Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Emergency Alerts Real or Conspiracy? - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Emergency Alerts Real or Conspiracy?

Kimbers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
23 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

Thanks for flagging a bunch of the misinformation Bibs!

Or Kimbers even!

• Haha 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Stop me and buy one!!

I turned off my emergency notifications weeks ago.

Personally, I think it has nothing to do with flooding, weather or fires. Fires FFS 😲 That is the usual Govt. bull$hit.

I believe it is more sinister and is being set up in case of nuclear alert or war. Putin doesn't live too far away 🤮

• Like 1

Brothers by different mothers.........one has been adopted by the other one's father........they both share the same lightweight DNA eminating from Potash Lane......

Dave  (Conspiracy Theorist)

• Haha 2

Dave.

26 minutes ago, Rambo said:

I turned off my emergency notifications weeks ago.

I believe it is more sinister and is being set up in case of nuclear alert or war. Putin doesn't live too far away 🤮

So why would you turn it off? 

"they are about to bomb your area"

"No! No they aren't"

"Yes they are! get out now and you could survive"

"Nope I've turned off my Alerts so it's definately not happening!"

🤪

Stop me and buy one!!

3 hours ago, Rambo said:

Bimbers and Kimbers 😉

Bimbers is my sons nickname. It was Kimbers to begin with but.... just too confusing as most people call me Kimbers now in Work and out!

Stop me and buy one!!

Turned mine off because there were many tests by the networks, and I had one work phone plus one private with two different SIMs, so got 3x alerts. Once it's actually up and running then I may turn one of the private ones back on.

Ignore the conspiracies. I've received them in US for flood alerts, South Korea for missile tests and Tawian for something else. Also worked on the mobile systems about 15 years ago. It's old tech that just hasn't been used in the UK yet.

We were in Boston USA a few years ago when there was a presidential test alert. We had just arrived in the US, checked into the hotel and walked to a local coffee shop when suddenly everybody’s telephone, including ours, started going off with a high pitched bleep. 
We knew nothing of this test, so were slightly alarmed, wondering what the hell was going on. Fortunately, the other customers, seeing our concerns, explained what it was all about. 😁

I don’t see any problem with receiving a warning in this way about life threatening issues to be honest. 

1 hour ago, Spinney said:

I don’t see any problem with receiving a warning in this way about life threatening issues to be honest. 

But what exactly are you going to do when you get the warning?

Close the windows, go for a last thrash in the Lotus, sit in your bunker, pour yourself a glass of Chateau d'Yquem, shag the Missus, walk the dog, go down the pub with your mates, phone your Mum.....

OK, shagging the Missus is a bit far fetched but what exactly are we supposed to do?

• Haha 1

Well I guess that very clearly would depend on the exact nature of the emergency. 🤷‍♂️

I’d still rather know about any impending doom that’s about to befall me. At least then I could try making an informed decision about what to do next. I don’t think I’d panic but instead try and think of a way round the problem. My wife would definitely panic though!🤦

I fear most of the population will just panic, and possibly make things even worse...

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

• Gold FFM

Or come to Oz. We don't have them here.

But once we do, you can all go back home.

• Haha 2

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of the Moderators. (I'm not one of the elves anymore, but I'll leave the link here)

I can see that such a system is really useful in a country where there are serious things that the population need  warning about - i.e Tsunamis in Japan, Tornadoes in the USA etc. but in the UK I can see that there will be mission creep with warnings such as it might be a bit wet, or a bit sunny.

This test is timed to go off in the latter stages of the London Marathon, might be worth watching at 3pm to see if there is any reaction by anyone. I'll be on a hockey pitch umpiring the U16 London region finals.

I totally agree Chris.

Let's hope there are no Paula Radcliffe moments 💩 and no one's taking a penalty stroke on the dot of 1500.

We have got so used to daily "be aware yellow alert" warnings for the slightest bit of wind, rain or snow (it used to be called weather) that surely we've become immune to it?

If the warning is for something more serious ie an imminent nuclear attack, an earthquake, a tidal wave etc....what do we do? You can't just have a warning without having info. on how to cope and proceed with the danger. 

And if London had an immediate terrorist alert why would anyone in say Dundee or Falkirk need to be warned?

As I understand it, genuine alerts will only be transmitted within the affected areas. Obviously, tomorrow’s test is nationwide as it is just that - a test. 

I also believe the intention is to give advice related to the particular alert. 

Let’s see how it all works before condemning it as some sort of conspiracy shall we. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 2

Genuine alerts within affected areas makes good, common sense.

Forgive my scepticism and pessimism. When I see what Governments ie Johnson and particularly Sturgeon have done over the last 3 or 4 years with ballsed up, half arsed approaches to things you'll see whete I'm coming from 🤔