Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
“Lotus Evora: Speed and Style” by Johnny Tipler - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

“Lotus Evora: Speed and Style” by Johnny Tipler

Bravo73

I understand that this has now been published. Has anyone bought a copy yet?

https://www.veloce.co.uk/store/Lotus-Evora-p445897315

I was wondering how different it was to his original Evora book. It will obviously be updated but is it essentially a reprint (with a couple of additional chapters) or something more original?

The sample pages certainly look very interesting:

https://www.veloce.co.uk/warehouse/downloads/sample_pdfs/V5767.pdf

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I'd like to own a copy, I'm sure it's good but for me Veloce Publishing don't offer value for money. I think their books are over-priced compared offers from others.

Coterie Press books are not cheap but worth every penny. I never feel that with any Veloce Publishing book I've seen to date. 

Justin 

I ordered it around 6 months ago and got a message from Amazon today saying it’s on its way - hopefully to be delivered tomorrow.  

50 minutes ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh dear. This caption needs correcting before it goes to print. I don’t think Geely will be pleased to see the incorrect reference to “Anglo-Japanese synergies” rather than China!

z2e6KvP.png

Oh dear indeed!

10 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Oh dear. This caption needs correcting before it goes to print. I don’t think Geely will be pleased to see the incorrect reference to “Anglo-Japanese synergies” rather than China!

z2e6KvP.png

Is it perhaps referring to the Toyota drivetrain?

• Like 1

Right caption and idea. Wrong picture. It's all a bit...

image.png.ebcdfcb359581a774ecf0467304feeea.png

I came into this world screaming and covered in someone elses blood. I'll probably leave it in the same way. 

The small print.

My comments and observations are my own, invariably "tongue in cheek", and definitely, sarcastic in nature. Therefore, do not take my advice, suggestions, observations or posts seriously or personally and remember if you do, do anything, that I may have suggested, then you have done this based solely on your own decision to do so and therefore you acknowledge responsibility and accountability (I know, in this modern world these are the hardest things for you to accept) for your actions and indemnify me of any influence, responsibility, accountability, or liability, in what you have done. In other words, you did it, so suffer the consequences on your own!

The whole concept is flawed. Journo with no knowledge of car puts together a few pics and half heard information. Look at his Elise offering and then this. Does he own a yellow car by chance? or did I mean chancer.

5 hours ago, Bruss said:

The whole concept is flawed. Journo with no knowledge of car puts together a few pics and half heard information.

I was flicking through his ‘Sublime Sports car’ book the other evening and he reckons that he was the only journo allowed to drive the Evora pre-release. 

Sublime Supercar was published by Coterie Press. A good book, as always by Coterie. 

Johnny T knows his stuff and loves Lotus. He's let down by Veloce Publishing, as are all authors. 

Justin 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...