren has had an oversupply issue at times which has seen it push out more cars than dealers could sell, forcing the dealers to take them, and that meant some substantial discounts on new cars had been available. None of that helps at resale time and dare I say it but Lotus could be going down a similar route.

@Barrykearley I doubt you will see an Emira at under £50k for quite some time. You'll just have to be patient lol. However, I could see them at £60-65k by the end of the year. But then at that price, a new Alpine A110 would surely be the more sensible purchase.

• Like 1

God doesn't want me, and the Devil isn't finished with me yet.

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

Tom Hartley still has the 72? plate one that was one of the first flipped, so he must have paid over the odds for it, and still listed at close to £92k. He'll have to reduce its price.  There does not seem, to be a shortage of low mileage Emira's around.

Can't see them getting down to under £50k for at least 18 months - except for a cat C/S.  

Hendy had a new V6 auto at £91k, when I spoke to them I said they would never sell it at that price, has been reduced by just over 1k - not enough IMHO.

Around 3 years ago Howards had an new Evora, that was originally listed just over £100k, was then at £79k when I went to see it, it was finally sold when the price was reduced to £75k.

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, Bibs said:

New car depreciation shocker!!

They'll be £40k in 3/4 years and probably like the previous cars, that's where they'll stay but almost  everything drops in value when used. P/ex is never an efficient way to sell a car, they dealer does need to retail the car on and make a profit too. 

Apparently official dealers (sorry - sales agents) have access to ~70 cars already built and sitting at Hethel as a result of cancelled orders, which can and does happen under the current "able to cancel and refund until final invoice issued" UK direct sales process, and are probably discouraging trade-ins on that basis. This could be artificially supressing trade-in values for now, at least.......

• Thanks 1

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

• Gold FFM

https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/dealer/983400

Cancelled orders, presumably......

My Lotus History - 1998 Elise S1 (sold) - 1993 Esprit S4 (sold) - 2004 Elise S2 111S (sold) - 1995 M100 Elan S2 (sold) - 2014 Evora S IPS Sports Racer (sold) - 2023 Emira i4 First Edition V6 Auto (Touring Chassis, Hethel Yellow, Full Black Pack, Black Alcantara /Yellow Stitch interior and Steering Wheel, Yellow Calipers, Privacy Glass, Tracker)

I’ve seen several dealers are advertising unregistered stock for sale recently. Can’t be a great sign for the immediate values.
It really has been the perfect storm against lotus. Supply shortages pushing sales back into economic instability and interest rate rises. Now, inevitably, the recently inflated car market is feeling the pinch of all those factors and slowing. Plus a few “lotusisms” of build niggles thrown in for good measure.

Lotus wouldn’t be Lotus without drama though. 
I’ve sadly just cancelled my i4 order due to none of the above. When faced with the final ordering process I’ve decided I need the option to take the roof off my sport car 😕

• Gold FFM

What saddens me for the UK sports car side of the new Lotus company, is the combined effects of all these international problems.  I know these are different times, but it has strong resonances for me of the M100 Elan situation in the late 1980's early '90's. 

That in effect was the right car for that period of time, with the immense popularity of front wheel drive hot hatchbacks having replaced the demand for 'traditional sports cars'.  Lotus with GM's backing prepared a front drive convertible sports car that was a great alternative for the hot hatch buyer of the time, a lot more money mind you but it was from a prestigious sports car maker.  Not to forget Lotus had stacks of engineering expertise in getting FWD car chassis to perform for other major manufacturers. 

It arrived late to the party allied to the economic downturn in the late 80's early 90's that M100 launched in.  They had production and supply issues as well, coinciding with the economic situation, inevitably demand just fell away.  I remember driving one of Peter Smiths demonstrators at the time, the turbo model, it was great, my daily hack was a MKII Golf Gti, just the target market.  It certainly was so dynamically superior, they had nailed the brief for a superior FWD hot hatch alternative.  I still have my Elan Sprint that I had then, it wouldn't have persuaded me to have swapped it for one though. 

There was also another factor to consider as well the Mazda Mx5/Miata launched, well cloned from classic Lotus Elan DNA - going on to be the worlds most successfully selling two seater sports convertible. Major competition at much less money.

Unfortunately it arrived late to the party with the economic downturn of the late 80's early 90's the Elan launched in, they had production and supply issues as well, inevitably demand just fell away.  I remember driving one of Peter Smiths demonstrators at the time, the turbo model, it was great, my daily hack was a MKII Golf Gti, just the target market.  It certainly was so dynamically superior, thy had named the brief for a superior FWD hot hatch alternative.  I still have my Elan Sprint I had then, it wouldn't have persuaded me to have swapped it for one at the time, as it felt like I was getting a convertible sports hot hatch.  

Just to add, I haven't yet had the pleasure of driving an Emira and am no way making any remotely similar driving comparisons to above.  With the Emira Lotus have striven to make an exceptional alternative to Porsche Cayman buyers, for increased market share, I shan't include Boxster as there is no convertible Emira.  They have aimed at providing a more luxurious interior with appropriate tech and seemingly got it right.  The biggest problem is the enforced price increases, where a non 6 cylinder Caymen is drastically less money, even after the usual Porschefest of extras that Lotus do not do.  There are always niggles with any new cars, from my experience other well celebrated marks have plenty enough of them - its just that their owners don't like to broadcast them so obviously. 

• Like 1