Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora S to 410 suspension - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora S to 410 suspension

Hi, just looking at the 410 suspension in the shop and wondered

A) are these an upgrade from the standard S fitment?

B) will they straight swap?

C) if I'm going to go to the trouble of swapping shocks are there any others out there with a similar value proposition?

I'm not looking for anything severe, I rarely track if at all but saw the shocks and thought maybe the car deserves a new set at that price.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There may be some alignment considerations too - not sure if they’re a straight swap? Also bear in mind things like bushing rates etc are all designed to work in synchrony with spring rates and dampers etc - changing just one part of that puzzle might have unexpected results!

There is no such thing as an upgrade of Lotus suspension for road use. 

Suspension, ride and handling are the dynamics at the heart of every Lotus. Each model will have been expertly assessed to be as good as it can be for the characteristics that Lotus desired for that car. 

You are wise to seek advice, I'd speak to known experts like Hangar111, Steve Williams, Lotus on Track etc....before buying any parts 

Justin 

• Like 2

I concur with Jep. 

Put it this way, I used to have Exe-TC 3-way adjustables on a 911 - considered by most to be far and away the best you could have (£8000 retail, which is NOT what I paid, but they were not cheap) - and the Evora was way, way better than that!

Don't forget that suspension tuning also involves the bushings as well.

Thanks Jairaj. I have Nitrons on at the moment which are excellent for track and for the road. There is just one thing, I am no longer doing track works since  Covid. I am almost decided thatI may no longer do long road trips and tracks at the end, but will continue to do occasional track days. The Nitrons ‘knock’ ( the billiard ball sound) at slow speed over potholes type bumps. It has been a compromise I am willing to accept for a track focussed car, but now it may be that I need something knock free for more road use. The sport billies may be just the thing.

Is there anyone who has the GT 410 dampers can comment on how much they rattle or knock over slow speed bumps?

Thanks Brent.  I prefer the stiffer ride (insert joke of choice) and the slow speed knock of the Nitrons is lost on the road when travelling on faster roads. It’s just the in town slow speed stuff that I notice it. The GT dampers may be worth me changing too as my old man compromise. Can you drop me a note of how much you are looking for. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...