Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Central Locking Stopped Working - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Central Locking Stopped Working

Hi,

Randomly after it working fine the central locking has stopped worked on my Evora, this includes the boot.

Checked the C3 fuse and replaced it, still does not work.

The alarm arms and disarms OK.

Thought its the central locking modual then, so purchased a new one and pluged it in, still no central locking.

Anyone had this before, or any ideas? does the new module need setting up or should it be plug and play?

Thanks!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
8 hours ago, agentdr8 said:

CDL and Alarm modules are separate. What specific functionality is not working? The dash CDL button (lock/unlock)? Or the keyfob buttons 1 and 2? 

Dash button does not work & the remote unlocking & locking

including the boot release

8 hours ago, Bibs said:

Is this just in a certain location too? RF interference? 

No everwhere unfortunatly 

8 hours ago, Redwing said:

Have you tried replacing the battery in the key fob?

its not that as the dash button for locking and unlocking also dosnt work 

1 hour ago, thealastair34 said:

my dash door lock and unlock does not work, it illuminates red when ou press it but nothing happens, worked fine before all this stopped working 

Since your dash CDL button is not locking/unlocking the doors, but is turning red, it's possibly fuse C2 or C3 in the front fuse panel. 

is the car battery fairly new and in good, fully charged condition. If so, I'd be tempted to disconnect the battery for about 1 hour, then reconnect it and see if the car resets itself - long shot, but worth trying!

17 minutes ago, thealastair34 said:

checked those and swapped them, still the same 

they had not blown

Then the only things left are the alarm ECU, and the door lock actuators themselves. See the highlighted circuit diagram below:

image.thumb.png.db91d51606560b9088ca534339cffbc5.png

If you haven't checked fuse C26 and C11, it can't hurt to verify they haven't blown. 

• Thanks 2

Get even better, checked all those fuses again and they are fine.

Went to start the car after this and now it wont start, wont crank the engine over i can hear the fuel pump prime but thats it.

Think it may be time for a lighter and a match!

Does anyone know if the alarm/immobiliser unit needs coding in or can i buy it from Lotus with the new fobs plug it in and it work?

No idea, ive put it on a charger incase its that but it started fine today for me to move it prior to me checking those fuses, im not getting a starter solenoid click so i think its more likely to be whatever tells the starter to spin?

The immobiliser light goes out on the dash when i press the middle button as per normal 

2 hours ago, thealastair34 said:

Get even better, checked all those fuses again and they are fine.

Went to start the car after this and now it wont start, wont crank the engine over i can hear the fuel pump prime but thats it.

Think it may be time for a lighter and a match!

Does anyone know if the alarm/immobiliser unit needs coding in or can i buy it from Lotus with the new fobs plug it in and it work?

The alarm ECU handles both the fuel pump relay and the ignition (starter) relay. Since your door lock/unlock isn't working from the keyfobs, and that function also goes through the alarm ECU, it stands to reason it might be faulty. 

But the suggestions about having a known-good vehicle battery are definitely the first place to start. 

If you do decide to replace the alarm ECU, you'll have to program it to function with the keyfob(s) you have. 

• Thanks 1

So it doesnt have anything else that controls the starter circuit apart from the alarm ECU?

A new alarm ECU comes with two key fobs ive asked the local dealer, how ever Lotus have no stock so if it is that ive a issue.

Currently charging the battery so will see how that goes over the weekend, or i willl swap it out for one of my other cars.

Thanks for the assistance so far!

• Like 1

If you are regularly having to re charge the battery, I would bin it and get a new quality battery, like Varta, and see if that fixes the issue. Pointless doing any other tests until you've done this, and checked the fuses as you have already done.

I dont have to charge the battery under normal use

Anyway sorted the starting issue, one of the fuses i checked and was fine must have blown when i refitted it and that was stopping the car starting, car is off to the body shop this week so will get back to fault finding the locking when its back