Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Front left side engine mount - Engine/Ancilliaries - TLF - Totally Lotus Jump to content

IGNORED

Front left side engine mount

red vtec

Just getting ready to pull the engine. What size is the bolt on the engine mount down by the manifold? I don’t want to round it off. It’s ages since I did the others and I don’t have the parts book with me. The WS manual does not give the size. It’s an early 88 Steven’s. Thanks 

IMG_2335.jpeg

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

@fjmuurling thanks for reply.  It’s the tightest nut known to mankind. 

Amateurs built the Ark

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM

Definitely 19mm.  The nut will probably move before the bolt.  Use physics - increase the spanner length by whatever means.  If necessary I have metal tubing that will do this.  You can wedge a 19mm ring on the bolt if it turns.

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

2 hours ago, Sparky said:

Definitely 19mm.  The nut will probably move before the bolt.  Use physics - increase the spanner length by whatever means.  If necessary I have metal tubing that will do this.  You can wedge a 19mm ring on the bolt if it turns.

Ive managed to get spanner’s on both sides, I did have a ratchet on the top with a long extension and wobble joint. I used to have a metal tube for slipping over spanner’s, not sure where it is. Think I’ll have to work it back and forth with plenty of lube ( not the first time :) ) 

Amateurs built the Ark

Is the 13mm bolt into a captive nut? Thanks 

Amateurs built the Ark

• Gold FFM

If you mean the M8s holding the mounting to the chassis, they are nut and bolt - not captive.

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

@Sparky thanks, if I remove these I can then lift the engine out? The big 19mm won’t move for live or money. 

Amateurs built the Ark

On 24/06/2023 at 03:57, Chillidoggy said:

And, if you have a n Alunox manifold, you lift the engine in and out with the bolt still in place, taking note of Rubik’s heat shield assembly.

On my '85 TE, that motor mount bolt was captive even with the OEM manifold. I had hoped my Alunox would allow extraction, but no.

image.jpeg.b38e5c705e6ff8352fa09fbb1bc3afe1.jpeg

• Like 1