Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Sport button blinking before activation? - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Sport button blinking before activation?

Go to solution Solved by mcdonaa,

Loving the car so far, but something odd.. I'm not sure if this is a quirk, or fault.

When I press the sport button, the button illumination flashes slowly a couple of times, then sport illuminates on the dash.

I seem to remember when I first got the car it was instant on/off?

This is a LE 2009 car.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The throttle map changes when activating sports mode, so if it would do so immediately while throttle is applied, the car would jerk forward... possibly dangerous and unintuitive.

so press on the button when coasting, it will activate immediately.

I have never noticed the flashing before but mine (2013 S) performs differently from the above: if I press it whilst on part throttle, I get an instant and perceptible increase in acceleration. Is it set up differently on NAs?

• Like 1

Interesting. I'm 99% sure that mine doesn't wait: I'll need to check next time I am out. Mind you, my car doesn't also need the handbrake on to open the boot from the dash, so I'll chalk that up on the list of electrical differences.

5 hours ago, pixelmix said:

I have never noticed the flashing before but mine (2013 S) performs differently from the above: if I press it whilst on part throttle, I get an instant and perceptible increase in acceleration. Is it set up differently on NAs?

Mines a 2010 N A and I get exactly the same.

• Gold FFM

I thought the same first reading this, just tested and my 2013 NA surges under constant throttle when you hit the sports button. You can definitely activate it with throttle on.

• Gold FFM

Well my (very early) 2009 LE sport mode definitely doesn't switch on unless you have no throttle input....otherwise I get the flashing sport button, like Grog. Maybe they changed something on later cars?

My 2010 doesn't care what you're doing with the throttle, it'll turn on regardless. I'm sure this was in the manual that you're meant to be off the throttle for it to activate but it seems to be a bit of both from the posts on here! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I don't get any blinking/flashing lights once I deploy the Sports button on my 2009 LE Evora, irrespective of right foot 🤔

OK, it might take a few seconds to kick in, but there is no sudden surge in acceleration.  it is fast and responsive.

Edited by Rambo

I checked today, and its instant activation with no throttle depression. Very happy this is 'normal' ..... or as normal as a lotus gets..

To be clear it's the button illumination which flashes not the 'sport' indicator by the speedo.

I missed the button flashing the first few times in daylight,  but wondered why sport mode wasn't engaging for several seconds. 

Maybe it engages on steady throttle inputs too, will need to check.

I guess I expected it to engage regardless as this is what happens on my cayenne, where the increase in acceleration is slightly smoothed over half a second at a guess.

• Like 1